Info needed for Georgia, Atlanta or Macon

407dm

Hi all

I am planning my Carnival Fascination trip to Jacksonville and I will be coming through Georgia, several people have asked me to get some Blenheims soda when I am in the area. If anyone can help me with some grocery stores or anyplace that stocks it please pass on this info.

Thanks in advance.

Good luck with your quest for the mysterious HOT Ginger Ale. Blenheims is not the kind of thing you run into Publix, Piggly Wiggly, Kroger, Walmart, etc. and find.

Not sure of your route, assuming you will be going up 75, and through the ATL, your best bet is David’s Produce 3561 Lavista Rd Decatur, GA 30033 (404) 325-0709.

I would call before driving there, it's about 30 minutes (each way) out of your way!

Hi all

I am planning my Carnival Fascination trip to Jacksonville and I will be coming through Georgia, several people have asked me to get some Blenheims soda when I am in the area. If anyone can help me with some grocery stores or anyplace that stocks it please pass on this info.

Thanks in advance.

You need to go into South Carolina to find it.

I also was born in Georgia and have lived here my entire life and I have never heard of that soda.
Same here, born & raised in Georgia.........both Atlanta & Macon are only 2 hours away from here, and never heard of it either.:confused:

A national advertising campaign for Blenheim Ginger Ale began in 1903 with an ad appearing in The New Yorker Magazine. This near century old company is still in existence today, making the same high quality ginger ale.

A recent excerpt from The New York Times, reads "Blenheim Ginger Ale, the pride of South Carolina, pulls no punches, and its feisty approach has propelled it from modest regional fame to cult status...

If you have questions about BLENHEIM GINGER ALE, please call or write. All serious inquiries will receive a reply.

You may call us at 1-800-270-9344 from anywhere in the U.S. to place an order (we accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover) and we'll ship it out no later than the next business day. You may also fax orders to us at (803) 774-4018

If you are in South Carolina, on Interstate 95, you are welcome to come by South of the Border and visit one of the plants where Blenheim Ginger Ale is made. This plant is generally open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Blenheim Bottlers

P. 0. Box 452

Hamer, SC 29547

1-800-270-9344

(843) 774-0322

fax:(843) 774-4018

http://blenheimshrine.com/Blenheim%20shrine%20-%20Purchase.html

This gives you a list of places that sell the stuff...

Good Luck

Just north of Atlanta. It's at Fresh Market. They only have it in six pack glass bottles. I'm not sure of the exit number off 75 but it's the Dobbins AFB and Delk Road exit. The store is located probably about 15 minutes from the interstate. You can go to their website www.freshmarket.com to get directions because I suck at giving them. I just called and they have it in stock now.

This really brings back memories...my ex-hubby was born in Bennettsville, SC and everytime we drove to SC we had to stop and buy a Blenhiem (sp) soda at this little bitty roadside store. Man, that is some nasty stuff. It comes in flavors, orange, grape, etc. and that helps a little but it is Spicy Hot Ginger ale.:eek:

I had no idea anyone, anywhere would ever want that stuff...go figure!

This really brings back memories...my ex-hubby was born in Bennettsville, SC and everytime we drove to SC we had to stop and buy a Blenhiem (sp) soda at this little bitty roadside store. Man, that is some nasty stuff. It comes in flavors, orange, grape, etc. and that helps a little but it is Spicy Hot Ginger ale.:eek:

I had no idea anyone, anywhere would ever want that stuff...go figure!

I get one about once a month at Boone Hall...

But I drink Vernors also (another ginger ale)

Archived