Gas at almost $62

geovet

Wasn't the cutoff for a fuel charge 5 days prior to your cruise? If so and you cruise on Monday you won't have a fuel surcharge because oil hasn't gone above $70.

Wishing you NO fuel surcharge and Happy Cruising!:)

Wasn't the cutoff for a fuel charge 5 days prior to your cruise? If so and you cruise on Monday you won't have a fuel surcharge because oil hasn't gone above $70.

I think they can add the Fuel Surcharge at anytime once Oil goes beyond $70/barrel. That means right up to whenever they want to.

They will do what they feel like doing.

The irony of all this . . . we have learned NOTHING from it.

When the economy improves and the DEMAND goes right back up, we'll be in the same fix we were before, with the same people preventing us from taking the 100s of billions of barrels of oil we possess out of the earth.

The beat goes on . . . those who learn nothing from history are doomed to repeat it. :(

I'd never let an additional 63.00 per person put an end to my cruise experience.

Then you're either better off than many, or paying for fewer people to go. For my family of 6, that works out to almost $400 extra. That's not chump change.

The irony of all this . . . we have learned NOTHING from it.

When the economy improves and the DEMAND goes right back up, we'll be in the same fix we were before, with the same people preventing us from taking the 100s of billions of barrels of oil we possess out of the earth.

The beat goes on . . . those who learn nothing from history are doomed to repeat it. :(

LOL - are these the same historical dunces who never figured out in the 70's and 80's that producing and driving gas guzzlers eventually would prove unsustainable because of the inherent problems of supply and demand for a product that is finite?

Or how about those who realise that however much you pump out of the ground, if you limit the means of processing and converting oil into gasoline you will end up with a totally artificial market.

I think the oil is up due to Memorial Day weekend around the corner.

At least that's what I hope. Demand is still down.

And let's try to keep it that way.

It's the only weapon we consumers have. ;)

The Oil Trader jocks in the pit at COMEX

can hardly wait to zoom the price of Crude right back up again..a.s.a.p.!

Those boys work on commissions I'm pretty sure..:cool:

If they do charge the extra for the oil and then it drops back down after you pay it do they then give a credit of some sort? Or how would that work then?

I think we are waiting on new details, but hoping they dont come anytime soon. I have a record number of cruises booked this year I sure dont want to get hit paying for fuel on 5 cruises that cant be cancelled without penalty and the fuel add on would sure add up.

Oil is back down this morning to the $60ish range, down over $1. I know I turned it on early to check. RCL so far hit me the worst, they charged $10 a day. boo hiss.

Don't I remember that the oil companies reduced their production which started the rise of oil? Just curious.

I thought it was the oil rig workers were threatening to strike that caused the price of oil to start going up or rumors of a strike.

I just read an article in the Columbus Dispatch that gas ussage was at ten year low, surplus of oil was at a twenty year high. It is speculators that are driving up the price and belive it or not those speculators are banks using bailout money to buy up commodities for their employees 401ks:eek::eek:

Archived