"LIVE" from Norwegian SPIRIT / June 5, 2009

Radio

Parrot Mom I have not talked to you since we last cruised. I am very excited to see you are sailing on the spirit I will be sailing on her in a few weeks the end of this month and can not wait. I will be checking back every day to read all of the live post this is an amazing thing it does make you feel like you are there already. The pictures are great keep them coming. Thanks to everyone for these updates. I will check back later today for sure to see how your 1st day in port was I hope it is nice weather for everyone.

Looking the pictures of the Spirit just makes me smile. She is such a gorgeous ship and her staff is first rate. We just have to fit another sailing on her sometime next year. Her Repo is looking better and better :)

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to Day 3 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Spirit.

We have arrived in Bermuda. We approached the dock from the channel on the east side, passing St Georges Island, and St Catherine’s Beach. We approached the dock at about 1045, and tied up right at 11AM.

I have been to Bermuda many times under sunny skies, but today we have arrived with clouds and showers. The clouds seem to be moving quickly, so hopefully we will have some sunny skies later today.

I am very pleased with the New Heritage Wharf Dock, and I am sure that Norwegian is happy that they placed the new pier here along with the new Passenger Terminal.

Even though there is moderate showers, you can still see how the water is so beautiful. I think that today, I will wander around the Dockyard area to just explore, do some shopping. I need to find a Wi-Fi signal as well !

Here are some pics from this our arrival this morning. . More pics later today !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Passing Gates Bay (St Catherine’s Beach) and Fort St Catherine

SS2.JPG

Heading up the east side of Bermuda

SS3.JPG

Approaching the Dockyard

SS4.JPG

Clocktower Mall at the Dockyard

SS7.JPG

Heritage Wharf Pier

SS5.JPG

We should be tied up soon and cleared.

SS6.JPG

My husband & I are LOVING your reports! We're sailing on the Spirit to Bermuda on September 4th and your posts are making us even more excited! Have a great time in Bermuda & on the rest of your cruise - we'll be "watching" & reading!!!

Radio has the old Holiday Inn been demolished up by Fort St Catherine?

oh my friends in your CC group go by the name of Ralph and Alice (as in Gleason).

enjoy your day... love the photos of the new pier cant wait to see if they've beefed up the dockyard.

Paul

Hello everyone. . . I got off of the ship today by around 1130AM, and the rain had just about stopped. There were umbrellas and poncho being used by many passengers, but who could have guessed that it turned out to be a warm sunny day by around 3pm.

I made it over to the Maritime Museum, because I didn’t want to do a lot of travel in the rain with a Scooter.

I love it over at the Maritime Museum. They offer a lot of history about how Bermuda came to be, and how Bermuda was built. They also have a lot of info on the first Cruise Ship to Bermuda.

It seems that one of my favorite places (Swiss Connection Internet Café) has been closed. . .But they do have Wi-Fi over at the Frog and Onion Pub ($5 for 30 min is only 16 cents/min)

Thanks Paul From Maryland for the insight on Frog and Onion. . . I read your post just before I posted this report . . . They also have Wi-Fi at the Freeport Seafood House on the other Side of Clocktower Mall.

I walked around a bit over at the Mall, and in the Courtyard, there was a lot of music and local vendors. The Bermuda Dept of Tourism brought out the Gombey Dancers. They were a hit !

I made it back to the ship to grab a little dinner. I am heading up to Shogun Asian Restaurant. I have been in the mood for Sushi this week. . .

I will head back out tonight, to see what I can see. I don’t have to have the scooter back until Tuesday Night.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Inside the Heritage Wharf Terminal

B4.JPG

It was still raining as we debarked

B7.JPG

I went over to Oleander Scooters for my Rental

B5.JPG

Clocktower Mall (The Sun is trying hard to come out )

They say that the dial on the left tower is a clock, and the dial on the right tower is a Tide indicator. . .It now shows high tide.

B6.JPG

Norwegian Gem from the Clocktower Mall Courtyard

B9.JPG

The Gombey Dancers over at the Courtyard

B14.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Thanks all of the nice comments. . .

