Balcony dividers on the CB: can they be opened?

DonnaK

We have three balcony cabins in a row on the Riveira deck in the 600's. Can the dividers between the cabins be opened?
There's a door in the partition that can be opened by your cabin steward upon request. It allows you to move from one balcony to another but it's not like opening up the balconies to make a large one.

ConnectingDoor.jpg.6ee74692cf2ea69bf313ae0482b0d468.jpg

There's a door in the partition that can be opened by your cabin steward upon request. It allows you to move from one balcony to another but it's not like opening it up to make one large balcony.

Thank you! That'll work out just fine for us!

As long as the cabin numbers don't change IE 600-700.

When they make that jump there is a fire door in the passageway and there are no balcony doors.

Good to know. Ours are all in the 600's, however we do have the last cabin before it jumps to 700. (R629, 631 and 633) So these should be ok, right?

Good to know. Ours are all in the 600's, however we do have the last cabin before it jumps to 700. (R629, 631 and 633) So these should be ok, right?

Yes that would be OK, look when you board you will see outside your cabin door the large fire door nearby that is recessed into the wall. ;)

And don't forget to pack some bungee cords or zip ties to keep the doors open! You can latch the door to the balcony rail. I remember reading many posts about people stating to pack these for their balcony doors and did not understand why they would need them. We ended up backing a chair up to the door, that is, until my husband brought on board his first souvenier rock for his rock garden!

Is this the only way you can keep them open?

We have the same set up on Crown aft balconies, three in a row with our friends.

I though maybe they would clip back.

I have some bungee cords anyway.

We have the same set up on Crown aft balconies, three in a row with our friends.

We've noticed that some Grand Class ships we've been on have a hook-and-eye set up to keep the door open, but not all. I'm straining the memory here, but I'm sort of thinking it may have been the Ruby I recall noticing that on. We were on the Caribbean with a large family group last June and had our balcony doors open between cabins, but I honestly can't recall (likely due to too many martinis on said balconies :D ) whether that ship had the hook or not. I'm pretty sure we packed bungee cords (on the recommendation of CC'ers here) for that trip just to be safe. It's always good to be prepared, and bungee cords don't take up much space in the suitcase. ;)

we were on the Crown on the Aloha deck with 5 cabins in a row.....they had the hook & eye to keep them open. Not sure about the Aft cabins tho.

Never brought a cord of any kind, they always lock back somehow. :)

I've had quite a few balcony cabins and had the door opened... and never had a problem with it opening or swinging nor did I ever need anything to hold it open. The door has always been secured with a secure hook-and-eye.

My friends and I shared two balcony cabins beside each other.

Our steward gladly unlocked the partition.

Wish I read this thread before the cruise and took the advice of

the bungee cords. We had to prop the door open by sticking our

balcony table between it. The door often knocked against it during

sailing.

Next year we will be better prepared.

Archived