"LIVE" from Norwegian SPIRIT / June 5, 2009

Radio

i never did hear how you liked the Granduer????????

How did the cruise with the girls go?

did you enjoy the captain announcements..

Hey Radio take your time getting off the ship... have a nice loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong breakfast..

Paul

Paul,

We LOVED the Grandeur and had a fantastic time!

I was planning on doing a 'live' report (nothing like Radio's, but a mini one). I didn't have time and never even signed up for internet. We never stopped, and stayed up until 4 AM almost every night and woke up around 7 or 8 AM. Boy, I can't do those 'girl's cruises' very often! :eek:

We all enjoyed the Captain's announcements! He was a riot and I ended up meeting him at the buffet. Nice man, love his sense of humor!

We made our own Freestyle cruising on RC. :D There are a bunch of pics in my webshots albums. The Grandeur is a beautiful ship and our balcony was to die for!!! I thought the food was very good too.

Thanks for asking.

Jackie

Hello everyone. . .

I just returned from a fabulous dinner tonight with the Captain, and his Sr. Officers. It was a delightful dinner, as well as wonderful conversation.

Among the Ships Officers were also 4 other Cruise Critic friends.(I will post their names, if they give me a thumbs up !)

I was so honored to be invited to this event at Cagney’s. It was evident that the Sr. Staff of NCL really, really cares about the passenger comfort, and satisfaction. They asked questions constantly (and even took notes) Thanks NCL for inviting me.

. . .

Are you able to post who else was at dinner with you and the staff? I'm assuming Sean was one of the officers.

And thanks again for taking us all with, it was such a large cabin!!

Tom

Radio,

Thank you so very much for this LIVE thread on your cruise. It is bittersweet having your cruise come to an end today. I have so enjoyed reading (to the point that I was checking a few times each day for updated info/pics) that it has helped build my enthusiasm for my cruise. Of course, having you back means that my vacation will be starting soon. :D

As a newbie to the cruise world, the information you have provided has been invaluable. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Sherri

Hello everyone. . . I left the ship at about 1045AM. When I left the ship, NCL Security told me that there were only 14 people left onboard.

I drove about 5 hrs to my hotel for the evening in PA. I only have about 3 hours left tomorrow. I should have all of the Freestyle dailies posted by Wednesday.

I met with 4 of the Senior Staff on the way off the ship today, and said so long. they all read Cruise Critic, and asked for links to my "LIVE" Posts !

(of course, I gave it to them ;))

I told them that I am sure I will return, but in may be on the 7 Night Caribbean from N.O.

Here are a few more pics as I walked around today when most passengers have debarked.

I am sure as I go through all of the photos I took, that I may post a few more here and there.

Thanks again for all of the nice comments !

Radio

My Cabin / Port Side BA 11552

F11.JPG

Raffles Buffet getting ready for new passengers today

FF14.JPG

The Pool Area is getting ready for many passengers today

FF12.JPG

The Four Musketeers ! (L-R)

Hotel Director, Sean Wurmhoeringer

Food and Beverage Manager, Bernhard Schindlauer

Executive Housekeeper Ralph Lawson

Concierge, Bruce Van Der Boon

FF10.JPG

So long Norwegian Spirit . . . I am sure I will see you again !

FF11.JPG

Radio,

Thanks for your Lives. They are always so informative and of course the pictures add a lot to your Lives. Do you use a program to post your pictures to and then attach them from that program to your posting on CC? Care to share your secret?

I'm proud of you only 14 left??? lol

when you've the time i'd love to hear your impressions of the cruise terminal and accessibility as one who has travelled to many cruiseports.

being a "homie" i'm quite proud of our cruiseport and how easy it is to get to it. we're building a new section to it shortly and hopefully it will get even better. thanks again and safe 2nd leg of your journey home.

Paul

Radio,

Thanks for your Lives. They are always so informative and of course the pictures add a lot to your Lives. Do you use a program to post your pictures to and then attach them from that program to your posting on CC? Care to share your secret?

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I just load all of the pics to my FTP Server, and link to them from Cruise Critic.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If we get to the terminal in Boston at 12:30, is that enough time?

Yes, you will have no worries if you get to the Cruise Terminal at 12:30 !

