Another Early Saver Question

cvrap

I've read a lot about this and I think I understand it pretty well. I'm trying to make my TA understand what I think is right.

If I have a 1A booked early saver and now the senior rate in a 4A is $80 cheaper (one passenger is over 55 in the cabin now), don't I get the OBC difference?

She's saying it has to be in the same booking category and I'm kind of going round and round now, waiting on a call.

You're wasting your time - the TA is 100% correct! Checkout the Early Saver Terms and conditions "The lower fare must be: Carnival-advertised rate i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guest". The price match is ONLY for same cruise, same Cabin Category. A CAT 1A is not the same Category as a CAT 4A.

If you booked a Early Saver CAT 1A, and:

If the Carnival-advertised FunSelect rate CAT 1A drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are a Past Guest and the Carnival-advertised Past Guest CAT 1A rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are 55+ and the Carnival-advertised CAT 1A 55+rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are a your state Resident and the Carnival-advertised your state Resident CAT 1A rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are Military and Carnival's Military CAT 1A rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

ken

You're wasting your time - the TA is 100% correct! Checkout the Early Saver Terms and conditions "The lower fare must be: Carnival-advertised rate i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guest". The price match is ONLY for same cruise, same Cabin Category. A CAT 1A is not the same Category as a CAT 4A.

If the Carnival-advertised FunSelect rate CAT 1A drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are a Past Guest and the Carnival-advertised Past Guest CAT 1A rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are 55+ and the Carnival-advertised CAT 1A 55+rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are a your state Resident and the Carnival-advertised your state Resident CAT 1A rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

If you are Military and Carnival's Military CAT 1A rate drops below your current Early Saver CAT 1A Rate, you get the price drop.

ken

Thanks, Ken. The Cat 1A are sold out and I think I've read where if a cabin upgrade is lower priced, you get the OBC because I could hypothetically upgrade and get a lower price.

Anyone else familiar with this?

Your TA is correct buy you aren't out of options. If a 4a has dropped all you have to do is upgrade into that room. If you move up and it's cheaper then you have your 1a booked at. You will get the upgraded room and the difference back in OBC.

If the higher cabin's fare drops below your current fare, you can move-up to that Category.

Were you saying that the CAT 4A cabin's fare has dropped $80, but is still more than your CAT 1A, and you feel you should get the $80 OBC because your CAT 1A is sold-out (which is what I initially assumed), or

That the CAT 4A cabin's fare has dropped $80 below your CAT 1A rate, in which case you're at least entitled to Move-Up to a CAT 4A and IMO eligible for that $80 OBC.

ken

Okay. I understand and that sounds good. I'll just change to the 4A inside that's $70 cheaper instead of the 1A.

If you do move-up to a 4A, before you call the TA checkout the carnival.com display of 4A Cabins and have the Deckplan on-hand when you call the TA who can look at all available cabins, so you get the best available cabin. ken

I also did the early saver for Oct 19th Miracle and right away I asked about the possibilities of upgrade and she told me when I booked Early Savers are not eligible for an upgrade of any kind. I booked anyway and the prices are now $149 higher than the price I booked at.

I also did the early saver for Oct 19th Miracle and right away I asked about the possibilities of upgrade and she told me when I booked Early Savers are not eligible for an upgrade of any kind. I booked anyway and the prices are now $149 higher than the price I booked at.

On the off chance that the fare for a Category above yours, drops below yours, call and ask for an upgrade - if it's worthwhile relative to the cabin location you have. ken

Did you book with a TA or through carnival? You can upgrade with early saver as long as the category you want to move to is not higher then the one you are booked in or you pay the difference.

I've read a lot about this and I think I understand it pretty well. I'm trying to make my TA understand what I think is right.

If I have a 1A booked early saver and now the senior rate in a 4A is $80 cheaper (one passenger is over 55 in the cabin now), don't I get the OBC difference?

She's saying it has to be in the same booking category and I'm kind of going round and round now, waiting on a call.

The price reduction must be the SAME category cabin you've booked....your agent is correct.

How do you all know the exact prices of 1a, 4a, etc? I booked early saver and am puzzled on how to find the rate of my 4f room now? Do I just call carnival and ask the rate?:confused:

Go to carnival website. Click on find a cruise and put all the info in to pull up your cruise, be sure to put in your state and past guest if it applies so you can see those discounts if available.

Then when the list of cruises comes up click on your date. When it pulls up your cruise choose the type of room you have like OV. On that page click the edit button (next to the price and deck name) and you can see all of the different categories.

On the off chance that the fare for a Category above yours, drops below yours, call and ask for an upgrade - if it's worthwhile relative to the cabin location you have. ken

Upgrades are not an option with Early Saver rates which is why they offer compensation for price drops only in the exact cabin catergory you book.

