Can this be done when booking rooms

Its me, DW, DD2, DD5 and Grandma and Grandpa...my travel agent said to save money I could book two rooms 3 in each, rather than 4 in one and 2 in the other. I guess because I want to have adjoining rooms that its better to do 3 and 3.

She said that once on board we can move people around...is that right?

I dont want my parents to be stuck with one of the kids...LOL

Its me, DW, DD2, DD5 and Grandma and Grandpa...my travel agent said to save money I could book two rooms 3 in each, rather than 4 in one and 2 in the other. I guess because I want to have adjoining rooms that its better to do 3 and 3.

I don't see where it makes much difference - the first two people in a room pay a certain rate, while the 3rd and 4th pay a lower rate. But, yes, you can certainly move people around once on board - they really don't care who sleeps where.

I don't see where it makes much difference - the first two people in a room pay a certain rate, while the 3rd and 4th pay a lower rate. But, yes, you can certainly move people around once on board - they really don't care who sleeps where.

This is true...3rd & 4th person is the same rate!

There is no problem. Just make sure you put each person on the correct credit card for themselves. Also you can request a key without charging capability for the girls so they can come and go as they please without the chance of them loosing their cards that have nformation on them.

We always got an extra key for m father in law who had a memory problem when he cruised with us.

I dont want my parents to be stuck with one of the kids...LOL

With 6 people you might want to see how the Family Stateroom prices out. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.

I think you are better off doing 4 and 2. The price should be the same. But if you do 3 and 3 then you will most likely only have 3 beds in each room so you will not have enough beds if you change it up to be 4 and 2. although it does seem less likely to get adjoining rooms this way.

wouldnt want to do all 6 my dad snores...lol

not sure why - its weird how each TA has a different deal - for instance, if i book on travelocity, i can get $200 cash back and almost $300 on OBC but no one else can give me that.

Not sure about that TA, lol. Grandma & grandpa & kid plus you two and a kid would be the same grand total price as the two of you in a cabin with both kids and grandma and grandpa alone.

Now, if there's a senior discount, you should definitely split the grandparents up on the initial reservation.

Let us know what happens!

It looks like if (and please correct me if I am wrong), as long as there is one senoir in the room, you can save around $150 per 1st and 2nd passenger...

Is this right?

It looks like if (and please correct me if I am wrong), as long as there is one senoir in the room, you can save around $150 per 1st and 2nd passenger...

Is this right?

Well I don't know what all the prices are that you're dealing with but yes, their policy is if there's ONE person over 55 in the room, then both get the same lowered rate. It's the same with their residency rate discounts and military discounts.

That's a nice feature, I must say.

Archived