Radio

Thanks for the nice comments. . .I just load all of the pics to my FTP Server, and link to them from Cruise Critic.

Radio

What is a FTP Server? Sorry for all the questions but would like to learn how to do it as easy as you seem to do it.:D

What is a FTP Server? Sorry for all the questions but would like to learn how to do it as easy as you seem to do it.:D

My FTP Server hosts all of my photos. You can up load your pics to any server: Webshots, Fotki, Photobucket. . . and link to them from Cruise Critic.

Radio

My FTP Server hosts all of my photos. You can up load your pics to any server: Webshots, Fotki, Photobucket. . . and link to them from Cruise Critic.

Radio

I have used Photobucket before to post photos from home. Just thought you had an even easier way from your wifi. Thanks!

Thank you Radio for your wonderful reports and pictures. You make all of us excited about our upcoming cruises.

I was concerned when I read what time you left the ship. We have a 12:55 flight out of Logan. I had heard that you needed to be at the airport 2 hours early. that means 10:55. Not sure that I can do walk off with my Mom but may have to try.

Radio,we had 5 folks on the 5/29 sailing,I have been all over cruise critic during your trip and very much enjoyed your insight and photos. In fact,I have been using your photos for my wallpaper. I only had 20 miles or so to get home,hope you have a safe trip and look forward to your future reports!

Thank you Radio for your wonderful reports and pictures. You make all of us excited about our upcoming cruises.

I was concerned when I read what time you left the ship. We have a 12:55 flight out of Logan. I had heard that you needed to be at the airport 2 hours early. that means 10:55. Not sure that I can do walk off with my Mom but may have to try.

You can leave the ship as early as 9:15AM. . .

Have a great cruise !

Radio

Radio

Great pics Radio! There is one picture you took that I do not see in your Bermuda Album. It's the first picture shown in post # 86 of this thread and it's titled "Norwegian Spirit from the Maritime Museum". I would love to have a high-resolution version of that photo to post on my computer desktop so I could see it every morning until my Spirit cruise in November. Any chance that you could upload or e-mail me a high-res copy of that picture? Thanks for making us feel like we were cruising on the Spirit all week.

Thank you Radio for offering this daily diary. My husband and I will be sailing on August 7th for our 15th wedding anniversary and we can't wait! Your pictures and commentary have been amazing. We do have a question about scooters. We definitely want to rent one but have heard all of the horror stories so I'm I little worried. You had one; any problems?? I'm assuming that is probably the best way to see Bermuda but don't want to make that choice if it is not a good one. Can you provide some advice? Thanks again!:D

We are also sailing on 8/7 with many of my family members. Check out the Roll Call if you have a chance.

Great pics Radio! There is one picture you took that I do not see in your Bermuda Album. It's the first picture shown in post # 86 of this thread and it's titled "Norwegian Spirit from the Maritime Museum". I would love to have a high-resolution version of that photo to post on my computer desktop so I could see it every morning until my Spirit cruise in November. Any chance that you could upload or e-mail me a high-res copy of that picture? Thanks for making us feel like we were cruising on the Spirit all week.

Yeah , I still have to add lots of pics to my album. . .

Most of these are pics that were never posted on my "LIVE" thread.

I should have it completed in a few days.

Radio

Thank you for a great Live report. The pictures reminded me of why I love the Spirit so much. I am very glad that she is leaving out of Boston.

I have left out of Boston on the Majesty and the Dream in previous years. The embarkation process seems different than before. There were porters that took your bags right away and we just walked in to check in. What was the long line about? You had a picture of it way back in day 1.

Thank you for a great Live report. The pictures reminded me of why I love the Spirit so much. I am very glad that she is leaving out of Boston.

I have left out of Boston on the Majesty and the Dream in previous years. The embarkation process seems different than before. There were porters that took your bags right away and we just walked in to check in. What was the long line about? You had a picture of it way back in day 1.

When I left the ship yesterday, at around 10:45, there were no long luggage drop off lines, but there was a long line waiting to get in to the terminal.

When I was there last week, I arrived about noonish, and there was a long long luggage drop off line but no line waiitng to get in too the terminal.

(The other line was at the check in stations)

Radio

Archived