How Much Compensation?

Evon well said........can anyone tell me how to send posters to never never land.........please...cheers Shiona

Hi Shiona,

This is for everyone else as well.

Read the community guidelines

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#6

We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action.

I suggest you use it, where applicable,

and let the moderators decide.

i saw the 5pm news on ten & the 6pm news on 9 and they interviewed some paxs at brisbane and they were happy little vegemites, waving their cheques around and they had a good time

they also said they flew 25 nurses up to join the ship to check the other paxs for the swine flu

rkmw

Thanks David for bringing to our attention... i for one was unaware through my own fault of not reading guidelines....;):D :othat there was a much better way to deal with a flamer.....cheers Shiona

The best way is to use the "triangle" to report a problem post to us. We will take appropriate action if/when called for.

Unfortunately Cruise Lines and Airlines are targets of the media of which some of the travelling public hang on every word reported or published.

Sadly these days some people feel the need to milk the 'company' involved to death.

So many people want everything for nothing these days.

Some need to realise we don't live in a perfect world and sometimes things happen beyond anyones control....that's life!

Jillybean:)

Still don't completely see why P&O should be paying the refund. Don't get me wrong I think it is a good offer and yes some will like it some won't. But at the end of the day it is the NSW Health Department that gave them the all clear to sail and they even have their own staff on board. I'd like to see the passengers or P&O sue the NSW government for allowing this to happen. P&O now have to clean up the mess.

Hopefully everyone on this cruise has had a good time anyway (photos in paper look like they are), they've been fed, had their beds made, entertained, obc and now a refund. The bonus will be that they don't contract any illnesses.

I'm still looking forward to my cruises.

Cheers

Jingles.:)

Jingles

Don't quite see why they should sue the NSW Health Department, They said the ship was OK to sail with 3 crew in isolation so it would not spread. P&O did as requested and then the QLD government declined them permission to stop at any ports. Extraordinary proceedures were taken to prove the swine flu was aboard and spreading and after a week of testing not one extra case was found aboard.To me the blame lies entirely north of the border.

Maybe we should stop the PD from ever going up north.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have cruised a few times with P&O Australia, read about a few ship breakdowns and experienced one. If you read the condition fine print you will find that they can change the itinerary, ship etc without any notice or compensation.

From my experience with P&O Australia they have always been very reasonable. If you get some on board credit for a missed port then you should be thankful as you will find that they don't need to give you anything. They do so as goodwill.

On all of our cruises there were the usual minority of whingers that wanted refunds for just about anything they could dream up. On one occassion an old couple wanted a full refund for a shore tour because the bus was a few minutes late arriving.

We missed a port of call and received $75 onboard credit. But if I hadn't I wouldn't have made a song and dance about it either.

Remember be happy if you receive a bonus, but remember to read the contract you signed.

Archived