"LIVE" from Norwegian SPIRIT / June 5, 2009

Radio

Radio-- I asked a question a few days ago about the MDR menus--if they are now like the Dawn --a fixed menu with one daily special for dinner--and a fixed men that does not change for lunch??

Also has the Cagney's lunch menu for suite/VIP guests changed to a fixed lunch menu that does not change on a daily basis--this is being reported on several NCL ships? Thanks Big Green

Sorry Big Green, I missed a few questions. . . .

Cagney's offered a fixed menu daily for lunch and Breakfast.

I only went to the MDR twice, (Once in Windows, and once in the Garden), aI never went there for lunch, so I am unable to answer that question.

I will send an email to my contact onboard see if I can get the answer.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sorry big green, i missed a few questions. . . .

Cagney's offered a fixed menu daily for lunch and breakfast.

I only went to the mdr twice, (once in windows, and once in the garden), ai never went there for lunch, so i am unable to answer that question.

I will send an email to my contact onboard see if i can get the answer.

Radio

Thanks radio-- I am curious as the fixed menus in the MDRs on the Dawn and Cagney's on several ships are receiving mixed reviews.

I am disappointed that the Cagney's lunch menu wil stay the same- this perk is one reason I booked suites. On my next cruise which is on the Spirit I will let the hotel director know my opinon on this.

Thanks

big green

Hi Radio

I'm trying to plan something special for my parent's 40th anniversary on board. Do you have a name of someone I can contact to help me with this?

Thanks

Yes you just send the Group Event Coordinator an email with your request. . .

Norwegian Spirit = groupeventspirit@ncl.com

Just change the name of the Ship, to send the email. be sure to include your Sail Date, Ship Name, and reservation #

Radio

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Spirit Grand Centrum

GG3.JPG

Spirit Grand Centrum

S22.JPG

Entrance to Art Gallery

S4.JPG

Radio, Thank you again for taking us along on the Spirit, she looks absolutely beautiful. Hopefully, next year I can convince my family to try the Spirit. I can't wait until Aug. 2 when you lucky fella, you get to cruise again and we get to join you.:D Have another wonderful cruise and thank you for everything you do to encourage cruising, there is no other way to travel:p Julie

WOW, the spirit looks so neat. I would love to try a cruise on her out of NOLA sometime.

Radio, your pictures are fantastic. One little point, maybe a few more showing the typical cruisers using the venues. I love to get a feel of how crowded or uncrowded places are. The empty, beautiful set up ones are great to see the room then I like to see it in use too. Minor detail, but I did note how many comments were made on the pool picture regarding lounge availablity so others like to see that too.

Great review, I try to catch all your live reports!!!

WOW, the spirit looks so neat. I would love to try a cruise on her out of NOLA sometime.

You could always join us on our Spirit cruise November 29. Week after Thanksgiving and the prices are very good.

I love to cruise out of NOLA right after Thanksgiving. City is decorated for Christmas. Makes for a great festive cruise.

Dianne

Hello everyone. . . My Photo Album has been updated with most of the pics from my Cruise, including

Bermuda, Cabins, Ship, Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, and Norwegian Spirit.

They can be found HERE.

I should have the Freestyle Dailies up soon !

Radio

Norwegian Spirit

C6.JPG

Windows Restaurant

M18.JPG

Sunny Promenade

W19.JPG

I'm waiting axiously for the Freestyle dailies. You have made me so excited for the 17th of July (one month from today but who's counting:D)

One more thing, do you know the cabin number of the deluxe penthouse that you took pictures of?? Could it have been 10502??

The Freestyle Dailies have just been posted and can be viewed HERE.

Here is a sneak peek !

Radio

Norwegian Spirit Freestyle Daily (June 5, 2009)

D1P1.JPG

Debarkation Freestyle Daily

DEBARKPG1.JPG

Thank you so much for posting the dailies...since you're live report from the Spirit is finished, I can now read the dailies to help get me through the next 40 some days until our cruise to Bermuda!

