Princess gave me credit for an extra cruise. Do you think they'll take it back?

hightownCO

Went to sign in to My Princess this morning and my id didn't work. So registered again. Got on to My Princess and everything looked fine. Cruise #5 coming up. Then I noticed they show me as Platinium!

I'm not going to volunteer that they are wrong. With my first Mediterranean/12 night cruise coming up, it would be nice to get the internet package.

Do you think they will find their error? Has this happened to anyone else?

Funny you should mention this. I just checked and found that they have me listed as 4 cruises in my life rather than my 2 actual cruises (I'm such a newbie!! :) )

Something must have happened when I added my DH to this upcoming cruise. I'm actually planning on calling them and letting them know. Though a sudden jump to Platinum after my cruise would be nice, I'd know that it's not true and be concerned they'd figure it out after awhile.

But that's just me. :)

This happened to us a couple years ago - we learned that they counted a cruise on Cunard toward our cruise credits.

I am not sure what determines if they count a cruise on another line - I am assuming it is a family line (ie Carnival Corp.)

It was a nice surprise.

Just checked mine and guess what...!!!?

Its still the same...:o ... drat. And if there was a cross Carnival credit for other Carnival lines I didn't get it.

Some possible reasons for change: 1. new policy about singles cruising getting credit for two cruises due to cabin cost. 2. promotional stuff, mentioned in other postings a couple of months ago, where people close to the next level were given a perk of being treated as platinum before their 5th cruise.

Went to sign in to My Princess this morning and my id didn't work. So registered again. Got on to My Princess and everything looked fine. Cruise #5 coming up. Then I noticed they show me as Platinium!

I'm not going to volunteer that they are wrong. With my first Mediterranean/12 night cruise coming up, it would be nice to get the internet package.

I don't know the itineraries of your previous cruises, but might you have sailed 50 days on those 4 and earned platinum that way?

I have one, as well. It came after I got a letter from the Captain of the Sea Princess thanking me for my recent cruise to [someplace I've forgotten because I did not go] and hoping I'd enjoyed my trip. It's never fallen off and it's been at least two years.

I've had one extra cruise listed for several years now and they give my mom credit for taking eight cruises that she did not take. Those eight cruises were all listed in the year that my dad was sick and dying of cancer, so needless to say, she wasn't travelling anywhere during that time.

My opinion? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! But that's just me. Take it and run!

My husband has one more cruise than I even though we have traveled on the same number of trips. (Maybe that trip back home to see his folks was really a cruise!!!) :cool:

We think it was because we were on the Star "Fire Cruise" and he wrote a letter to Princess about how wonderful the staff was but how bad Corporate was of getting us home! (in a constructive manner). After that he suddenly had another cruise under his belt. He became Platinum a cruise before me and used all the perks associated with it. It has never been adjusted down.

So we're psyched that he'll be Elite one cruise ealier too. No more doing laundry ourselves!!!

When we first sailed Princess , my daughter and I, my sister (same last name) sailed as a single. So it may have something to do with her -- like maybe they have me her extra credit for the single supplement.

Kind of hoped there was some special promo going on.

Problem is however, my already booked cruise #5 still shows me as gold. So, I'd have to call Captains circle to get them to change it and have the benefits for this cruise. But then they would probably find their mistake!

Maybe I'll just do nothing and print the form out to take to the Captains Circle Host when I'm actually on board.

Appreciate your responses!

Problem is however, my already booked cruise #5 still shows me as gold. So, I'd have to call Captains circle to get them to change it and have the benefits for this cruise. But then they would probably find their mistake!

Maybe I'll just do nothing and print the form out to take to the Captains Circle Host when I'm actually on board.

Appreciate your responses!

You are still Gold on cruise #5. You will earn Platinum status after you complete cruise #5 and sail as a platinum on cruise #6. You will receive your Platinum card and package at the end of cruise #5.

We are Platinum but when we arrived home from our January cruise this year we were listed as Elite. Lasted only for one week I'm afraid - and suddenly we are back to Platinum.:eek:

Good luck anyway and enjoy your cruise!:)

Glenda

Thanks all.

I don't really have anything to lose so by first of November, if I still show as Plat., I'll call Captains Circle and ask if they can sync up my personalizer so it will show the Platinium instead of Gold. If they say they made a mistake, that's fine. If they go along with it, then will enjoy the priority boarding and internet package!

Arriving in Tahiti for my third Princess Cruise, I was confused to see that I was Platinum, showing I had about 12 Princess cruises. I, too, was perplexed, wondering what they were counting. When I was invited to the captain's luncheon for most-traveled passengers, I had to decline, out of fear he'd ask me where all around the world I'd sailed with Princess. I would have had to reply, "The cruise on the Princess Rotterdam to Alaska was lovely," and, "I particularly enjoyed the Princess Norwegian Sky cruise out of Hong Kong."

Archived