recycling clothing among cc members

Hi Sister,

Hope you are doing well. Did you have fun with the grandchildren? I love all the dresses you wore on your last cruise. You look beautiful.

xoxoxo

M

Hey sis,

Thank you. I LOVE dressing up and a cruise is the perfect excuse....I am doing great.....I booked another cruise!!! I will be doing another TA from Barcelona to Miami. I fly out Oct 19 arriving in Barcelona Oct 20....will spend all day and 1/2 the night touring Barcelona and on Sun will board NCL Epic for 13 nights. It will stop in Azores Portugal and St Thomas before arriving in Miami on Nov 3...I will then spend 2 nights in Miami before flying home.

Of course, I just HAD to go buy some new dresses at my favorite store :D

I am still in TX with the grand kids. The mother is suppose to be home tomorrow. I now know why having kids is for younger women....Actually they are all good kids (even the 15 yr old is a good kid, just has the smart mouth...back talking and the teenage attitude), but when a person isn't used to being around kids, it's hard.....I should be home on Fri and then I can start deciding what to take on my cruise. Going to "try" to not take as much since I am flying again and don't want the hassle of luggage....

Hope you are well and everything going good with you. When and where is yall's next adventure?

Edited by arhillbilly

I agree , I'm generally a size 4/6 (misses) 5/6 7/8 in Jrs (lol, not that I shop in Jrs much) but if the fabric has spandex in it I can wear up to a 10 .

Alot of my favorite cruise dresses came from Ross but I'm always on the look out for something different so I hit alot of consignment shops in my area. For our upcoming cruise in Dec, Im trying to find a silver formal dress to get me away from BLACK! All our pictures since we started cruising, I have a black dress on except for a gold dress which when I was looking for a gold one all that was out there was silver, go figure

I just saw a beautiful silver dress at Ross. It has a "rose" on the side and drapes down...it's a "crape" material and it was beautiful. Didn't have it in my size or I would have been tempted. I believe it was $27.99 but might be wrong, but I know it wasn't over $29.99.....I will be going back by Ross on Fri (or maybe tomorrow if the mom makes it home early enough) If you want to message me your phone number, I would be glad to take a picture of it and show it to you. I have been told, altho I don't know if there is any truth in it, that you can get one Ross store to send something to a different Ross store. If you had the picture, "your" Ross store might be able to get it from "my" Ross store....Now the store I will go by, is not the one that I saw the dress at, so they might not have it....but I could let you know either way

Edited by arhillbilly

I agree , I'm generally a size 4/6 (misses) 5/6 7/8 in Jrs (lol, not that I shop in Jrs much) but if the fabric has spandex in it I can wear up to a 10 .

I just wish that all my body parts took the same size. :p My slim shoulders could fit into a size two, but it's all downhill from there. I need a 10 to fit over my hips. I buy everything in a wide range of sizes, depending on the cut. Being short makes things harder because the proportions are all out of wack. I am deeply envious of anyone who can say "That's my size - it should fit."

Did everyone receive her package? Please let me know. I hope I do not have to take a trip to the Post office.

M

Hi Marie,

I haven't received my package yet, but I'm not at all concerned at the moment. I get stuff from friends in France and the UK within a few days, but goods coming from the US usually take at least two weeks. I'll certainly let you know when it's in my hot little hands.

Cheers .. Bev :)

I need a size 18 cocktail dress and pumps or heels size 6 ..... all of the things I bought for my cruise (in 19 days) doesn't fit anymore even my shoes are not fitting correctly... Im glad, but shooooot its to close to going ! Im glad I tried the stuff on today!!! :cool:

ETA - I am searching the Ross and Marshals for Capri's and blouses .... I cannot believe NOTHING fits.... woot.

Try Kohls. Those in warm states that have been so hot all summer still have plenty of capris and lighter tops now on the sale racks. You have to roam through the whole store but should be able to find a few things that will work, especially if you're near a bigger town.