And great job on scanning them - very clear :)

This line baffles me on the Freestyle Daily under "Boston Sailaway": "head out on deck for our scenic sail down the river...". :confused: Did they leave that in from the NOLA sailings of the Spirit?

Oh, and thanks much for the dailies. I will be on the 9/4 sailing.

This line baffles me on the Freestyle Daily under "Boston Sailaway": "head out on deck for our scenic sail down the river...". :confused: Did they leave that in from the NOLA sailings of the Spirit?

Oh, and thanks much for the dailies. I will be on the 9/4 sailing.

Ha ha ha. . .yeah I saw that. . They also messed up a little by including info for the ships docked in St Georges as NCL Dream, and NCL Majesty.

Radio

Ha ha ha. . .yeah I saw that. . They also messed up a little by including info for the ships docked in St Georges as NCL Dream, and NCL Majesty.

Radio

I think this shows that making the Freestyle Dailies (and most other lines' versions as well) is mainly a large amount of "cut and paste"... :)

Theron

The pictures are so great. It's so hard to tell what a ship is actually like by bits and pieces of info. You've made it really easy to see how great the spirit is. We were planning on cruising the Disney Magic again (not until 2011)but the prices are getting out of control. After EXTENSIVE research the spirit is my second choice based on size, kids club and kids pool area for a 5 and 8 year old.

Did you find that there were many kids onboard? One of mine doesn't do well in large groups and I was hoping at off peak times there wouldn't be so many.

Was there live music by the Trivoli pool and if so what type of music?

Thanks for your help

The pictures are so great. It's so hard to tell what a ship is actually like by bits and pieces of info. You've made it really easy to see how great the spirit is. We were planning on cruising the Disney Magic again (not until 2011)but the prices are getting out of control. After EXTENSIVE research the spirit is my second choice based on size, kids club and kids pool area for a 5 and 8 year old.

Did you find that there were many kids onboard? One of mine doesn't do well in large groups and I was hoping at off peak times there wouldn't be so many.

Was there live music by the Trivoli pool and if so what type of music?

Thanks for your help

I keep finding more pics that I took, but didn't post them to this "LIVE" thread. . . I will be posting a few more this week/

There were not many kids on board. . maybe about 100. The Live Band at the Tivoli Pools played alot of Caribbean style music, and some soft pop.

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

Radio,

Your posts and pictures are absolutely amazing. Thanks for refreshing my mind with visions of both Bermuda & the SPIRIT.

I do have one odd question, as I'm trying to catch up with all your postings (currently on page 8)...back on your post #143 you have a picture titled "Norwegian Dream and Explorer of the Seas from the Ferry". I'm a bit confused, as I thought you were sailing on the Norwegian SPIRIT. Was the "DREAM" at the dockyard too? If so, where was the SPIRIT docked in relation to the E.O.S. & the Dream?

Debjo

Radio,

Your posts and pictures are absolutely amazing. Thanks for refreshing my mind with visions of both Bermuda & the SPIRIT.

I do have one odd question, as I'm trying to catch up with all your postings (currently on page 8)...back on your post #143 you have a picture titled "Norwegian Dream and Explorer of the Seas from the Ferry". I'm a bit confused, as I thought you were sailing on the Norwegian SPIRIT. Was the "DREAM" at the dockyard too? If so, where was the SPIRIT docked in relation to the E.O.S. & the Dream?

Debjo

I think it was probably a misprint because the Dream has been floating by her lonesome in Freeport, Bahamas for quite some time now..:p;)

You could always join us on our Spirit cruise November 29. Week after Thanksgiving and the prices are very good.

I love to cruise out of NOLA right after Thanksgiving. City is decorated for Christmas. Makes for a great festive cruise.

Dianne

Sounds soo goood. Will keep my eyes peeled on that cruise.

Archived