recycling clothing among cc members

Hi Ladies,

This will just be so much easier then sending out a lot of Emails....

I shipped out today to all who requested a dress or dresses from me by Email... LOL, nine packages!! I would guess you all know who you are!!

All went ground so could be a week or so before they arrive depending out what state you are in.. Later I will Email you all the postage cost.

Hoping they all fit!

Thank You so much for what you have done for all of us. I will let you know as soon as my package comes in. Thank you again.

All went ground so could be a week or so before they arrive depending out what state you are in.. Later I will Email you all the postage cost.

It can take two weeks to get to me, so don't panic if you don't hear from me in seven days. I think Customs just likes to tease us! :D

Hoping they all fit!

If it doesn't now, it will before my cruise! I swear! <shakes her little pudgy fist to the sky>

Snowpup (love that name)....

In our neck of the woods we are getting pretty slammed with snow this week-end!! Anyway I dont think any of the ladies who took my dresses have cruised yet but I can't tell you how much I would love to see pictures of them in my dresses... Would make this project I took on so worthwhile... Everytime I put a shipment together I get so excited to think that someone will be wearing my "stuff"!!

Anyway,

Ladies as I was putting together packages for this week I think I missed one. I think someone might of asked me for the black chiffon dress that is in the bottom row on page one of the 12-14 albulm... If anyone asked for this one can you Email me again... I have received so many Emails on this thread that it is easy for me to miss one.

I am a CPA, with my practice in taxation so right now I am super busy.... Many of the dresses I posted are gone but if someone asks me by Email about a dress I usually will shoot them a picture of something close to it that I have that I did not post in my picture albulm. Right now I just dont have time to put more pictures up but if you EMail me I can see if I have something that will work... In a month from now when my tax season winds down I will put a new group up.

LOL, the gal at my local post office knows me because I am always sending out certified tax documents.... Last week with all the packages she wanted to know if I am no longer a CPA and started a new business!!

Smooth dancer

I was browsing the link you sent me (with the gold low back dress..thank you so much in advance) and your wonderful cruise on the Queen Mary. All of your gowns are beautiful, simply tasteful and classical but also with a modern twist at the same time. I love your taste. Please let us into your shopping secrets. What are your favorite stores for evening dresses? I never seem to find anything like these when I look for evening wear. i find the dresses are either too over the top or the opposite and are very old and dowdy.

Lets see. I think my favorite store for full length is Nordstroms and next would be Lord and Taylor. Nordstroms can be expenseive so I have to really like the gown and wear it more than once. I like that Nordstrom has their gowns displayed by designer so if you like a particular desginer it is easy to shop for. I think the key for me is I am shopping all the time for formal, not just when getting ready for a cruise or any event. Everytime I am in mall the first place I head for is the formal departments!! By constanly looking and not under any timeline I can usually find things in my budget. The 2 best times to shop are during prom season while the best time of year for bargins is right after new years. I also live in a state that has tons of malls and premium outlets.

Unlike many ladies I dont like to shop online for formalwear. I like to feel the fabric and examine how the gown is made and falls in person. I try on a lot, look at the cut of the hem for possible alterations. I also dont limit myself to looking at a gown and saying that is not my taste... I try all things on before I make any opinions. The black pouffy one in that link is a perfect example. That dress is so not my style but once on I knew that would be fun to wear, and it was! We are driving distance to the Queen Mary so packing was not a problem.

But keep in mind that we do attend many formal occasions so it makes sense to buy things when I have nowhere to wear it! Sooner or later I will have a use for it. It does happen that after I buy something my taste will change and why so many of the items you ladies got still had tags on them! But most of these I found off season and did not cost a great deal. If you got one without a tag chances are I wore it and was a better quailty gown.

Hi Ladies,

I shipped out today to all who requested a dress or dresses from me by Email... LOL, nine packages!! I would guess you all know who you are!!

Hoping they all fit!

Thanks so much!! Look forward to receiving the dress and will post pictures after my cruise (not until May).

Lets see. I think my favorite store for full length is Nordstroms and next would be Lord and Taylor. Nordstroms can be expenseive so I have to really like the gown and wear it more than once. I like that Nordstrom has their gowns displayed by designer so if you like a particular desginer it is easy to shop for. I think the key for me is I am shopping all the time for formal, not just when getting ready for a cruise or any event. Everytime I am in mall the first place I head for is the formal departments!! By constanly looking and not under any timeline I can usually find things in my budget. The 2 best times to shop are during prom season while the best time of year for bargins is right after new years. I also live in a state that has tons of malls and premium outlets.

Unlike many ladies I dont like to shop online for formalwear. I like to feel the fabric and examine how the gown is made and falls in person. I try on a lot, look at the cut of the hem for possible alterations. I also dont limit myself to looking at a gown and saying that is not my taste... I try all things on before I make any opinions. The black pouffy one in that link is a perfect example. That dress is so not my style but once on I knew that would be fun to wear, and it was! We are driving distance to the Queen Mary so packing was not a problem.

But keep in mind that we do attend many formal occasions so it makes sense to buy things when I have nowhere to wear it! Sooner or later I will have a use for it. It does happen that after I buy something my taste will change and why so many of the items you ladies got still had tags on them! But most of these I found off season and did not cost a great deal. If you got one without a tag chances are I wore it and was a better quailty gown.

Havent received the dress yet, but was wondering when you would be sending me an e-mail with the amount I owe you for shipping. I just want to make sure that I get it to you in a timely manner.

