The World's Longest and Most Picture Laden Miracle Review Ever! May 24-June 1

Nicole721

Thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. I read your last Miracle review as well. Because of all your well-balanced and positive comments, we booked our first Carnival cruise ever on the Miracle, sailing next January. You talked us into it! :D One question, you did not mention the room temperature in your cabin this trip (at least not thus far). Was it okay? In your January review you mentioned several times how hot your cabin was. Just wondering if it was better this time. Thank you.

Thank you! I think you'll love the Miracle...we obviously do! The room temp was better this cruise, but we still had problems. I think it might be because our balcony door wouldn't full close (you could push it open without turning the handle). It would usually get hot really early in the morning (around 5am), but we'd be fine at night.

OK, the weekend's over. Let's get cracking with part 9! lol

Looking forward to your next masterpiece. Sha

It's up. And it took me the better part of 5 hours to finish! Blahhhhh. My eyes hurt.

You are painting some beautiful pictures with your words. Can't wait for part 9!

Those are very kind words. Thanks very much :)

Another great addition! Thanks! Looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you...it's up!

Nicole,

I have enjoyed your blog so very much. You are a very talented writer. I look forward to each installment and I can hardly wait until you go on a trip again just to read your blog.

Sorry to go off topic but I would love to know your top suggestions on restaurants in Chicago. My sisters and I love visiting Chicago (we go twice a year) for shopping and enjoying all the fine restaurants in Chicago. I would love to know what are your top recommendations on restaurants in Chicago.

Again, Thank you for the wonderful blogs. I enjoy them thoroughly. :)

Thank you so much! We're heading out to dinner and I just wanted to get on here really fast, but I just wanted to respond to let you know I saw this and I'm not ignoring it. I'll post with some recommendations tonight :)

Nicole, where's part 9? I'm having withdrawals!!!

Sorry for the withdrawls DMan! Stephanie's birthday is tomorrow and we spent Saturday shopping for her gifts while she was at a concert and yesterday we had a pre-birthday celebration at the Melting Pot and I didn't have much time to write. And then the Lakers game was on and I love my sports ;)

But it's up now! Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Nicole721

Part 9 is up!!!

Let me know if the pics are too big. Stephanie told me they were getting cut off because they were too big. I tried to resize them but I don't know if it worked.

Also, there is a LOT of pictures in this one. And it's super long. It took me almost five hours to finish between writing it, editing it and getting the pictures ready. So it may not make much sense towards the end. But I'll say this: if you've never been to the Atlantis resort before, pull up your chair because I did a pictorial tour of it. Also, if you're a fan of Nassau, you want to skip this one because I hate Nassau LOL.

Part 9: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-9.html

Part 8: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-8.html

Part 7: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-7.html

Part 6: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-6.html

Part 5: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-5.html

Part 4: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-4.html

Part 3: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-3.html

Part 2: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-2.html

Part 1: http://sunglassesandumbrelladrinks.blogspot.com/2009/06/worlds-longest-miracle-review-part-1.html

Edit: The food pics need to be resized so they're down. They'll be back up within the hour.

Edited by Nicole721

Nicole:

Just want to say how much I've enjoyed this review & your others. We'll be on the Miracle for the first time in November, but have another planned for 10/2010. We have our 1st suite as well, an aft wrap, and we're really psyched. We want to try Nick & Nora's twice on our next cruise, as we enjoyed Harry's so uch on the Liberty.

What you experianced in Nassau is really just Tropical weather. Living here in Key West, I can tell you we welcome the daily thunderstorm as it cools us off for awhile and waters our plants. Summer in the tropics means daily thunderstorms, usually in the evening, because of the land heat and water temp building up.....I never truly understood the meterorololgy of it, but there it is.:rolleyes: Here is a pic of a somewhat often summer occurance - a water spout... just over my building where I work...yet not too close!

ry%3D400

We were recently in Nassau on the Imagination & spent the day at the Wyndham for $49/per & enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Pool, lunch, facilities all included. My 78 yo Mom loved it.

Keep up the good review!