I just saw a beautiful silver dress at Ross. It has a "rose" on the side and drapes down...it's a "crape" material and it was beautiful. Didn't have it in my size or I would have been tempted. I believe it was $27.99 but might be wrong, but I know it wasn't over $29.99.....I will be going back by Ross on Fri (or maybe tomorrow if the mom makes it home early enough) If you want to message me your phone number, I would be glad to take a picture of it and show it to you. I have been told, altho I don't know if there is any truth in it, that you can get one Ross store to send something to a different Ross store. If you had the picture, "your" Ross store might be able to get it from "my" Ross store....Now the store I will go by, is not the one that I saw the dress at, so they might not have it....but I could let you know either way

Thanks. I will hit my Ross today . Been stuck in the house since Last Friday with the flu and Its finally run its coarse, lol, I'm having shopping withdraw symptoms big time, but I dont want a relapse either, this thing almost kicked my butt and I dont get sick that often(been 9 yrs since the last flu I had). Will let you know if I need a pic,

Thanks. I will hit my Ross today . Been stuck in the house since Last Friday with the flu and Its finally run its coarse, lol, I'm having shopping withdraw symptoms big time, but I dont want a relapse either, this thing almost kicked my butt and I dont get sick that often(been 9 yrs since the last flu I had). Will let you know if I need a pic,

Hope you feel better and yes, do take it easy. I will be going home (and going by 2 different Ross stores) either tomorrow or Sat.....was hoping it would be today or tomorrow, but that's not happening now......(will only be tomorrow, if the mother of my grand kids gets home in time for me to leave...say before 3pm....otherwise I will wait until Sat since it's an 8 hr drive for me)

I just wish that all my body parts took the same size. :p My slim shoulders could fit into a size two, but it's all downhill from there. I need a 10 to fit over my hips. I buy everything in a wide range of sizes, depending on the cut. Being short makes things harder because the proportions are all out of wack. I am deeply envious of anyone who can say "That's my size - it should fit."

Amen to that! I am 5 foot I am not big busted ( C cup) so tops aren't too hard to fit but then it goes down hill! I have a small-sih waist with a round back side and thick thighs . SO if I get pants they have to fit over my thighs and around my butt but then go in at the waist and not be so long that hemming them ruins the look .As in some pants that are suppose to flare out at the bottom but when you have to hem off 3 or 4 inches it takes away the flare. Or turns a boot cut into a straight cut that looks awful! I wear a size 6 as of now :(last year I was a 4.

Then if I order a dress I have to look at above the knee looks because it will be TO the knee on me. Petite does not always work for pants sometimes the crotch is too short .

Edited by toxicfairy

:pAmen to both of you! I am in total agreement. I wish I could say I have a C cup, but alas I am the barely B, lol. Then there's the bottom halve. Since I've been losing weight it seems the midsection and bum are changing faster than my thighs. So I find that while some pants may fit my thighs, they are way too big in the bum and waist area. Plus I also have the petite thing going on. Some petite tops do not work because they are too short and the regular size will be too long!:confused: What's a girl to do!? I guess I shouldn't complain. I am just glad to be able to wear a smaller size.

Amen to that! I am 5 foot I am not big busted ( C cup) so tops aren't too hard to fit but then it goes down hill! I have a small-sih waist with a round back side and thick thighs . SO if I get pants they have to fit over my thighs and around my butt but then go in at the waist and not be so long that hemming them ruins the look .As in some pants that are suppose to flare out at the bottom but when you have to hem off 3 or 4 inches it takes away the flare. Or turns a boot cut into a straight cut that looks awful! I wear a size 6 as of now :(last year I was a 4.

Then if I order a dress I have to look at above the knee looks because it will be TO the knee on me. Petite does not always work for pants sometimes the crotch is too short .

And on the other end... I'm 5'8" and have recently lost 20 pounds, putting me in size 8-10. I'm thrilled until I try on pants and nothing is long enough. That's when I'm jealous of the shorter ladies because you can hem, but rarely can you lengthen. Often the rise is too short, even if the length is okay. I buy "talks" when I can but its sure hard to find them at a good price!

I'm just glad that dress and skirt lengths are all over the map so I can wear knee, mid-calf, or long, wherever it happens to hit!

And on the other end... I'm 5'8" and have recently lost 20 pounds, putting me in size 8-10. I'm thrilled until I try on pants and nothing is long enough. That's when I'm jealous of the shorter ladies because you can hem, but rarely can you lengthen. Often the rise is too short, even if the length is okay. I buy "talks" when I can but its sure hard to find them at a good price!