Texas…

It is hard for me to connect Cruise Critic sign in name and the Email names!! Can you tell me your first name so I can figure out what was sent to you?.

OMG, so many packages this week it would have been easy of me to miss a postage Email…. But I really appreciate you asking.. Between the packaging and postage it does cost me quite a bit before I get checks from you all.

Texas…

It is hard for me to connect Cruise Critic sign in name and the Email names!! Can you tell me your first name so I can figure out what was sent to you?.

OMG, so many packages this week it would have been easy of me to miss a postage Email…. But I really appreciate you asking.. Between the packaging and postage it does cost me quite a bit before I get checks from you all.

Of course. My name is Shannon, I live in Arizona.

Hi Ladies,

Hoping they all fit!

All - I had requested the Black/Gold shimmer dress in size 8 from Smoothdancer. It arrived today, but unfortunately, it's not the dress for me. If anyone else is interested, please let me know and I'll send to you following the same process Smoothdancer has set up.

My email address is tazdawg@bellsouth.net.

Sorry, did not see the Email.

At this point with the exception of the maxi with flowers all the 12-14's are now gone.

I have made this notation on the photo albulm. Maybe someone esle here can help you!

Thanks, I'll leave the maxi for someone else, as I was mainly searching for more formal attire. All your dresses are beautiful!

Thank you!

I am deep into tax season right now but give me a few days and let me look and see if I have something in the 12-14 group that is formal... Thinking...I know I have a black and charcoal flowing chiffon cocktail length formal that is really quite nice in that size. LOL, just what closet is it in???

Funny story, actually. About 5 years ago we built a new house. The master bedroom plan had a sitting room off to the side and I wanted to make that into a walk in closet. The guy that designed the closet argued with me because I wanted each wall to only have only one bar to hang the clothes and he said we should put two bars on each wall, each half way down the wall ... I knew what I needed for all the full length gowns.... Well moving day came and he was here and watched the procession of gowns coming out of our cars... Actually all my new neighbors stood outside to watch... So the closet guy fell all over himself telling me how sorry he was but he had never in all his years of building custom closets seen anyone with that many full length gowns!! I love this closet!

BTW ALL, the black gold shimmer dress is going back out to another girl.

Thank you!

I am deep into tax season right now but give me a few days and let me look and see if I have something in the 12-14 group that is formal... Thinking...I know I have a black and charcoal flowing chiffon cocktail length formal that is really quite nice in that size. LOL, just what closet is it in???

Funny story, actually. About 5 years ago we built a new house. The master bedroom plan had a sitting room off to the side and I wanted to make that into a walk in closet. The guy that designed the closet argued with me because I wanted each wall to only have only one bar to hang the clothes and he said we should put two bars on each wall, each half way down the wall ... I knew what I needed for all the full length gowns.... Well moving day came and he was here and watched the procession of gowns coming out of our cars... Actually all my new neighbors stood outside to watch... So the closet guy fell all over himself telling me how sorry he was but he had never in all his years of building custom closets seen anyone with that many full length gowns!! I love this closet!

BTW ALL, the black gold shimmer dress is going back out to another girl.

Thanks! I understand regarding tax season, as I have a niece who is an accountant. Our cruise is five weeks away, so no huge rush! I just thought if you had one or both of those dresses available, I'd love to try them. The black and charcoal sounds very nice, too. So, whenever you get a free time, I would appreciate it.

Great moving day story! Men (closet man) should learn to listen! LOL My walkin closet only has one wall of the two bars, which is ok. I like hanging my pants without folding them, so I need the length for them, dresses and skirts.

To small/ did I get the size wrong or just dont like?

Would be great if you can post that so the next person understands.

Wow, you got that fast!

The dress is beautiful - but it is a very small size 8. I normally wear size 6 and the dress just wasn't flattering for me. You definitely need Spanx for this one! ;) Great dress for the right figure!

The dress is beautiful - but it is a very small size 8. I normally wear size 6 and the dress just wasn't flattering for me. You definitely need Spanx for this one! ;) Great dress for the right figure!

I will be shipping to the lucky person within the next day or so. Hopefully, it will work for them!

Way to small. Im so disapppointed. I was hoping to look like Jessica Rabbit but to my dismay I looked more like Loretta Lockhorn. Dont get me wrong. The dress is BEAUTIFUL, its the body that it was on that had ithe issues. If anyone is interested in the red dress from Smoothdancersi video (size 12, but a small 12, may fit an 8 or 10 better) just let me know.

I do want to thank Smoothdancer for everything she is doing. You are a very thoughtful lady.

Way to small. Im so disapppointed. I was hoping to look like Jessica Rabbit but to my dismay I looked more like Loretta Lockhorn. Dont get me wrong. The dress is BEAUTIFUL, its the body that it was on that had ithe issues. If anyone is interested in the red dress from Smoothdancersi video (size 12, but a small 12, may fit an 8 or 10 better) just let me know.

I do want to thank Smoothdancer for everything she is doing. You are a very thoughtful lady.

I'm very interested in the red dress. Please email me at moiram@shaw.ca

Thanks so much.

Cheers Moira

Smoothdancer--Just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget about you! I mailed your check out this afternoon. Things have been crazy around here. My husband (only 45 yrs old) has been having some heart problems all of the sudden. I have had him at the ER a few times and to several Drs over the last couple of weeks. I'm sorry that I didn't get it out to you sooner, I have just been a nervous wreck.

Again, I apologize and I thank you so much for sending the dress to me!