PG Packing List?

B6driver

Just cheap blow up mattresses.

Sometimes you can find them for around $5.00.

We made the mistake of taking real nice ones and were hard to blow up.

Some in our group of 10 gave up and never used theirs.

All wished we had taken really cheap ones.

On our first three, there was not really a theme night for guests but on our last they did have a "Polynesia Night" when everyone was encouraged to dress tropical. We were invited to eat with the captain that night and he and the other staff at our table wore tropical print shirts instead of their uniforms. I think it was Thursday night on a regular 7 day itinerary.

We have never brought a blow up mattress, but I can see why people like them. I spend most of my time at the motus snorkeling, my wife looks for shade to hide in. We always bring too much clothes. Ladies can also count on buying a pareau or however you spell it. You can use that at dinner too.

A reminder to anyone doing a precruise on an out island, there are strict luggage restrictions on the interisland flights. Sometimes they are strictly enforced, sometimes not. I think the limit is 20KG(44lbs.) There is an extra allowance for diving gear.

I did see men wearing a light sweater or some wore a sports coat to take the chill off.

If you prefer a sweater go ahead and take one. You won't look out of place.

May even have others envying you for not having one. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
- Should I [...]make restaurant reservations on-line in advance, or can I just wait until we are on board?

Been perusing old posts and I realize I don't know the answer to this one. Wendy and others, what is the procedure here--make rest. res right when you board, and do you call down? We're looking at the two nites the ship is anchored in Bora Bora and Moorea, which seem nice evenings to eat outside in Le Grill (that's the outside one, right?). But there was no guidance in our docs about making res and we are being told out ship is completely full.

PACKING LIST additions:

Since this was an old packing list thread, I'd like to add two suggestions I got from another board and that worked well on my prev. PG cruise and that I will pack again:

1. A cheap plastic over-the-door shoe bag. You hang it by its hook on the inside of the bathroom door and it's a great place to store all your loose items from suntan lotion cans to hairbrushes to clothespins for hanging up your wet swimwear. Keeps the b-room clutter free and you can toss the bag at the end of the cruise (I saved mine and have used it on other cruises since)

2. A pop-up clothes hamper. Find a place for it in the room to toss the clothes you're not re-wearing. (It folds flat for packing and weighs nothing.). Going home, I throw all the dirties in one of those vacuum seal packing bags and squish it up to nothing.

Been perusing old posts and I realize I don't know the answer to this one. Wendy and others, what is the procedure here--make rest. res right when you board, and do you call down? We're looking at the two nites the ship is anchored in Bora Bora and Moorea, which seem nice evenings to eat outside in Le Grill (that's the outside one, right?). But there was no guidance in our docs about making res and we are being told out ship is completely full.

We made our dining reservations the day we boarded. Then later we changed one of them. We didn't have a problem getting what we wanted, but then we were a party of only two and were happy to be seated with others.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at cheap inflatables as recommended

Since I really am not clear on how these are used, do I get two singles or a double? Is this for laying on the beach or floating on the water or both? ANy specific recommendations?

Archived