pacific dawn quarantined (Merger of all swine flu threads)

thied

I have posted this in another thread, but 3 of my co-workers disembarked from the Dawn on Monday, and were not informed of anything. They had not heard from anybody until I phoned them at home on the tuesday to tell them! They are in quarintine for 7 days now. The health dept "were going to let the know ", meanwhile they flew back to melbourne, went shopping and caught up with loved ones! NOt good enough.

Michele

THOUSANDS of Australians preparing to go overseas will not be covered for medical and other expenses if they contract swine flu, according to several leading insurers

In a written response to the Herald Sun, a Suncorp spokesman stated that all emergency overseas

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25544075-662,00.html

THOUSANDS of Australians preparing to go overseas will not be covered for medical and other expenses if they contract swine flu, according to several leading insurers

In a written response to the Herald Sun, a Suncorp spokesman stated that all emergency overseas

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25544075-662,00.html

Why do you keep posting this because it is untrue and will cause worry and stress to people unnecessarily.

In a written response to the Herald Sun, a Suncorp spokesman stated that all emergency overseas medical costs would be honoured under policies issued by Suncorp, GIO and Vero.

QBE refused to comment on whether its policyholders would be left high and dry by its insurance contracts.

Thanks for the updates Thied, I have a friend who has heart issues on that cruise..... unfortunately she could not get travel insurance due to her heart condition so P &O had to be moved from the prior cruise to this cruise to remain in Australia. I hope she will be ok....

Thanks for the updates Thied, I have a friend who has heart issues on that cruise..... unfortunately she could not get travel insurance due to her heart condition so P &O had to be moved from the prior cruise to this cruise to remain in Australia. I hope she will be ok....
i hope she is ok yes its had to get travel insurance thith a heart condition.

Cruise ships facing new swine flu checks 4.05 27/05/09

All cruise ships arriving in NSW waters will be treated as if they have swine flu onboard under strict new state government protocols.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/cruise-ships-facing-new-swine-flu-checks-20090527-bnca.html

I've looked out my window but still I don't see the carts in the streets with men calling out "bring out the dead".Where are the rats spreading the plague.We are talking about a strain of the flu.I am not a medical person but it seems people are becoming hysterical.When they start burying people at sea then I will worry.A 17yo boy died today of meningococcal disease.Now that's a worry.Talk of cancelling cruises because of the flu is ridiculous.

Ok all the worry warts can shoot me down,but please let's not become irrational

When my husband and I had the flu ( not just a head cold) a few years ago we were both so sick we could hardly life our heads off the bed. We could not speak to each other let alone speak to the media. We were both in our late fifties and we had to have my mother to come and look after us. We had a headache that was so bad we thought we were going to die. We aren't at all worried about catching the swine flu. We are still looking forward to our wonderful half way around the world cruise and sei la vie. We could get hit by a bus here or run over by some drunk driver etc. etc. etc.

live life to the full. - Janet:D;):):cool:

I've looked out my window but still I don't see the carts in the streets with men calling out "bring out the dead".Where are the rats spreading the plague.We are talking about a strain of the flu.I am not a medical person but it seems people are becoming hysterical.When they start burying people at sea then I will worry.A 17yo boy died today of meningococcal disease.Now that's a worry.Talk of cancelling cruises because of the flu is ridiculous.

we are not in london along long time ago you now.

Half of it is media hype, Here in NZ we had just the same hype, when it was first announced that NZ had Swine Flu, NZ media went in my option loopy over it, but give it a week or two (maybe less if another big storm hits Australia or another big story happens) and it will get less press.

OK,

Imagine traveling with 2 kids and an elderly couple on the very next cruise

Yes W916 Pacific Dawn.

You have saved for 4 years and booked 560days ago. Have already spent over $10,000 and a more on private tours, clothes, insurance and cameras etc. Then you are told that if one you have a flue symptom you all will be locked away in your cabin for at least a week and given drugs that are untested. Then after that if a different member gets the flue symptoms it will start over again. I hope this does not happen but on every cruise I have been on many people including us have had the flue.

I wish you were in our situation to understand how it has affected people.

If you were to take the time to read some information on why there are concerns for this flue you will have a better understanding of what can and most likely will happen.

It’s not my job to educate you.

I will say that people like you with a big mouth should use your brain first.

“To know the past is to know the future”

When my husband and I had the flu ( not just a head cold) a few years ago we were both so sick we could hardly life our heads off the bed. We could not speak to each other let alone speak to the media.

Janet, you & your husband obviously did have the flu and not just a cold. I've always said it's amazing how many people say they have the flu when all they do have is a cold.

You want to talk to the people who are suffering from swine flu especially the couple from the Sunshine Coast who described their symptoms, and now worrying about giving it to their children. I am sure there are people who will be stuck on board the Dawn off Willis Island wish they had cancelled their cruise.

Archived