pacific dawn quarantined (Merger of all swine flu threads)

thied

CanRaiders - I hope your friends are on board and not stuck on the wharf. If only you could contact them to get the inside word.

Can't imagine how frustrating it must be for the people not on the ship yet. Feel so bad for them :(

So has it been confirmed that there is definelty swine flu on the ship?? How scary i go on pd in 8 weeks....:confused:
i dont now yet , but there are a lot of health department people on board. did you read the last i put up ?

Message for passengers on Pacific Dawn

For people on the cruise to Queensland departing Sydney 25 May 2009

http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/publichealth/swine_flu_message_for_passenger.asp

YES I DID THANKS BUT STILL NOT SURE..WILL SOON FIND OUT, PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED AS YOU FIND OUT :o), SO PD HAS LEFT??

I wonder whats going happen know there have been two boys comfumed to have swine flue on board the pacific dawn,

(People who reported contact with people with respiratory illness on health declaration cards as they departed the ship will be contacted by NSW Health and placed in isolation for 7 days after leaving the ship. ) There on a 9 day cruise are they under 7day isolation ?

They will be in whitsundays in three days . ps, just what the nine news .

YES I DID THANKS BUT STILL NOT SURE..WILL SOON FIND OUT, PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED AS YOU FIND OUT :o), SO PD HAS LEFT??

yes it have left hope they have a good time.

The two children confirmed to have swine flu, were they disembarking or embarking? Were the remaining passengers allowed to board or did the ship only sail with those that already boarded? Are the passengers onboard under 7 day quarantine? Does this mean that the ship will not stop at any ports??

Any info much appreciated

I found the following statements in the NSW Health Department statement very interesting -

For people on the cruise to Queensland departing Sydney 25 May 2009 - People who have respiratory symptoms should be isolated for 7 days ...

For people on the cruise which arrived in Sydney on 25 May 2009 People with symptoms ... placed in isolation for 7 days after onset of illness.

People who reported contact with people with symptoms on board the cruise ... placed in isolation for 7 days after leaving the ship.

People without symptoms .. must remain in quarantine until 7 days after leaving the cruise ship on 25 May 2009.

This makes it look as if everyone who came off the Pacific Dawn has to remain in quarantine for seven days. We will undoubtedly hear what is happening.

Evon.

After reading Thied's post with the above links, it is confirmed that all passengers are to remain at home in quarantine for seven days.

I hope the swine flu problem is sorted out very quickly. I can see this being a major problem for future cruises.

I hope there are no suspected cases of swine flu on the Pacific Sun, due to arrive in Brisbane tomorrow morning.

Evon.

After reading Thied's post with the above links, it is confirmed that all passengers are to remain at home in quarantine for seven days.

I hope the swine flu problem is sorted out very quickly. I can see this being a major problem for future cruises.

I hope there are no suspected cases of swine flu on the Pacific Sun, due to arrive in Brisbane tomorrow morning.

Evon.

Hi Evon, if everyone off the ship has to place themselves in quarantine..what must the interstate and country passengers do ?...

they wouldn't be able to fly, train or bus home.. that would be mixing with other people

stay at a hotel or similar..I suppose.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Hi Evon, if everyone off the ship has to place themselves in quarantine..what must the interstate and country passengers do ?... they wouldn't be able to fly, train or bus home.. that would be mixing with other people stay at a hotel or similar..I suppose.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

I understand that they were permitted to travel to their homes and have to remain in quarantine there. I wonder if they were given masks to use while in transit? There was one report of the 120 (I think it was 120) Gold Coast people who came off the ship being checked by Queensland Health. I suppose responsibility for the Q'ld residents has been handed over to Q'ld Health.

Hope there aren't any problems with disembarkation of the Pacific Sun tomorrow. Our daughter and her boyfriend are on it and they each have their own small business to get back to.

Evon.

You have to feel sorry for those who have just disembarked as they have been left in limbo. Passengers were allowed to fly home to their own states which I find amazing and told to quarantine themselves for 7 days. Who is supposed to oversee that they do this?:confused:

I would also have thought that they would have had the Thermal Imagine Camera as the passengers disembarked to check for those who were sick.

i'm going on her in august, and hope this has all sorted itself out by then seeing as we are taking the kids, and wont be impressed if we have paid 5grand for a cruise thats in quarrantine and has no ports. i would hope that if the situation is ongoing p&o give passengers the option to reshedule their cruises. What does this all mean for people boarding in the next few weeks????

i'm going on her in august, and hope this has all sorted itself out by then seeing as we are taking the kids, and wont be impressed if we have paid 5grand for a cruise thats in quarrantine and has no ports. i would hope that if the situation is ongoing p&o give passengers the option to reshedule their cruises. What does this all mean for people boarding in the next few weeks????

I'm with you...I really hope the swine flu is under control soon as it'd be so dissapointing to go on a cruise without ports :(. Not to mention having to quarrantine yourself for 7 days afterwards :mad:.

Archived