Radio

Norwegian Spirit from the Maritime Museum

C1.JPG

Palm Trees line the Street to Snorkel Park

B11.JPG

Snorkel Park Beach

C2.JPG

Some of the reefs in front of Snorkel Park beach

B12.JPG

Norwegian Spirit from the Commissioners House

C6.JPG

Heading back to the ship

C12.JPG

Radio,

Wonderful updates. I will take my laptop and try to do something while on board. It is great to be able to see the pics and read about your cruise! I hope the weather clears up for the remainder of your trip!

Thanks Radio

This is my first post. My husband and I have booked our first cruise. We are sailing on the Spirit to Bermuda in May 2010. Your live updates are a great peek at what we have to look forward to. Thanks alot you are doing a great job with the live reports. :):)

Any suggestions for a first timer on the ship or in Bermuda.

Thanks again and enjoy yourself

Hello again, Radio..We are really enjoying your pics and updates....we have "been there, done that"... just a month ago.....seems like we are still there.. enjoy your time in Bermuda.. Look forward to more pics!!!

Pat

Radio, I noticed the jet skis in the picture of the snorkel park. We are going on 7/24, and am interested in renting them. Any idea on the prices? Who runs the park? is there some way to contact them (phone # or website?) Thanks, and a great job!

Hello everyone. . . .

It is once again I am sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line. I have sailed 3 times previously with NCL in the past year. (The last was Norwegian Gem in March 2009)

This time I am sailing “on a one” of a kind ship for NCL. . . the Norwegian Spirit.

I'll be very anxious to hear what you have to say, and what your thoughts are on Spirit in comparison to the Gem? We are thinking of taking the Spirit from Boston to Bermuda in August....(we just did NY to Bermuda in May and thought the Dawn was OK)....or EOS from Bayonne....but just not liking the fact that it is 5 days. So want to know if the 2 extra days on the Spirit are worth it.

Your pictures are worth more than a thousand words! You have got to be a professional at this!:) You are on the one hand delighting me; on the other hand I think October can't get here soon enough!:o Thank you so very much!:D

Here are a few pics from this evening. . . More Pics tomorrow from St.Georges.

Radio

The view from my Balcony (Deck 11 / Port Side)

C9.JPG

Norwegian Spirit crew were painting the hardware that connects the Lifeboats

D3.JPG

Norwegian Spirit Mid Ship Balconies/ Deck 9, 10, 11

D6.JPG

Spirit looks like she has been recently painted.

D7.JPG

Norwegian Spirit lit up tonight

D4.JPG

Radio:

I'm jumping on the bandwagon in praise of your commentary and photos. We were on the Spirit's May 1st cruise, so I'm very interested in seeing your pictures and hearing about your activities. We hope to return to Bermuda in October on the Norwegian Dawn. You just can't get enough pictures of the sights in Bermuda or the picturesque Norwegian Spirit.

If you happen to cross paths with the "soon to be" bride and groom on your roll call, Maggie Cate and Jay, please take a photo if you can. Their plans had been for the ceremony to take place Monday evening at Jobson's Cove, with dinner at Windows around 8:30 pm. Hope all goes well for them and everyone on board, and that goes for the weather, too!! I became an internet friend with the bride's aunt Clare, aka "maggiecatenjay", the prime spokesperson for their group. From the sounds of her plans, even her cabin door on Deck 10, midship starboard might present a photo op, complete with magnets and info!!

Heep up the great work!!

Tom

Thanks Radio

This is my first post. My husband and I have booked our first cruise. We are sailing on the Spirit to Bermuda in May 2010. Your live updates are a great peek at what we have to look forward to. Thanks alot you are doing a great job with the live reports. :):)

Any suggestions for a first timer on the ship or in Bermuda.

Thanks again and enjoy yourself

Welcome to Cruise Critic ! ;)

I would check over on the Bermuda Boards for excursion ideas. (I am not a fan of excursions)

I would say however to try to make it over to the SouthSide beaches, St Georges Island, and don't forget to make it over to the Bermuda National Museum / Zoo/ Aquarium over in Flatts Village (It only $10 for adults)

I think you will love Spirit ! (I do, and I haven't been everywhere on the ship yet ! !)

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived