Last minute question.

We're off on our first cruise tomorrow, on the Zuiderdam doing the 7 day inside passage Alaska trip.

I know that a lot of you are really experienced cruisers, and always willing to share your expertise, so I'm sure that some one can answer my questions.

How early can I get coffee?

I am an early riser - usually up by 6 am. whereas my hubby likes to sleep in a little.

Will there be anyplace to get a coffee at that time in the morning, and also, are there any exercise facilities open at that time, or will I just be walking around the deck for early morning exercise?

Thanking you in advance for your comments on this one.

I'm so excited to be going - just one more sleep!

Check your daily paper ... it'll show you where and what time the Early Risers coffee and danish will be. I'm never up at that hour, but 6 or 6:30 sounds right to me ... others will be along to confirm things.

If you're after cardio exercise, walking around the deck while viewing Alaska is superior IMO to being on a treadmill in the gym....lol.

Bon Voyage. You'll love Zuiderdam and you'll ADORE Alaska ...

The Lido usually has coffee/continental breakfast starting at 6 am. The Workout areas also usually open at 6am. One of the pleasures for me, is being to walk around watching us approach a port. But I have also been the first into the workout room as it opens.

If you have an early port- such as being able to get off the ship by 7pm, the Lido will start serving full breakfast earlier.

As mentioned, this will be posted in your daily schedule.

Have fun on your cruise! We will be on the Westerdam in just about 2 weeks doing the same trip. Can't wait! I'd love to hear about your trip when you return.

I'll definitely post about the trip when we get back.

Thank you all for the info. I knew that I would be able to get answers on this site. You are such a knowledgeable bunch of cruisers.

Coffee and tea are available in the Lido 24 hrs. a day. There were several days when it was too cold/windy to walk outdoors. In fact, it was so dangerous one day that outside entrance to the Lower Prom deck was blocked.

Roz

Coffee and tea are available in the Lido 24 hrs. a day. There were several days when it was too cold/windy to walk outdoors. In fact, it was so dangerous one day that outside entrance to the Lower Prom deck was blocked.

Roz

Not a fan of HAL's (or ANY cruiseline's standard coffee). If I'm up before the Explorations Cafe is open will always settle for the tea. It's pretty difficult to screw-up a tea bag.:D

HAL, being based in Seattle, always used the dark roasted coffee that's so popular in the Northwest. This was before the rest of the country was exposed to Starbucks. :D You either like it, or you don't. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground(s). (Pun intended ;) )

Roz

Not a fan of HAL's (or ANY cruiseline's standard coffee). If I'm up before the Explorations Cafe is open will always settle for the tea. It's pretty difficult to screw-up a tea bag.:D

I guess you have not read any tea discussions on CC yet! Tea lovers get as bent out of shape as coffee lovers do. :D

Wow! I've missed the tea discussions, also. What is there to complain about? HAL has lots of different flavors to choose from. I know in the dining room, however, sometimes, the water isn't hot.

Wow! I've missed the tea discussions, also. What is there to complain about? HAL has lots of different flavors to choose from. I know in the dining room, however, sometimes, the water isn't hot.

Water isn't hot enough... tea bags vs loose tea... yada yada yada.

Water isn't hot enough... tea bags vs loose tea... yada yada yada.

And don't forget the comments about the people who are seen filching a dozen or so teabags and absconding with them ...

Archived