More questions...

I posted this on the First Time Cruisers but was told I would get a better response here, so here goes:

Very sorry about this list but I keep thinking about another thing to ask and i'm spending so much time searching these threads I thought it easier and quicker just to ask...

We are Cruising on RCCL Voyager of the Seas 12/07/09

1. What is best time to arrive at the port? We are sailing at 7pm and need to be checked in before 5.30pm.

2. What is the rules for taking juice on-board. This will be for my young nephew who cannot drink usual soda/juice so we are having to take quite a few bottles with us as we're pretty sure it wont be available to buy in Barcelona or any of the other ports.

3. What is set sail pass and how does it work? When I check-in online I believe I then get my set sail pass and luggage tags which I have to print off. If this correct?

4. Anyone know roughly what prices are like in the Beauty Spa?

Think that is all for now but I just know I will think of something else soon!

Many thanks

:) x

Hi

I am sure you will love your first cruise, it quickly becomes addictive! I'll try to answer some of your questions:-

1. We normally arrive at the port around 11am - we are then onboard in about 30 minutes. The cabins won't be ready until about 1 -2 pm however you can have lunch & explore the ship

2. You should be fine taking juice onboard, it's only alcohol they object to!

3. When you check-in online you will be able to print off the set-sail pass - think of it as your airline boarding pass which you then hand in at the check-in desk. Regarding the luggage tags, we have always received them in the post approx 3 weeks prior to sailing. Once checked in you will each be issued with a door key (know as a seapass), this will open your cabin door, however you also use it for any onboard purchases, whether that be in the shop, bars, spa etc.

4. I don't have all the spa prices, however I paid $49 for a hair up do and $119 for an hours massage.

Flights:

There is a link on the RCCL site that tells you the latest time you should set your plane flights and still get to the port. However, most flights from the US leave around 5:30pm US time and arrive in Barcelona around 9 or 10 am their time. (@ 3am US time)

When we were looking for our trip, we couldnt even find a direct flight that landed later than noon. (we ended up flying to Frankfurt then Barcelona because it was $1000 per ticket cheaper)

Juice:

The soda card includes juice so caryying your own really isn't necessary. My kids don't drink carbonated drinks and have never had a problem getting juice except on the Disney Cruise Line (go figure) They get to know the bartenders pretty well (which is scary now that they are teens)

Set Sail Pass:

This is the paper you will print when you complete your online check in. You no longer get luggage tags this way, evidently they tag your luggage at the port. Reason is that 90% of cruisers are completely unprepared and dont have proper tags so they were having to duplicate at the port anyway. I guess I am a 10%

Beauty spa:

Double the price at a nice salon at home. 20 years ago, I paid almost $70 to have my haircut on our honeymoon. I remember the price because it was the best money I spent on that cruise: my hair was waist length and I had it cut to my shoulders.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the help!

I have another question...

We have opted for late seating for dinner. Will we miss all of the evening shows/entertainment? If so we would like to change our seating, is this possible and how do we go about it?

Thank you!

All of the evening entertainment is scheduled around the 2 dinner seatings. There are 2 shows, 1 for early seating and 1 for late. Some evenings the show for 2nd sitting will be before dinner and sometimes after dinner.

If you still want to change seatings you need to go to the maitre'd who will be outside the dining room on the afternoon you board. They will try their best to accomodate your wishes.

Have a great cruise,

Julie

Thank you for all the help!

I have another question...

We have opted for late seating for dinner. Will we miss all of the evening shows/entertainment? If so we would like to change our seating, is this possible and how do we go about it?

Thank you!

I personally didn't rate the shows at all.

I loved the 70's night - Dancin In The Street and even made it onto RCTV for a 30 second slot of me and the wife grooving away to KC and The Sunshine Band :D

Archived