Prepay tips

I have friend goiing on an RCCL cruise 5/28. He was wondering if he can prepay tips before the cruise. I am not familiar with RCCL so I told him I would ask.

Thanks in advance.:)

Yes, no problem at all prepaying. He can call the customer service number and they will take the credit card info or he may be able to do it on line. If he used a travel agent he will have to go through them.

Thanks Temple1. He was worried abour having to carry cash on board. I tried to get him to join CC but I think it was too high tech for him:rolleyes:.

I will let him know.

Thanks Temple1. He was worried abour having to carry cash on board. I tried to get him to join CC but I think it was too high tech for him:rolleyes:.

I will let him know.

No need for cash except purchases like souvenirs or private tours on ports. You can take TC's and cash them on ship as needed. *Everything* on ship can be charged to your set sail pass except baby-sitting which is cash only. Anyone know of anything else that *has* to be paid in cash?

No need for cash except purchases like souvenirs or private tours on ports. You can take TC's and cash them on ship as needed. *Everything* on ship can be charged to your set sail pass except baby-sitting which is cash only. Anyone know of anything else that *has* to be paid in cash?

No kids so the babysitting is taken care of!:) I think he was more worried about cash for tipping. It is so much easier to pay in advance!

Thanks.

He will need some cash for tips to porters, room service (if he uses it), and misc. purchases on land, if he makes any! He should bring some cash! Little things, like a bottle of water, or a cheap t-shirt in a port, you may just want to pay cash for!

I will let him know.

Just so it's clear, he can pre-pay his tips using a credit card.

Or, he can pay his tips on board using the SetSail Card (and thus credit card.)

No need for cash either way.

I'm just wondering...

Earlier this year my son and his girlfriend cruised on Independence. They pre-paid tips. They felt that service was not up to par. I wonder if wait staff figures we're paid already....so...it's not like they have to please. What do you think? They must know I would think.

Opinions please.

Earlier this year my son and his girlfriend cruised on Independence. They pre-paid tips. They felt that service was not up to par. I wonder if wait staff figures we're paid already....so...it's not like they have to please. What do you think? They must know I would think.

Opinions please.

We just got off Radiance of the Seas and used My Time Dining. You have to pre-pay your tips and of course the wait staff knows that. Our service was excellent from the waiter, assistant waiter and the head waiter. I think your son was just unlucky. When we have cruised on Princess with pre paid tips we have never noticed any decline in service.

Just so it's clear, he can pre-pay his tips using a credit card.

Or, he can pay his tips on board using the SetSail Card (and thus credit card.)

No need for cash either way.

No, the SetSail Pass will just speed up his check-in at the pier.

His SeaPass is his charge card on board, and *yes*, he can put the gratuities on his SeaPass card.

:)

I'm just wondering...

Opinions please.

I believe service declines when there is no incentive. Also if you missed your cruise or canceled in the penalty phase you would loose those tips so I don't pay more then my cruise fare in advance. If you put the grats on your sea pass card they will go on your credit card the same as if you charged them in advance.

I'm just wondering...

Opinions please.

I cruised on Carnival when they switched from handing gratuities out at the end of the cruise to the adding to ones on board account. I did not notice any change in service. I have now pre paid twice on RCI for MTD. Again, no notice of decline in service. I just think that it's luck of the draw on your crew assigned to you for the week. Some are just better than others. That has been my experience over the years.

Recent Carnival threads have indicated that some - and maybe even all - of the staff knows who has paid. The serving staff are in the hospitality business and *should* not care whether someone has pre-paid but everyone is human. To reduce the possibility of average service, do not prepay. Pay on the 2nd last day on board using SetSail.

Archived