Sunset Veranda - Deck 6 or 7?

DebsUK

DH and I are booked on the 24 night Singapore to Athens in April 2010 (first time with Azamara). Presently booked in a 2A but considering aa aft sunset veranda. Have read several threads about them but not many compare the decks for size of balcony (how much bigger is the one on deck 6 compared to deck 7) and thoughts on vibration and noise. Many thanks for any advice.

Deb.

The balcony on deck six is larger but can be viewed from above so not much advantage. We think the 7th deck is the best as far as space, large balcony, and less vibration.

You won't be sorry to have booked either 6 or 7. The views are stupendous.:)

Many Thanks. We are presently in a very forward, starboard 2A. Also unsure if this cabin will be windy. We have a lot of sea days and I like to sit out a lot. Can you comment if the side balconies near the front get a lot of wind when the ship is moving?

Oh I give up! I have swapped so many times from 6090 to 7121, based on comments here, I am getting dizzy.:)

I am gonna stick with 7121 and that is it!

Hi Little britain !

You made a very good choice. No need to worry :) Enjoy your Cruise !

Little Britain, I was also having trouble deciding but the choice was made for me when I checked today and found out that only #6093 was available between deck 6 and 7, so I switched from the 2A. Decision made! Really excited to have the aft. I think just being on the cruise will be awesome and I'm sure any of the aft will be great.

Benita, I think we will love it as well. It confirms my choice when I read how many people consistantly rebook these cabins. Really glad now that I booked it. All we have to do now is wait!

We are booked in 7119 for our Med Cruise in July. Originally booked a 1A, but upgraded when the priced dropped dramatically in March. So happy to read everyone's comments on SVs. Really looking forward to the whole experience!:D

• 2 weeks later...
There is lots of noise and vibration at the back of the ship on any deck...even on deck 10. Go forward where it is quieter.

Honestly experienced no vibratio or noise promlems on deck 8. No staterooms on dck 9 or 10 on Quest or Journey.

Sue

Archived