Best way to dump pvp????

I plan on dumping mine after this trip. I am just going to call the 888# and book our next one. No more pvps for me. In your case since it's so far away I guess you'd have to cancel and rebook to get it away from the pvp? I don't know, maybe you could call the toll free # and see if the can pull the booking in, I don't think they can but it might be worth a shot.

Never a problem with calling CCL and getting anything done...until this pvp. Is it recommended in general to cancel and re-book or to just call and re-do??

I'd recommend calling and getting a supervisor and asking to have your booking changed to a new PVP. Explain why and you should have no problem. You should not have to cancel and rebook etc to get the service you expect. :) Let us know how that works for you.

BTW your current PVP should have had you set up a pin number for your booking. If I remember correctly it's usually the last 4 digits of your phone number unless you are like me and have a set number you prefer. You can call the general line and have your whatever you need taken care of as long as you give them your pin number.

Plenty good....I have the PIN#. I'll call. If there's a prob I'll talk to a super. It's just a case of not responding, having asst. make the booking after waiting for 2 days. No discounts applied where 2 were due...etc etc.. I'm easy, but gee whiz.

Thanks again for your responses.

I changed to another PVP. Sometimes you just need a better one that knows more than my first one did. You can change to someone new.

When I booked my last two cruises, I could not get a hold of the pvp with whom we booked our november cruise. But on the paradise sailing, it was the last handful of rooms, and I could not wait. The girl who booked the paradise sailing was not very bright. She had never heard of the welcome back discount, but we still got it.

So when I wanted to book the Splendor cruise, I tried again to get my pvp, because he knows about the discounts and that I can use a certificate I purchased with my citibank points. But I once again could not get a hold of him. I watched rooms disappearing at 10pm, and I couldn't wait until morning, so I just called the 888 number and crossed my fingers. The girl I got was the nicest one I've ever spoken to, and she knew all about the discounts: what could be used with what and all that.

So I plan to use her from now on.

So give the 888 number a try. For ever 3 dumb ones, there's 1 good one!:p

When I booked my last two cruises, I could not get a hold of the pvp with whom we booked our november cruise. But on the paradise sailing, it was the last handful of rooms, and I could not wait. The girl who booked the paradise sailing was not very bright. She had never heard of the welcome back discount, but we still got it.

So when I wanted to book the Splendor cruise, I tried again to get my pvp, because he knows about the discounts and that I can use a certificate I purchased with my citibank points. But I once again could not get a hold of him. I watched rooms disappearing at 10pm, and I couldn't wait until morning, so I just called the 888 number and crossed my fingers. The girl I got was the nicest one I've ever spoken to, and she knew all about the discounts: what could be used with what and all that.

Iv already changed and ok with the new PVP, who has been wrong a few times, but tries to get what she can. I think the problem is Carnival changing rules. Like she didnt know you cant get a welcome back with a 1A cabin I booked until after we booked it ES and couldnt change it without paying a change fee. She didnt know there was a limit to Welcome Back credits, but at least she and I are learning the rules. The one I had before never could get anything right and knew so little about Carnival, it was amazing. The new one is a lot more intelligent, which I respect.

i was assigned a pvp but decided not to use him. Instead i emailed a friend here on cruise critic and was able to get in touch with a PVP they've used for years. I would rather use someone who has a good reference than some random person who answers the phone. If i were you, i would just call and ask for someone else.

Thank-you again. I just called and this person's "coach" will call Tues. after the long weekend. Just for info., this is not some rookie but one that's been hounding me via e-mail and a couple of phone calls for years.

I've always booked on-line and called when price reductions came up..and no problem, ever. Had to use a pvp or a live person so 50% discount could be applied from the 4-27-09 Ecstasy cruise.. Couldn't do that from my computer. That and $50. Welcome Back never posted after one week.

No responses to nice e-mail. That's basically the story. Not all of it, but basically.

Best way to dump your PVP?

(cut to split screen, you on your phone and PVP on headset in call center)

PVP: Carnival Cruise Lines, it's a great day to cruise!

You: Yeah... about that. Things just aren't working out between us. It's not you... it's me.

PVP: You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine. I invented "it's not you, it's me." Nobody tells me, "it's not you, it's me."

You: You're right. It's you.

PVP: You're damn right, it's me.

(cut away)

See simple, and no one gets hurt.

best way to dump your pvp?

(cut to split screen, you on your phone and pvp on headset in call center)

pvp: Carnival cruise lines, it's a great day to cruise!

You: Yeah... About that. Things just aren't working out between us. It's not you... It's me.

Pvp: You're giving me the "it's not you, it's me" routine. I invented "it's not you, it's me." nobody tells me, "it's not you, it's me."

you: You're right. It's you.

Pvp: You're damn right, it's me.

(cut away)

see simple, and no one gets hurt.

nice!

My ignorance is really showing - what is a PVP and what is "welcome back credit"? After 15 cruises I never heard of this, please enlighten me. Thanks!

PVP = Personal Vacation Planner. This is a Carnival Customer Service person assigned to you. Kind of an in-house TA. They are just like TAs in that there are good ones and bad ones.

Not sure what a "Past Guest Credit" is either as I have never heard that term. Maybe they are referring to "Past Guest Discount"????:confused:

i was assigned a pvp but decided not to use him. Instead i emailed a friend here on cruise critic and was able to get in touch with a PVP they've used for years. I would rather use someone who has a good reference than some random person who answers the phone. If i were you, i would just call and ask for someone else.

Brings up a point - Are we allowed to make PVP recommendations here on the board?

Not sure what a "Past Guest Credit" is either as I have never heard that term. Maybe they are referring to "Past Guest Discount"????:confused:

I believe they are referring to the welcome back credit. You get a small ($50?) obc if you book within 45 days of your return from a cruise. Some on here have cruises closer together then 45 days so they are entitled to more then one credit but it's my understanding that they can't be combined for the same sailing. Someone will post and clear it up further if I'm off.:)

As far as the referring/emailing/asking to be emailed with pvp... I'm curious why it's against the rules. I understand that a GOOD pvp would benefit more then a bad one but isn't the point of their job? to be good? I know CC has affiliates with different people and TA's. is that the reason? Maybe with the admin lurking they'll be able to fill me into why it's not allowed. Sorry to hijack a little :):)

I believe they are referring to the welcome back credit. You get a small ($50?) obc if you book within 45 days of your return from a cruise. Some on here have cruises closer together then 45 days so they are entitled to more then one credit but it's my understanding that they can't be combined for the same sailing. Someone will post and clear it up further if I'm off.:)

As far as the referring/emailing/asking to be emailed with pvp... I'm curious why it's against the rules. I understand that a GOOD pvp would benefit more then a bad one but isn't the point of their job? to be good? I know CC has affiliates with different people and TA's. is that the reason? Maybe with the admin lurking they'll be able to fill me into why it's not allowed. Sorry to hijack a little :):)

See this:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#5

Also telling members to e mail you for a recommendation is a way to get banned too.

Thank you - Just asking. I know there are strict rules on recommending tour companies and of course you can't mention travel agencies.

It was smart that you called the 888 no. and book..... as for me, called my pvp and left messages unfortunately he never called back... and by the time i called the 888 no. the res. rate already went up by $200!!! I was so mad!!!!!

Misty, I want to know, what is that certificate from citibank you're talking about? Thanks!

Archived