CB - Cabin R604 or C708???

Travelingsisters

This will be my first cruise on Princess. I am looking at a July sailing out of NY. I know it's late and the cabin selection is slim, but out of the two cabins R604 and C708, which would you prefer?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll be back here with other questions, once I made my reservations.

This will be my first cruise on Princess. I am looking at a July sailing out of NY. I know it's late and the cabin selection is slim, but out of the two cabins R604 and C708, which would you prefer?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll be back here with other questions, once I made my reservations.

Generally the balcony cabins on the caribe deck are larger -- half covered and half not covered. That really matters to me. Good luck!

No negatives on any of these cabins it depends on what you like. AE mini's on dolphin deck have uncovered balconies. This means decks above can see you. Many people like the open balconies. Size of the balcony is a tad smaller than Caribe deck regular balcony cabins.

Mini cabins are larger than regular balcony cabins with a sitting area and bathtubs. It boils down to whether you like a larger cabin with uncovered balcony or regular balcony cabin on Caride deck which has a larger balcony, half covered.

The Caribe deck balconies are extended, half covered and half exposed. Many people love this, but we do not. We like total shade, and more privacy - I don't want the people on the upper decks to look down on me. As well, we like to be able to see directly into the sea from inside the cabin - the view from inside these cabins are the balcony and then the sea in the distance.

We love the Riviera deck - well shaded balconies and very easy access to the Lido deck where the pools and buffet are. As well, the end of the Riviera deck passageways open up onto the Terrace pool.

We enjoyed this location so much last year that we booked it again for this July!

Traveled with a dophin deck suite on a two week transatlantic through the British Isles and appreciated the larger suite on the longer booking. But personally, I did not like the Dolphin deck balconies. There is no shelter from the sun and everyone on ship above you can see you. This may be less of a problem than trying to avoid the sun.

Have also booked 3 cruises with Caribe deck balcony rooms and they are my favorite. If it gets too sunny, just move on back. Lots of privacy. In my mind, the Caribe deck balconies are more than a tad bigger than dophin (but my brain edits this). I will always book a Caribe deck room because I spend a lot of time outside. :o

The AE minis on Dolphin on the CB are those non-converting twins with the roll-in shower. Many people don't mind them (you actually can slide the beds together but it makes for harder access to the sitting area) while others cannot abide the sloshing water of that type of bathroom, but you need to be forewarned of the cabin layout. So to me it would depend; would you be getting an actual AE, or the AE rate and a higher grade?

The Caribe balcony is larger than the usual mini-suite but the AE has the extended wrap and a mini has the sitting area. Which is more important to you?

Of the three, my personal choice would be C708. Friends had that cabin on the Grand and loved it. No noise from the lobby, easy access to elevators and stairs, less sway motion than R deck, and they loved the larger balcony.

I think I'm lgoing to go with C708. Since we'll be in the caribbean in July, I think we'll need some shade and we love to have our morning coffee on the balcony.

Since this is my first Princess cruise, I'll do my searches but will probably be back with more questions.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Archived