Dining Room Waitlist

We're currently waitlisted for the early seating in the MDR on the Mariner (on the 6/7) and am wondering what the chances of actually getting this confirmed are. We'll have 2 little ones with us and they won't make it until 8:30 to have dinner. Has anyone had any experience with this and when we might hear back?

Thanks!

There is a new feature called Family My Time Dining. Call RCCL and ask about it, or do a search on this board about it. Sounds like it would be good for you, because it accelerates the service to get the kiddees fed quickly. However, you might want to just do My Time Dining, which lets you choose your time to eat.

In any case, go to the dining room when you board and find out when and where the maitre 'd is taking dining change requests. It's usually around 1PM. Tell him your situation, and I'm sure he will work something out for you, or suggest what I have above.

Also, you can email rcl_dining@rccl.com and make your request through them tomorrow. They work on the requests a week before the cruise, and you might find they can take care of you next week.

It's hard to say what your chances are... there are so many factors involved. I've got two suggestions for you...

1. Send an email (or have your TA send one if you have one) to Dining Management at RCCL (rcldining@rccl.com). Explain your situation to them and ask if it's possible for them to help you. I'd do this as soon as possible.

2. If you can't get Main Dining, you might want to consider doing My Time Dining. You can go to the My Time area once you are on the ship and sign up. You'll need to prepay tips when you sign up. At that point you can set up a standing reservation for your group every night and still have the same wait staff every night.

Hope that helps... Enjoy your cruise on Mariner, we'll be getting off when you are getting on. :)

We're currently waitlisted for the early seating in the MDR on the Mariner (on the 6/7) and am wondering what the chances of actually getting this confirmed are. We'll have 2 little ones with us and they won't make it until 8:30 to have dinner. Has anyone had any experience with this and when we might hear back?

Thanks!

I have been waitlisted for main several times and I always got in (with 5 people). I would go to check my online reservation and it would be changed from 'waitlist' to 'main'. I think people switch around up until the last minute.

We booked the Navigator a few weeks ago and were told at timeof booking that we could only be put on the Waiting List for second seating.

I emailed rcl_dining@rccl.com that same day with a very polite pleading request that we be moved and got a nice email back within a couple of hours to say that we were confirmed for second seating. I check on "my cruises" and it had indeed been changed, confirming no wait list.

Thanks all for the advice. I've sent an email and will speak with the maitre d once we board to confirm.

Just an FYI, when I was told the early seating wasn't available, I asked for My Time Dining instead and was told that wasn't available either and that I'd have to be waitlisted. Only problem was that they could only waitlist us for either My Time or early seating, but not both. From the posts though it sounds like My Time is something that's available to everyone and not necessarily "assigned." Is that the case or am I just confusing things?

Thanks all for the advice. I've sent an email and will speak with the maitre d once we board to confirm.

Just an FYI, when I was told the early seating wasn't available, I asked for My Time Dining instead and was told that wasn't available either and that I'd have to be waitlisted. Only problem was that they could only waitlist us for either My Time or early seating, but not both. From the posts though it sounds like My Time is something that's available to everyone and not necessarily "assigned." Is that the case or am I just confusing things?

You are correct. My Time Dining allows you some flexibility for your timing. You sign up for it instead of an assigned table.

I would call back again and check on FAMILY My Time Dining. It's a new program, and you might be able to get in there. You'll be served a lot faster, because it's planned around....well.......getting the kids fed and out of the dining room, to be honest with you!! :D

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but you do need to be signed up for My Time dining... You can't just walk into that part of the dining room and have dinner there whenever you'd like if you are signed up for traditional seating.

They do have limits on the amount of people that can sign up because they can only accommodate so many in that area of the dining room.

Elleluv - yes the TA had said the same thing - that we'd have to sign up for My Time Dining just as we would for traditional dining time.

I just got a reply back from RCL to my email asking for the early dining. She said they couldn't accommodate the request. I'm really hoping they'll be able to do this for us on board either for an early seating or My Time. I'm gonna be so bummed if we can't have any meals in the MDR :-(

One last question, is My Time Dining different from FAMILY My Time Dining?

Thanks!

Elleluv - yes the TA had said the same thing - that we'd have to sign up for My Time Dining just as we would for traditional dining time.

I just got a reply back from RCL to my email asking for the early dining. She said they couldn't accommodate the request. I'm really hoping they'll be able to do this for us on board either for an early seating or My Time. I'm gonna be so bummed if we can't have any meals in the MDR :-(

Thanks!

Yes, same concept, but they organize the eating times around children. I believe it's even earlier than the usual First Seating. Ask about it.

Thanks!

MyTime is different than Family Time... For Family Time you have to be signed up for first seating... they get your kids through dinner within 40 or 45 minutes and then someone from Adventure Ocean picks the kids up at the dining room doors so you can finish your dinner at leisure.

Just because you got the email back saying they couldn't accommodate your request stateside, doesn't mean that they won't be able to do it once you get on the ship... You've still got 2 options I can think of...

1) Check with the Maitre'd on board when you first get on the ship to see if they can switch you to early seating.

2) If not, then gGo to the My Time Dining area on Deck 5 to see about signing up for the My Time Dining option

I hope one of those 2 options will work for you... If not, the Windjammer is always a possibility. My sister actually prefers that to traditional seating when we sail with her and her kids.

Please let us know how it works out...

Are you Crown & Anchor Members?

When I was waitlisted for Main Dining, I called Crown & Anchor and when they saw that we were Diamond and Platinum members, she said that we would probably get our request. We had Main seating locked in within the week. I don't know if that works for everybody, but it's worth a try.

Are you Crown & Anchor Members?

When I was waitlisted for Main Dining, I called Crown & Anchor and when they saw that we were Diamond and Platinum members, she said that we would probably get our request. We had Main seating locked in within the week. I don't know if that works for everybody, but it's worth a try.

Diamond Members have priority waitlist as one of their benefits... I have found that my Diamond and Diamond Plus clients get cleared more quickly from the waitlist than clients who aren't.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope RCL was able to accommodate your request. We sent them an email a day ago for our upcoming cruise asking for the same thing. Just got a reply back saying we were confirmed for Main Dining. Checked our reservation...sure enough the change was made. Yeah!!:)

Archived