Television Channels on Mariner

I know there will be people telling me I am silly for asking this, but the UA softball team is in the world series while we are cruising and I would like to keep up with the games. Does anyone know if ESPN and/or ESPN2 are offered on the ship? TIA

We only got ESPN Deportes when we were on the Mariner, no ESPN or ESPN2. There also was no sports ticker showing all the scores for all the professional sports.

We were able to watch the NBA finals in the 19th hole and in our cabin since they bought that particular feed.

Unfortunately, I doubt you will see UA softball but if anyone can find it for you, it would be the bartender in the 19th Hole.

It may very well depend on where you are sailing. We have frequently watched ESPN and/or ESPN Deportes on our RCI cruises and sometimes they have carried MLB and NFL games broadcast on Fox, or CBS. Whether or not they will carry a particular sporting event on your cruise is difficult to predict, so better to not count on it and be pleasantly surprised than otherwise. Any sports that is shown on the TVs in the lounges will be viewable on your stateroom TV as well.

Just off the Mariner and ESPN was available. Watched MLB games, Sports Center, etc.

Interesting. We have been on the Mariner twice out of Port Canaveral and my sports junkie husband missed his sports ticker.:rolleyes: At least they still had the daily paper in the library so he got some scores.

I wonder if the Mariner gets ESPN when it goes to Mexico or only when it does the northern route.

I wonder if the Mariner gets ESPN when it goes to Mexico or only when it does the northern route.

We were on the PNW route. If I recall correctly the ticker was there but not 100% sure. It just may depend on the route.

We got ESPN on Monarch last year [June and October] when it was doing the Baja [well, OK, Ensenada] itinerary. On the Indy TA last month we got ESPN in Florida but after a day or two we lost it [told we were out of the satelite footprint]. Later we got Eurosport and ESPN International, although reception was not consistent.

I think you will get ESPN [probably not ESPN 2] on the Mexico run with Mariner -- but I could be wrong.

Archived