When do you board the ship??

rmldc1990

I feel so silly asking this... We are cruising on the Ruby Princess, Venice to Barcelona in July. I have my cruise packet, luggage tags, and have printed my boarding passes. I cannot find anything on any of the information I have that says what time we should arrive at the pier to board the ship in Venice. What am I missing??

thanks!

A confused cruiser :)

I feel so silly asking this... We are cruising on the Ruby Princess, Venice to Barcelona in July. I have my cruise packet, luggage tags, and have printed my boarding passes. I cannot find anything on any of the information I have that says what time we should arrive at the pier to board the ship in Venice. What am I missing??

thanks!

A confused cruiser :)

Not sure about Venice, but usually at Fort Lauderdale, the ship leaves the port at 5pm, you can usually be onboard the ship around noon. I would think it's the same for other ports, but maybe not.

Mike

The itinerary for the cruise should show when broading begins and when the ship is scheduled to sail. We have found they usually start boarding an hour or so before the listed time. For cruises departing US ports, you must check in two hours before the sailing time. I don't know the rules in Italy.

Thanks. The itinerary shows that the ship leaves Venice at 5:00am the next morning, but nothing on the itinerary shows when boarding begins. :confused:

At this point, I would probably call Princess and ask. That might be the safest way if you don't see it on any of your paperwork.

Mike

Go to www.princess.com > My Princess > Cruise Personalizer > Itinerary. On the page with your itinerary, it shows the times to board. I just checked my cruise in July and it says, "CHECK IN FM 1:00PM-4:00PM; ARRIVE AFTER 2:00PM FOR A FASTER CHECK IN". It's a good idea to print out your Travel Summary in addition to your Boarding Pass.

Archived