Nicole,

I am very much enjoing the blog, I will be cruising the Miracle in Sept. My first cruise. You have given me a lot of good ideas and suggestions. I look forward to my morning coffee and blog reading :)

Do you happen to have copies of the capers? My group has been looking for them for awhile now and no one seems to have a good copy.

Anna

Another great installment Nicole. I agree, I don't care for Nausau either. We ended up there once when our itinerary got changed and we didn't find out about it until the last minute (our fault, not the ships) and all the excursions were gone for Atlantis. We just walked around town for a bit and went to the straw market. Never again. If we ever end up in Nausau again I'm doing the aquarium tour like you did or stay on the ship and enjoy the quite. At least I won't feel like I'm about to be set upon as I walked down the street. And we had nice weather;):D;)

It's up. And it took me the better part of 5 hours to finish! Blahhhhh. My eyes hurt.

My goodness! Thanks for taking the time to post the reviews. I didn't think it would take that long. I'm sure that I am not the only one who appreciates it. :)

Hi Nicole,

What a great review! You sure covered EVERYTHING and made it so interesting to read. Thanks for posting all those fantastic pictures to go along with the review. I won't be on the Miracle until January, but I felt like I was right onboard with you during your cruise. Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Cindy

Hi Nicole,

What a great review! You sure covered EVERYTHING and made it so interesting to read. Thanks for posting all those fantastic pictures to go along with the review. I won't be on the Miracle until January, but I felt like I was right onboard with you during your cruise. Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Cindy

Hi Cindy

We are just going to miss you on the Miracle, Cindy and I are going on Feb 8. Hope you have been well.

Steve

Nicole...I don't know you and I rarely even look at the Carnie boards, having never cruised with Carnie, but somehow I found your review and have been reading it every day since you posted Par 1. You're doing a great job. I just wish you'd type faster, lol...Just finished Part 9.

(I DO wish I could meet you and shake you and say TASTE NEW FOODS BEFORE YOU DECIDE YOU HATE THEM...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!)

Other than that, keep up the great work.

(And yeah, quite a few pix didn't come out on part 9 for some reason...mostly the ones closer to the end.)

-Amy

Nicole, I have a stupid question and please forgive me. But when it comes to keeping time, does the ship keep the same time as each port? When you get off should I go by local time or Miracle's time. Sorry, but I have never cruised before. Also, DH and I are in our mid 30's and like to party. What kind of music is played on the ship and in the discos. I am desk dancing already. I am ready to leave now. Especially after reading your blog. I cannot wait. I wake up looking forward to your blog and wondering if you have added anymore, and if not re-read the parts I read already.

Hi Nicole,

The only thing I can't stand about your review is that I have to wait so long in between each part:mad: and that it makes me so anxious to get back on the Miracle. We are not going until next year:mad: I just can't wait!!!!

All kidding aside, thanks for all of your hard work. It is so great, especially all of the pictures.

Nicole,

I have enjoyed your blog so very much. You are a very talented writer. I look forward to each installment and I can hardly wait until you go on a trip again just to read your blog.

Sorry to go off topic but I would love to know your top suggestions on restaurants in Chicago. My sisters and I love visiting Chicago (we go twice a year) for shopping and enjoying all the fine restaurants in Chicago. I would love to know what are your top recommendations on restaurants in Chicago.

Again, Thank you for the wonderful blogs. I enjoy them thoroughly. :)

Nicole isn't feeling very well today (I think its because once again we are experiencing some yucky weather.... when is summer going to start?!?), but she wanted me to help her answer your question. I don't know where you are looking to go (downtown, wrigleyville, 'burbs, etc) but here are a few of our favorite places:

-Carson's: they have famous ribs, and their potatoes au gratin are AMAZING!

-RJ Grunts near Lincoln Park Zoo: it looks like kind of a hole in the wall, but it has a 70's hippie vibe and a great salad bar. In the winter get the temperature soup... whatever you pay what the temperature is and no, they will not GIVE you money to eat when its below zero but it is a bargain LOL

-Food Life in Watertower: I guess I would describe it as kind of gourmet cafeteria style food... they have stations for all different types of cuisine so you can mix and match southern bbq, mexican, asian, etc etc... all the food is very fresh and very good

-Superdawg drive-in: in my opinion the best chicago style dogs you can find, very kitchy place, honestly just google it and you will see what I mean!