I'm just glad that dress and skirt lengths are all over the map so I can wear knee, mid-calf, or long, wherever it happens to hit!

And again iPad auto correct gets me. I buy talls not talks!

That makes more sense. :D I am 5'11", so I completely understand how challenging finding long pants can be. Years ago my seamstress told me if I could find pants with cuffs that fit everywhere except for the length, then she could let the cuffs out to make them perfect. I have done this many times over the years.

Lisa

Sometimes it is just better to turn that auto correct off. Those devices many be pretty darned smart but they don't always know what we want to say.

The other day I downloaded an iphone app that translates orally from English into 433,256,322 other languages, even down to several regional accents. I was so excited that I could travel all over the world and order in restaurants or ask for directions. I instructed a friend who knows Hindi to speak into my phone and watched her face as it translated. Her mouth dropped open. I looked at my phone to see that the English translatiion (apparently the phone had problems with her British/Indian accent - it was set to translate from American English) was YOU SUCK!)

I will still use this app, but I will always check first to see that it understood my English words. I don't want to end up in a Turkish prison for saying the wrong thing. :D

That makes more sense. :D I am 5'11", so I completely understand how challenging finding long pants can be. Years ago my seamstress told me if I could find pants with cuffs that fit everywhere except for the length, then she could let the cuffs out to make them perfect. I have done this many times over the years.

Lisa

I used to be 5'9" but between a compression fracture from an auto accident, and some "settling" with age, I've lost an inch and I want it back! :rolleyes:

I've learned the hard way when buying pants that there is a difference between longs and talls. Usually long means its the exact same fit with longer inseam. Tall means that both the rise and the inseam are longer. A sometimes painful difference, if you know what I mean.

I have a simply gorgeous pair of size 8 Kenneth Cole Reaction trouser jeans. They are long, wide (ish) leg dark wash. I've lost all the weight I want to and they just barely fit. One trip to the buffet and they'd be too tight. I have no idea what possessed me to buy them other than blind hope and a great sale price at Ross. Not a cruise dress bu anyone out there want them?

Magandab @ aol.com

My other autocorrect goof yesterday was when I was discussing the onboard laundry service and mentioned that I didn't have a problem hand washing a few dainties. Unfortunately it "corrected" dainties to shanties. :eek:

LOL. I leave on the "Sent from my iphone", or "Sent from my Playbook" so that people will understand when they see bizarre mis-spellings or malapropisms. :D

DH learned very quickly when he purchased his first smartphone that he should not rely on speech to text messages for business purposes. We have had some very good laughs over phone messages converted to text.

Being of a shorter stature (aka Vertically challenged), I have the opposite problem. The rise and length of pants are usually way too long. I have pulled up elastic waist pants well up over my bosom and walked around like Steve Urkel. :D:D

I love it when I can find a petite length store. I have hemmed many a pant leg in my life.

Steve%2BUrkel.jpg

I have a simply gorgeous pair of size 8 Kenneth Cole Reaction trouser jeans. They are long, wide (ish) leg dark wash. I've lost all the weight I want to and they just barely fit. One trip to the buffet and they'd be too tight. I have no idea what possessed me to buy them other than blind hope and a great sale price at Ross. Not a cruise dress bu anyone out there want them?

Magandab @ aol.com

Amy: I'll take them! You know I love your style!!:D I just bought new boots at Ross yesterday and I bet they'd look great with your pants! I love any wide leg pant. You already have my email address.

Donna

Amy: I'll take them! You know I love your style!!:D I just bought new boots at Ross yesterday and I bet they'd look great with your pants! I love any wide leg pant. You already have my email address.

Donna

They are yours. As soon as I get back to the office I'll ship them. Been out for a week with what they are telling me are tension headaches. Really? For over a week? :)

Giggle... so how much did you pay for "talks?".. Didn't know you can buy them. Can you sell them . GOD I hope so. I have next cruise paid for within a week. :rolleyes:

Just Kidding... had to give you a hard time. You really made my day !

Thank you !

Molly

They are yours. As soon as I get back to the office I'll ship them. Been out for a week with what they are telling me are tension headaches. Really? For over a week? :)

Thanks Amy, I hope you are feeling better:) I look forward to getting my package!

Donna