Upgrades are not an option with Early Saver rates which is why they offer compensation for price drops only in the exact cabin catergory you book.

Carnival will let you upgrade, just pay the difference (or if the price has dropped, you can elect to take a upgrade in lieu of money back - several folks have done it that posted). You just cant downgrade without paying the $50 change fee. They will let you upgrade though.

-----

OP just to give you a example, I had the special 1A booked on Conquest, the one they made into a 6B, with two windows. The 4A price dropped with a FREE upgrade to any open inside cabin before my cruise. The price drop was only $20 pp, and I would have had to give up my windows, so I stayed where I was and gave up the upgrade and price drop.

If you are in a port hole 1A, or a higher deck 1A, sometimes its a hard choice to "upgrade" to a inside cabin. 1As to me on Conquest class are a real bargain, and I wouldnt trade one even for a inside on Riveria.

Im now seeing some senior specials on the Western dates just before my date, on IS category, but so far not on my date for my upcoming cruise. Im wondering if I will have to decide again about giving up what I consider a better 1A for a inside.

firefly above answered it - you CAN pay to upgrade with no penalty and you CAN take the upgraded Category if the fare for the Category above you drops below your current Early Saver fare.

ken

firefly above answered it - you CAN pay to upgrade with no penalty and you CAN take the upgraded Category if the fare for the Category above you drops below your current Early Saver fare.

ken

I knew what you meant. scary that we were thinking alike huh?? I promise it wouldnt happen again.

ken

I have to disagree with you.

We booked two Cat 6C cabins Early Saver for our upcoming Conquest cruise.

We paid $1029/$1029/$679 for each of the three persons in our cabin.

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that the prices for a Cat 8D Balcony cabin was now: $1029/$1029/$629.

So...I called Carnival and asked if we could be moved up to a better cabin instead of taking OBC. The prices for our current Cat 6C cabins had dropped to $949/$949/$579.

No problem, spent about 30 minutes on hold because it was at the height of the whole Swine Flu panic. By the end of my phone call, we had our two cat 6C Oceanview rooms converted to two cat 8D balcony rooms PLUS we got $50 OBC because the third pax rate was less than what we had originally paid.

Last week I submitted another ES claim because the prices on the new cat 8D balcony had dropped to $979 for each of the first two pax.

Here's what we booked:

2 - Cat 6C Oceanview rooms

Here's what we currently have:

2 - Cat 8D Balcony rooms

PLUS $150 OBC per cabin

About 3 weeks ago, I noticed that the prices for a Cat 8D Balcony cabin was now: $1029/$1029/$629.

Congratulations... love when you can MORE for less.

So...I called Carnival and asked if we could be moved up to a better cabin instead of taking OBC. The prices for our current Cat 6C cabins had dropped to $949/$949/$579.

No problem, spent about 30 minutes on hold because it was at the height of the whole Swine Flu panic. By the end of my phone call, we had our two cat 6C Oceanview rooms converted to two cat 8D balcony rooms PLUS we got $50 OBC because the third pax rate was less than what we had originally paid.

Last week I submitted another ES claim because the prices on the new cat 8D balcony had dropped to $979 for each of the first two pax.

Here's what we booked:

2 - Cat 8D Balcony rooms

PLUS $150 OBC per cabin

Congratulations, love when someone gets more for less

We've gotten OBC credit twice because of Early Saver. The price we have now didnt mention a 55+ rate. Can I check online to see if I should get one? Does every cruise have a 55+ rate?

We've gotten OBC credit twice because of Early Saver. The price we have now didnt mention a 55+ rate. Can I check online to see if I should get one? Does every cruise have a 55+ rate?

the 55+ Rate is just like the other Promo rates, it's offered some of the time, on some of the cruises, usually in the final month or so before sailaway. You have to be 55+ to get it.

You can use that blue Quick Search box on the home page to check-off the promos you're eligible for, then proceed with the search, and when you get to your cruise, any of those Promo Fares that are currently being offered on your specific cruise will be displayed below the FunSelect, FunSaver (and Early Saver) rates.

ken

Here's what we booked:

2 - Cat 8D Balcony rooms

PLUS $150 OBC per cabin

PlanoDebbie I think that you just proved Ken and Firefly's point about upgrading because the price you paid for your cabin is the same as the higher up cabin. You chose to move up to the higher cabin at the same price point. Congrats by the way.

However, with the OP it is not clear if the $80 drop of the 4A is still at or below the original 1A category that they booked.

This info is not true I was booked on the Carnival Dream in the 4C and upgraded it to a 7A. I am booked the early saver rate. My parents booked same cruise in a 4A, switched it to a 4E. This was done by two different representatives.

Archived