RCI ships ranks HIGH

There is a big Cruise TA and they will always give their customer's top 20 ships. It changes like every three/four months.

they have just changed it and from the 20 ships their customers like best 10 are from RCI this time.7 from Carnival and 1 each for Princess (Sapphire),HAL (Westerdam) and Disney (Wonder) Strange any Celebrity ships this time.

2) Mariner

4) Adventure

5)Brilliance

6)Freedom

7)Navigator

8)Liberty

11) Indy

13) Serenade

15) Voyager

17) Majesty

There is a big Cruise TA and they will always give their customer's top 20 ships. It changes like every three/four months.

they have just changed it and from the 20 ships their customers like best 10 are from RCI this time.7 from Carnival and 1 each for Princess (Sapphire),HAL (Westerdam) and Disney (Wonder)

2) Mariner

4) Adventure

5)Brilliance

6)Freedom

7)Navigator

8)Liberty

11) Indy

13) Serenade

15) Voyager

17) Majesty

Mariner is a fantastic ship, whimsical, comical, beautiful and elegant....all rolled into one. Something for everybody.

I am on your sailing, check Roll Call...I think we are the only ones going...:D

Mariner is a fantastic ship, whimsical, comical, beautiful and elegant....all rolled into one. Something for everybody.

While I agree with the RCI ships being ranked high, there's one reason these polls don't mean much to me.

It' makes me wonder why an exact sister ship doesn't rank as high as another. For example, why Mariner #2 and Navigator #7. Why Adventure #4 and Voyager all the way down at #15....and no mention of Explorer?

While I agree with the RCI ships being ranked high, there's one reason these polls don't mean much to me.

It' makes me wonder why an exact sister ship doesn't rank as high as another. For example, why Mariner #2 and Navigator #7. Why Adventure #4 and Voyager all the way down at #15....and no mention of Explorer?

The crew makes a big difference on the ship.

Can you give us the complete list? Curious as to which ship ranked 1st

1) Disney Wonder

3) C.Pride

9) C.Legend

10) C.Liberty

12) Sapphire Princess

14) C.Valor

16) C.Paradise

18) C.Glory

19) Westerdam

20) C.Spirit

I'm surprised you have to ask............ the crew makes the difference. They can make or break a cruise and it appears these ships have especially good crews!

I'm surprised you have to ask............ the crew makes the difference. They can make or break a cruise and it appears these ships have especially good crews!

But does the crew remain tied to a ship? I thought they have 6 month contracts, then some weeks or months off and then they come back for a new contract. Do they keep getting assigned to the same ship?

they have just changed it and from the 20 ships their customers like best 10 are from RCI this time.7 from Carnival and 1 each for Princess (Sapphire),HAL (Westerdam) and Disney (Wonder) Strange any Celebrity ships this time.

2) Mariner

4) Adventure

5)Brilliance

6)Freedom

7)Navigator

8)Liberty

11) Indy

13) Serenade

15) Voyager

17) Majesty

Funny thing about polls and rankings..................

Who asked whom, when and why.

For example, here from Conde Naste, from their READERS:

Top 10 Large-Ship Cruise Lines*

Rank

2007 Name Score

1 1 Crystal Cruises 90.67

2 2 Regent Seven Seas Cruises 88.71

3 4 Disney Cruise Line 82.50

4 3 Oceania Cruises 81.32

5 5 Cunard Line 80.07

6 6 Celebrity Cruises 78.37

7 7 Holland America 77.92

8 9 Princess Cruises 75.80

9 10 Royal Caribbean 73.09

10 - Norwegian Cruise Line 68.26

Top 10 Small-Ship Cruise Lines*

2008 Rank 2007 Name Score

1 3 Silversea Cruise 88.00

2 1 SeaDream Yacht Club 87.37

3 - Seabourn Cruise Line 86.17

4 6 Grand Circle Small Ship Cruises 85.88

5 - Lindblad Expeditions 84.32

6 5 Windstar Cruises 82.09

7 - Viking River Cruises 80.89

8 - Uniworld River Cruises 80.77

9 10 Peter Deilmann Cruises 77.38

10 - Star Clippers Cruises 74.54

* "-" means that the property was not among the top-ranked

in this category last year. *Source: Travel & Leisure

But does the crew remain tied to a ship? I thought they have 6 month contracts, then some weeks or months off and then they come back for a new contract. Do they keep getting assigned to the same ship?

...and not everyone on the ship is subjected to the same crew. I may have a great waiter and room attendant while my neighbor gets served by someone who is brand new, or not very friendly.

I guess I'm just a cynic when it comes to these polls.

I agree the crew make the difference and glad to see that Brilliance got a good rating. I would flip the ratings for Navigator and Voyager as both boats were fab but the sevice and crew on Voyager were much better

The cynic in me would question any ranking made by a TA.

Some TA's will rank according to what increases their level of profitability, not what is the "best" ship.

Not that I would ever suggest that this is the case in this example;):p

Archived