Cruising in a few days, last minute tips?

lilfleck

Hey everyone,

This is my 5th cruise and my gf's first time cruising. This is my first cruise I will be going on being eligible to drink (just graduated college).

I have just joined this forum recently and have been reading as much as I can, but time is short and I want to know if anyone has any last minute tips for us.

We were considering getting the Rum Runners, but I would absolutely have to do that by today (leaving this Sunday, May 31st). I hear the shipping takes two business days (hopefully it would ship tomorrow if I ordered it today). We aren't big drinkers but we do like to have a good time.

Also, does anyone suggest bringing a laptop? I was thinking about using it for DVD's and for pictures and such (to upload). Alternatively, I do have a portable DVD player. Although, I don't think we will be spending too much time in the room :)

Any tips/suggestions for us would be welcome. We will be sailing on the Carnival Freedom this Sunday!

Have you joined the Roll Call for your cruise?

I brin my laptop on cruises. It allows me to save pictures and start editing them as time allows.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I just got a cool new MacBook.

Any other tips/advice?

Don't know much about rum runners. Carnival does allow you to bring two bottles of wine (one for each adult passenger) on with you. We usually take advantage of that. My other tip relates to the supper club. Carnival has great supper clubs. While they do charge $30 extra, it's a great meal. They have live music and it's nice thing to do with your girlfriend. I took my wife to Harry's on the Carnival Liberty and she ate up the whole atmosphere and the aged steaks are great.

As for your laptop, I order the internet minutes and keep up with my local sports teams that way. We also use it to check up on our dog and as a good way for people to reach us if there are family emergencies. But that's a personal thing.

Have a great trip.

We don't especially like sitting in the room, drinking...it's much more fun to be at one of the many, many bars for that! If you simply want a drink while you're getting ready for the evening, just stop by any bar, and bring one to your room!

Plus, if you're flying, that added liquid can add alot of weight to your luggage!

Have a Fantastic time! No need for Rum Runners - just use bubble wrap and zip locks.

Great advice earlier - pack half as many close and twice as much money.

BE A JOINER! I never really knew what that meant; but my Mom always told me that when I first started cruising. Needless to say, you are at an age where you might think that certain things are "uncool"; but believe me - you'll never see these people again. Go to the silly "hairy chest contest " and be a judge - Go to Karaoke and sing like no one is listening.

Stop and take every photo available and choose later which ones you want to buy...........

have a super time and enjoy every minute of it.............

Chick.

Lili - forgot to mention - go to singles night the first night. You may not make a love connection; but you still meet lots of other singles that you can just pass on the Promenade and say hello to...................

p.s. forgot to mention - I met my DH on a cruise 11 years ago.................just sayin'...........

Have a Fantastic time! No need for Rum Runners - just use bubble wrap and zip locks.

Great advice earlier - pack half as many close and twice as much money.

BE A JOINER! I never really knew what that meant; but my Mom always told me that when I first started cruising. Needless to say, you are at an age where you might think that certain things are "uncool"; but believe me - you'll never see these people again. Go to the silly "hairy chest contest " and be a judge - Go to Karaoke and sing like no one is listening.

Stop and take every photo available and choose later which ones you want to buy...........

have a super time and enjoy every minute of it.............

Chick.

ALL OF THE ABOVE! Remember about drinking, though. You won't have to drive anywhere, but you will have to walk (on a moving vehicle), so drink responsibly.

ALL OF THE ABOVE! Remember about drinking, though. You won't have to drive anywhere, but you will have to walk (on a moving vehicle), so drink responsibly.

Drink Responsibly:

Drink only your own drinks (not others)

Don't spill your drink (it would make slick spots)

Don't drink while you're sleeping (reference slick spots above)

Do not offer to drive the ship when you are drinking (just don't)

Don't have *more* than 3 drinks in your hands at one time

Don't carry your drink to the bathroom

Don't dance with your drink (never, "evah")

When you raise your drink to make a "toast" (and you will), don't let your drink touch anyone else

Don't talk to your drink (yes, we notice)

DO have a good time !

horrible-disaster-demotivational-poster.jpg.d50ca525140bc4d8707bc92fe8a380eb.jpg

Archived