Beaches with tops on?

gapopes5

We all have seen nude people before, but I will have a 13 year old boy, a 13 year old girl and a almost 15 year old girl ( and grandmother who is 76) and I don't want grandmother or my husband to have a heart attack while on our cruise. So , what beach do we need to go to in St. Maarten where they have their tops on. We are going in December on the Carnival Dream for christmas. (HELP!!!!!!!!)

Yes, my husband thinks it could cause a heart attack. I told him he may see so many topless females he may just get dizzy and not have a heart attack. Now my 13 year old son, I just don't know how he would get the smile off his face. :)

LOL.. I'd bet you'd see more older, naked men

than beautiful topless women at a nude beach. ===> Yup!

In my experience, rarely do the truly beautiful bodies bare themselves in public. :cool:

Great shame really...it's usually the old and droopy

We're doing Le Gallion in August due to some in the group wanting to horseback ride. This reportedly is a family friendly beach. 13 year old nephew I am sure would prefer Orient Beach.

I am very interested in getting more information about Le Gallion from anyone who has been there. I went to Orient last trip and was not impressed - particularly with aggressive vendors selling their wares on the beach. Does anyone know if this occurs on all beaches? Also, does Le Gallion have amenities like snack bar, restrooms, ability to rent chairs, etc. And is this area where folks ride horses in the same location as where others are sunbathing? Thanks.

Le Gallion is known for it's shallow water, ideal for small kiddies. It has some services.

If you like Orient but not the aggressive beach vendors and many beach shacks selling everything, then locate at the Club Orient section at the Southern tip of the beach. NO beach vendors allowed and the only beach shack is The Perch, run by Club O, where drinks are 2/1 from 12:30 to 1:30 every afternoon. Of course there are countless clothing challenged people wandering around but you get used to it quick enough. And some visitors get the guts to go into the water and emulate the CO crowd, and wave their suits in the air like a towel.

As Aplmac notes, the hot young things sometime refuse to take their suits off, because they weigh 5 lbs more in their late 20's then when they were 18 and finishing up high school.

As Aplmac notes, the hot young things sometime refuse to take their suits off,

because they weigh 5 lbs more in their late 20's than when they were 18 and finishing up high school.

:eek: Tragedy! :eek: -----> :D

The only way to be 100% sure that you will not encounter boobs on the beach is to stay on the ship.

Why not just explain to him that he might see some topless ladies (and possibly nude men and women) and leave it at that. Tell him that it is a different culture than ours. Believe me, it will not be the first time that he has seen boobs, at least through pictures. And as noted before, it is highly unlikely that he will see boobs from anyone less than 60 years old.

.... And is this area where folks ride horses in the same location as where others are sunbathing? Thanks.

Brainstorming here -- how about a topless horseback riding tour???? Now THERE'S your excursion. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

On Orient Beach (great beach) which is a couple of miles long, the more exposed part will be to the right as you are looking at the water. The further left you go will be much more family oriented with almost no nudity. We have been there several times and once we saw no one topless as we stayed toward the left. The other times there were a few topless ladies. Dawn beach would be the best chance for no nudity and it is fairly close to the ship dock with a lot of activitiy and great snorkeling. We are sailing on RC Freedom of the Seas this Sunday with our family. This trip we are going to spend a few hours at Marigot and then take a taxi over to Dqawn Beach. I will have with me my wife, daughter age 24 and her girl friend also 24 who has never cruise before, my son age 29 and his wife to be. Hope everything works out for you.

We went to Little Divi beach which is a very short distance from the Big Bay where the town area of Philipsburg is. Didn't encounter any nudity or topless women at all there. Seemed very family oriented and not crowded.

jrcuel: We went to LeGalion when we were in SM last year. When we got there, about 9 a.m. or so, it was almost deserted and we were a little worried [the rest of the people in our van went to Orient]. A bit later the little bar/restaurant there opened and a few more people showed up. I think they were renting umbrellas/chairs, but we just sat on towels under the trees. It was very nice, though snorkeling wasn't good. We walked over to where the rocks jut out into the water and could see where Orient was; we thought about walking over there but we decided we were too lazy. That end would've been the nude or c/o end of the beach. There was one fairly young woman with a couple of little kids who was topless - no one seemed to pay any attention.

This beach is down the road from the horseback riding stable, but we saw no horses on the beach. Also down the road from the butterfly farm.

We had our driver come back at 12:30 to get us. We were a little bit concerned, because there weren't really any options for getting back to the ship if he didn't return [though I suppose you could call for a cab at the restaurant]. We needn't have worried - he was right on time.

We had a very nice, relaxing, inexpensive morning at the beach.

Sharks48 I personally could care less about either beach. We will be taking our 2 year old foster child on this cruise and this will be her first time on a ship or near a beach. So this one works for her. Personally I look forward to Maho Beach. We will be on a private tour with Bernard. I guess I will walk my nephew down towards Orient Beach. Hopefully he won;t get embarressed as DW says pitching a tent

On the Dutch side, St.Maarten ... where you dock ... it is very unlikely you'll see any topless. If you consider it a problem, stay on the Dutch side.

On the French side, St. Martin .... how much (sometimes much more than topeless) depends on where you go....

St. Maarten is a wonderful place! Whatever you do ... go and enjoy! :)

Archived