Your shortest time between booking and sailing?

TahoeBob

I am interested in hearing about some of the shortest times between when one decided to take a cruise and booked it, then how many days to you sailed?

On Thursday May 7 about 10:00 A.M. I received a email from carnival about the blowout prices on the Paradise for the 4 day that sailed on May 11. First thing was to beg the boss for the week off, when she said yes I had the cruise booked by 11:15. Phoned the wife and told her we were going on a cruise, drove to LA on Sunday and on a cruise on Monday!

shortest time ever for me planning a vacation!

I am interested in hearing about some of the shortest times between when one decided to take a cruise and booked it, then how many days to you sailed?

On Thursday May 7 about 10:00 A.M. I received a email from carnival about the blowout prices on the Paradise for the 4 day that sailed on May 11. First thing was to beg the boss for the week off, when she said yes I had the cruise booked by 11:15. Phoned the wife and told her we were going on a cruise, drove to LA on Sunday and on a cruise on Monday!

shortest time ever for me planning a vacation!

I booked on May 1 for the May 3 Splendor...couldn't resist the pricing! And, since I am self-employed, it was easy to talk the boss into it!

We usually book a month or two out, though with the ES rates, it was the first time I'd ever booked as far out as we did (Feb 09 for Sept and Nov 09). The closest I've ever booked was a couple weeks ago, booked the 4th of May and sailed on the 9th.

Booked last year Thursday during the day for Voyager leaving Sunday.

This year booked Thursday night for leaving Sunday May 3 sailing on Conquest. If I had waited any longer I wouldnt have been able to get stockholder's credit on both and it would have cost me an extra $100 OBC I got since I dont think those offices are open over the weekend.

So, I cut it closer by about 1/2 a day this time. Last time was because my Dad had been in the hospital for a operation and I couldnt book until he got out. This time was because of the price.

Was sitting at the Cardinals game on May 4th and joked with my brother-in-law about going on a cruise on May 9th. He booked his family on the way home from the game. I had to ask my boss the next morning, so I didn't get to book my family until May 5th.

And with the swine flu specials and military friends and family sale going on, we got an amazing deal. 11 people, three cabins, under $2,000.

Considering most of my cruises are booked more than a year in advance, I did book a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Spirit last November only two weeks before the cruise. Got such a good deal for a (solo) balcony that I couldn't pass it up.

And where do you find these great prices to go on short notice?

I got a great price because of cancellations due to the flu a few weeks ago. If you could have boarded splendor you could have picked any balcony for $299, even a 9A was open, insides were $199. I didnt get on that cheap, but still a great price on Conquest which only missed the one port, did the rest of the cruise as usual. Got a great cabin, which obviously someone gave up last minute.

If there is a hurricane, prices will drop too because of cancellations. So far, I only got on the wrong end of that though.

Archived