pacific dawn quarantined (Merger of all swine flu threads)

thied

Hi

I fly to Tahiti to board the PD on 15 June....I'd hate to rock up to the wharf and find no ship!!!:D

Now that's something that I just don't want to think about.

Cheers

Ging466

wont be impressed if we have paid 5grand for a cruise thats in quarrantine and has no ports.

Is that really what could happen? That would be awful! I would rather get my money back or put it towards another cruise later on.

I'm going in August too so am watching this unfolding saga with great interest!

After all this drama I am going to kiss my cruise good-bye. I have given up my $600 deposit and am not going on my cruise in Feb 2010. It isn't worth the risk.

What about the staff on the ship, are they robots, I'm sure they are the ones who would be the carrier of the Swine Flu. Or have they replaced all of them too?

Thanks,

Jenny

After all this drama I am going to kiss my cruise good-bye. I have given up my $600 deposit and am not going on my cruise in Feb 2010. It isn't worth the risk.

What about the staff on the ship, are they robots, I'm sure they are the ones who would be the carrier of the Swine Flu. Or have they replaced all of them too?

Thanks,

Jenny

Sorry sounds a little crazy to me...

Me too.

I think it is all an over reaction but yes normal pre-cautions should be carried out as with a normal flu. Only 91 people have died from Swine flu and that is world wide. alot more die of the usual flu.

Guess we can look at it this we, we might get some good cruise specials happening.

i have emailed p&o asking what would happen if it were to continue, lets see if i getna response, i would hate to pull out, but i do have the kids to think of if it gets heaps worse very quickly. the chances of anything happening are slim and if it were just me i wouldn't care at all, but i wouldn't be pulling out of cruise that doesn't sail till feb 2010, flus are usually just a winter thing and it will be over with by then.

p&o are getting slammmed in news reports over the last couple of hrs, about letting the ship sail.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5597713/woman-questions-flu-quarantine-measures/

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5597713/woman-questions-flu-quarantine-measures/

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5598204/ship-passenger-wasnt-told-flu/

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny, im sure things will be fine by your cruise in Feb 2010.

I assume your final payment isnt due until November or December 2009? If so, that means you still have atleast 6 months to go.

Whether you cancel now or in 6 months, is there any difference?

Yes swine flu is serious but we need to remember that more people die of the regular flu and other common illnesses. It seems to be that in general, the deaths have been where people have contracted Swine but have already been sick, or in places that may not have the same level of medical treatement available as we do in Australia.

Yes we need to take precautions, but remember that there are no recorded deaths in Australia.

Yet the same Pacific Dawn staff that arrived yesterday would have departed last night. I assume they haven't been self-quaranteened for 7 days.

Makes this whole situation quite ridiculous

Have heard that some staff who showed flu like symptoms disembarked in Sydney.

Hi, I am leaving on the Pacific Dawn Tahiti cruise on the 4th June.

I have taken all precautions I can before cruise..and will follow what else I need to do onboard.

I have a small chemist shop already packed in my luggage. ..I had a flu needle, a pneumoccocal vaccination, (I know the flu needle won't stop me from getting the swine flu, but it would be a lower dose.)

P&O and Princess must follow the guidelines set out by the health authorities, and I am sure the safety of passengers and crew are utmost.

I am not panicking, just being careful.

The same as if I was flying to anywhere overseas.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Passengers were allowed to fly home to their own states which I find amazing and told to quarantine themselves for 7 days. Who is supposed to oversee that they do this?:confused:

You beat me to it. I'm sure there are going to be people who don't bother to quarantine themselves:mad:.

Hi, I am leaving on the Pacific Dawn Tahiti cruise on the 4th June.

I have taken all precautions I can before cruise..and will follow what else I need to do onboard.

I have a small chemist shop already packed in my luggage. ..I had a flu needle, a pneumoccocal vaccination, (I know the flu needle won't stop me from getting the swine flu, but it would be a lower dose.)

P&O and Princess must follow the guidelines set out by the health authorities, and I am sure the safety of passengers and crew are utmost.

I am not panicking, just being careful.

The same as if I was flying to anywhere overseas.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Glad to hear Lorraine that you are still cruising.

Not long now until your cruise, hope you have a fantastic time :)

My daughter just bought a note home that said a family from her school is being treated for suspected swine flu after returning from a cruise. I know she has no chance of being infected as she hasn't had contact with them, but its scarey how close to home it is now.

I leave on the Sun from Brisbane tommorrow, already had a recorded message from P&O telling us not to arrive to the port until 2pm for departure at 5pm, not too worried about the swine flu, can catch it at the shops but hope I don't get the sniffles and have to be quarinted to my room. Had flu Vax going to wash hands regularly and get plenty of fresh air:D

I leave on the Sun from Brisbane tommorrow, already had a recorded message from P&O telling us not to arrive to the port until 2pm for departure at 5pm, not too worried about the swine flu, can catch it at the shops but hope I don't get the sniffles and have to be quarinted to my room. Had flu Vax going to wash hands regularly and get plenty of fresh air:D

take some "oinkment":D

How bad is swine flu?

Does it really exist as such?

Less people have died from swine flue than any normal flu!

Tamiflu has a shelf life of 3 years and it just happens to be 3 years since world bodies started to stockpile billions of dollars worth of Tamiflu!

Tamiflu just happens to work on swineflu as it does other flu.

2 childen onboard contracted it and god knows who else,new passengers were allowed to sail on a cruise with many staff that may have come into contact with them,passengers from the contaminated cruise were allowed to "fly home" and go on public transport with a self imposed quarrentine?

Ship was allowed to sail and any passengers who show signs will be quarrentined,doesnt that mean they possibly caught it from the ship?

P&O profits over peoples lives? I dont think so!

What is the score with this flu? I think its just a flu like most yearly flu,s.

Den

It sounds like there might be a delay with disembarkation. :(

Evon.

I too am not cruising until September (first cruise), with the family and am watching with interest as to how it unfolds. I will be devastated if we had to cancel or worse got quarantined and stuck in my room on the ship!!! AAaaargh d@mn you swine flu!

Angela

P.S. I loved the "oinkment" I might get me some of that!

Archived