Wine Packages and good lists on Princess?

Solstice23

We will be sailing this coming August on the Caribbean Princess, We enjoy our wine packages on RCCL and really like the extensive wine lists on Celebrity, what is the wine selection like on Princess and do they have a package?

Thanks

Opus 1 is cheaper on the ship then it is in Canada:mad:

We found the wine list on Princess to be a good varied list , the mark up is not as high as we normally see (especially for more higher end wines)

We bought a three package of wines around the world and The Mondavi Napa Reserve 01 we got with the package sells for $125 at the winery and select stores we paid $159 for the whole package.

Opus 1 is cheaper on the ship then it is in Canada:mad:

We found the wine list on Princess to be a good varied list , the mark up is not as high as we normally see (especially for more higher end wines)

We bought a three package of wines around the world and The Mondavi Napa Reserve 01 we got with the package sells for $125 at the winery and select stores we paid $159 for the whole package.

When we first started cruising RCL, you could buy Opus One by the glass, you still might actually. That was a nice treat.

When we first started cruising RCL, you could buy Opus One by the glass, you still might actually. That was a nice treat.

That would be soo nice !!I like Opus One and my husband, the wine snob, thinks it is over-rated.......:eek:

Isn't it crazy being on a cruise and seeing wines in the dining rooms that we pay the same price or slightly more/less for, in BC liquor stores??

That would be soo nice !!I like Opus One and my husband, the wine snob, thinks it is over-rated.......:eek:

Isn't it crazy being on a cruise and seeing wines in the dining rooms that we pay the same price or slightly more/less for, in BC liquor stores??

Our liquor store prices are nuts!! Grey Goose on HAL last week was around $25 for a litre, it's $50.99 her for a 750 ml. Makes me weep ;)

Opus used to be my favourite wine and we'd toured the winery a couple of times, I still have my Opus One Crystal Bung ;) But haven't had it in years as the prices have gone through the roof. If I remember correctly Opus was $25 a glass on Royal Caribbean.

We will be sailing this coming August on the Caribbean Princess, We enjoy our wine packages on RCCL and really like the extensive wine lists on Celebrity, what is the wine selection like on Princess and do they have a package?

Thanks

If the CB has a Vines, the sommelier there should have some nice wines that aren't on the regular dining room wine list. These are available by the glass or the bottle and you can bring them into the dining rooms without paying a corkage fee...

Our liquor store prices are nuts!! Grey Goose on HAL last week was around $25 for a litre, it's $50.99 her for a 750 ml. Makes me weep ;)

Opus used to be my favourite wine and we'd toured the winery a couple of times, I still have my Opus One Crystal Bung ;) But haven't had it in years as the prices have gone through the roof. If I remember correctly Opus was $25 a glass on Royal Caribbean.

Last time I was at a Fairmont (last month) they charged $14 for a glass of Mission Hill Five Sails so that Opus One at $25 a glass is a bargin :)

We had friend from California actualy take pictures of the prices at a BC Liquor store because their friends at home would not have believed how high they were

We just got back from Mexico......The liter bottle of Tequila (Cazadores YUM) I bought for 180 pesos sells up here for $40 for 750 ml.....sigh...:(

Look at these prices and weep

http://www.bevmo.com/

On Princess we have fund that the chef's suggestions are usually very good. We tend to show a little prudance in purchasing wine on board, but have found the Benziger Merlot ($34) and Ruffino Chianti Reserva ($32) to be an excellent values.

You can also opt to pay the $15 corkage on any wine you wish to bring on board as we did with a Flora Springs Trilogy. (A much better deal than $190 as posted on the wine list)

A Clarification. On Princess Corkage is only charged if you take your own bottle to dining room. No corkage for drinking your own wine in your cabib.

You can also opt to pay the $15 corkage on any wine you wish to bring on board as we did with a Flora Springs Trilogy. (A much better deal than $190 as posted on the wine list)

Can you pre order wine before sailing?

FC

Yes, there is an order form on the Princess website for pre-ordering special occasion packages and/or wine, liquor, beer. The form does NOT have all the wines that are avilable on the ships.

The instructions say to fax the form to Princess, but you MIGHT be able to call the info in to a regular Princess CSR if you have the correct item numbers/codes from the form.

We are planning to bring wine on board, which we've not done before. Can we arrange to have the wine sent to the dining room ahead of time, or do we just bring it with us to dinner? We have traditional dining.

Since you are traditional dining it is easier. We usually take the bottle with us and if our Asst. Waiter or Waiter is there, we just hand it over. If they are at the other table we just place it on our table and the waiter / asst. waiter will pick it up. You could take 2 bottles and ask them to save one unopened for the next day. Leftover wines in the opened bottle will be saved for next evening.

Corkage: On the first evening that you take a bottle, the waiter will come over and discreetly tell you about the corkage charge. And either at the beginning of the dinner or sometimes at the end, the waiter will ask you for your cabin card and get you to sign the corkage slip. We have never got nor asked for a copy of the corkage slip or even the wine charge slip when we have wine in the dining room.

We are planning to bring wine on board, which we've not done before. Can we arrange to have the wine sent to the dining room ahead of time, or do we just bring it with us to dinner? We have traditional dining.

Archived