-Ed Debevic's: 50's style diner, waiters are characters and dance on the countertops, very fun experience

A lot of the really gourmet resturants are under the Lettuce Entertain You group, so I would just look around their website (www.leye.com). All of the places I listed are fairly casual. Tonight we're going to a newer place for my birthday, Texas de Brazil, a brazillian steakhouse in Schaumburg, but the one downtown I heard is spectacular (they have a 2 story wine cellar that is visible from the resturant and they hire a trapeze artist to retreve the bottles of wine and perform for the patrons). I'll have Nicole let you know how it went :)

Glad to read Part 9! I saw the lady doing laps in the aft pool too. She was there for quite a while too. I didn't like downtown Nassau either- I felt like I was shopping in Manhattan.We were there only a little while thanks to the weather. We got soaked too despite taking the shuttle to the boat. We ate in Nick and Nora's and I was surprised to see it so empty too. It was good- I wished the MDR had the same breads and dip.I have to say I loved the bitter and blanc dessert.Wish I was having some right now!

Nicole I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I have really enjoyed and appreciated your review and all the hard work you have put into it. I have also noticed how close you and Stephanie are and I think that is very cool. Feel better, and I now have a place to look for vacations. I am hooked on your blog.

Hi Steve,

So nice to see your post. Mort and I will be on the Miracle Jan. 23rd. Too bad we'll miss each other. We sailed on the Eurodam this past January. I only had time to look at 1/2 of your Caribbean Princess photos. You and Cindy look the same as when we were all on the Legend. Are you still in touch with Pat? When the Florida Marlins played the Toronto Blue Jays this past week, I thought of you. Maybe you were at the games to see us sweep your team? :D

Cindy

Nicole isn't feeling very well today (I think its because once again we are experiencing some yucky weather.... when is summer going to start?!?), but she wanted me to help her answer your question. I don't know where you are looking to go (downtown, wrigleyville, 'burbs, etc) but here are a few of our favorite places:

-Carson's: they have famous ribs, and their potatoes au gratin are AMAZING!

-RJ Grunts near Lincoln Park Zoo: it looks like kind of a hole in the wall, but it has a 70's hippie vibe and a great salad bar. In the winter get the temperature soup... whatever you pay what the temperature is and no, they will not GIVE you money to eat when its below zero but it is a bargain LOL

-Food Life in Watertower: I guess I would describe it as kind of gourmet cafeteria style food... they have stations for all different types of cuisine so you can mix and match southern bbq, mexican, asian, etc etc... all the food is very fresh and very good

-Superdawg drive-in: in my opinion the best chicago style dogs you can find, very kitchy place, honestly just google it and you will see what I mean!

-Ed Debevic's: 50's style diner, waiters are characters and dance on the countertops, very fun experience

A lot of the really gourmet resturants are under the Lettuce Entertain You group, so I would just look around their website (www.leye.com). All of the places I listed are fairly casual. Tonight we're going to a newer place for my birthday, Texas de Brazil, a brazillian steakhouse in Schaumburg, but the one downtown I heard is spectacular (they have a 2 story wine cellar that is visible from the resturant and they hire a trapeze artist to retreve the bottles of wine and perform for the patrons). I'll have Nicole let you know how it went :)

Stephanie,

Thank you so much for the suggestions. We keep to mostly the city but we enjoy Lincoln Park as well as Old Town. We belong to the Lettuce Entertain You group and collect points because everytime we are in Chicago we go to one or more of the Lettuce Entertain You restaurants. We are trying to hit them all (we especially like Cafe Ba Ba Reeba and really enjoy foodlife) My sister went to Texas de Brazil in River North and loved it. I hope you enjoy your birthday. Please give my get well wishes to Nicole and thank you so much for the suggestions. We haven't tried Carsons from your list so we might have to try them next :). We love Chicago and enjoy visiting any chance we get. But maybe summer is taking its time to reach Chicago we will send it your way from St Louis it's supposed to be 97 deg Thursday (hot and humid -- summer in St. Louis what else) Again thank you and we will be waiting to hear how your family enjoyed Texas de Brazil.