FLL Water Taxi

GTO-Girl

We have never been to FLL and will be arriving late in the afternoon the day before our cruise (staying in the 17th St area).

Since we are only going to be in FLL for such a short time can anyone tell me if the water taxi would be our best option for seeing the area? We're not big on shopping or anything like that, we just mainly want to see some of the coast line.

Thanks everybody!!!

I have done the water taxi several times. The guys who run the boats are quite good and funny with their stories. You can ride all day for a set fee. I honestly can't remember but it isn't much. You can get on and off wherever you like. I would recommend it.

Deb

The Water Taxi does not sail along the coast line. It's route is in the waterways and canals of the city of Fort Lauderdale. It does provide a very scenic view of the area. I don't recall the link, but doing a Google for Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi will get you to their site where there are details of the routes and prices.

The Water Taxi does not sail along the coast line. It's route is in the waterways and canals of the city of Fort Lauderdale. It does provide a very scenic view of the area. I don't recall the link, but doing a Google for Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi will get you to their site where there are details of the routes and prices.

The view from the water taxi is much more scenic and calm than the view from a boat and the coastline.

There is also a trolley on 17th street , It was just a dollar to ride in 2007, and they drop you off at different stops, we used the trolley to get to the beach and back twice that day from our hotel on 17th street worked out just fine :)

They have supermarkets you can take the trolley too also, right nearby and local restaraunts with in walking distance.

Enjoy :)

Archived