Deck 11 or 10? Spirit

biomedbob

We currently are booked in a Deck 9 cabin, with option of moving up to Deck 10 or 11. Either would be closer to the activities, but we question that 11 might be nosier because of things going on above.

Any pros or cons would be appreciated. :)

I will only book a room with a cabin directly above -- never under a public area. The public areas are subject to traffic 24/7 -- you cannot control when others want to be out and about. If it is in alaska, it would probably be ok at night -- but otherwise you might be taking a big chance, especially if you are a light sleeper.

I would also try to get a room with a cabin directly below as well -- but not nearly as important as having a cabin above you. One or two more flights of stairs does not put you all that much closer to the activities.

We had a minisuite on the Dawn on deck 11. Pretty much under all the activity on deck 12 (pool, buffet, etc) Slept really well. Plus....deck 11 is convenient to the buffet, pool, (up about 10 or 12 steps) or one of the main dining rooms (down about 10 or 12 steps). I wouldn't change a thing.

In fact we're booked on the Jewel on deck 11. Just my opinion.

Be aware that if you book either deck 10 or 11 near the bow you will hear all the noise from Galaxy of the Stars until late at night. We were on deck 10 and it was very noisy at night.

We currently are booked in a Deck 9 cabin, with option of moving up to Deck 10 or 11. Either would be closer to the activities, but we question that 11 might be nosier because of things going on above.

Any pros or cons would be appreciated. :)

We were in cabin 11660 the end of March. The favorite cabin on any NCL cruise ever! It is near the aft of the ship, balcony. You can wake up early, go outside and get your coffee or juice, view the scenery and have a very peaceful, quiet time. Even when the kid's pool was open it was still quiet. There is a hot tub out there too. If it's available, or any cabin in that vicinity, I would book it in a heartbeat. :):D

We are still deciding also. We always book cabins with cabins above. Being "close to the action" really hasn't been a factor since the steps and the elevators take you wherever you want to go and we're walking all over the ship anyway. :)

We were in 11136 (balcony aft) on the Spirit in April. Other than for some thumping from the basketball courts two decks up, there is not much noise. The thumping bothered DH a little, but not me. And you won't hear anything from the Raffles buffet above you. I liked having it right upstairs, to run up and grab some pastries and fruit for a quick snack and bring back to the room.

We just returned on the Spirit; our cabin was 9572 forward. It was a very quiet location and we had good neighbors on both sides. I was very surprised not to hear passengers in the next cabin. We were over the lifeboats on deck 8. Any cabin would be good on deck 9 whether it is an inside or balcony. They must have a station close by because room service coffee and juice was only 5 minutes. Never had a tray that fast.

Many passengers complain about noise from the buffet or pool or from the Galaxy of the Stars. For me, its my opinion the meatheads who drop weights in the gym are much louder. Beware a cabin below the weight area of the gym on any ship....

Sailed deck 11 in Jan. No problems with noise from above... (I dont remember the cabin number...but we were right in the middle of the ship on the aft side...) Only problem...because the deck above is a bit wider to make room for sun chairs, there is an overhang above the balcony...dampens your view of the sky...not a big issue...just be sure to check and see on the deckplans if your under the overhang from deck 12 (so, more toward the back or front.)

Sailed deck 11 in Jan. No problems with noise from above... (I dont remember the cabin number...but we were right in the middle of the ship on the aft side...) Only problem...because the deck above is a bit wider to make room for sun chairs, there is an overhang above the balcony...dampens your view of the sky...not a big issue...just be sure to check and see on the deckplans if your under the overhang from deck 12 (so, more toward the back or front.)

aft side:rolleyes:

:p

You can also search the cruise critic NCL forum for specific cabin numbers. We were debating among a few available cabins, and it helped tremendously to see comments that others had posted having stayed in these cabins previously. We are light sleepers, and after we checked above and below decks when searching cabins, we ended up with our final selections based on past passenger comments. Good luck!:)

Archived