Grand from Southampton - Question?

lateuk

We are going on the Grand in August from Southampton, can anyopne confirm what time you can actually board? We went with RCI last year and arived about 11:30am and were able to board no problems.

Thanks

We plan to arrive in Southampton at about 11:30pm for our Crown cruise in July and I would expect to be able to check in right away and board if not right away, shortly afterwards.

Pam, good to see your doing the British Isles cruise. Hope you enjoy your visit at my home city of Liverpool !

Enjoy your cruise:)

Pam, good to see your doing the British Isles cruise. Hope you enjoy your visit at my home city of Liverpool !
Thanks. The British Isles has been on my "to do" list for quite a while and we're finally doing it. Unfortunately, I'm not going to see much of Liverpool as I'm going to Wales for the day. :( But, I'll be back. :)

Thanks. The British Isles has been on my "to do" list for quite a while and we're finally doing it. Unfortunately, I'm not going to see much of Liverpool as I'm going to Wales for the day. :( But, I'll be back. :)

Ahh, well you will be docked in the city centre cruise terminal so atleast you will see the world famous waterfront, and no doubt there will be a huge crowd down to see the crown princess just like there was when the Grand was doing this cruise last year. Ill be there to see the ship myself.

Wales is a great place. What is it you will be seeing/doing in wales?:)

Liverpool08

We were told that, for those of us arriving by car, the inbound car parks will not open up until 12 noon - so that probably means boarding no earlier than 12.30 - 1.00 p.m.?
That's possible but I don't know; we're arriving by limo and are being dropped off so parking won't be a factor.

Ahh, well you will be docked in the city centre cruise terminal so atleast you will see the world famous waterfront, and no doubt there will be a huge crowd down to see the crown princess just like there was when the Grand was doing this cruise last year. Ill be there to see the ship myself. Wales is a great place. What is it you will be seeing/doing in wales?:)
Maybe I'll see you on the pier? I'm doing the Princess tour that leaves at 8am.

WHAT YOU VISIT

Llangollen - This small village in the Dee Valley is famed for its International Eisteddfod, a festival of folk music, costumes, and dance. The village's 14th-century stone bridge is considered one of Wales' great scenes. Enjoy free time to explore the village.

Chirck Castle - Now owned by the National Trust, this country home was originally built as a Marcher stronghold by Edward I. Adam's Tower boasts a magnificent dungeon and original 13th-century military features including two "murder holes." Tour the interior and the fine gardens, which boast splendid topiary.

SCENIC TRAIN RIDE

Board the Llangollen Railway for a scenic 7-mile ride along the banks of the River Dee to Carrog. Your restored steam locomotive pulls a train of vintage 1960s passenger cars. The original rail line was founded in 1865 and operated until 1964.

Hi - we were on the Grand at the end of April and we arrived in Southampton about 11.30 and were on board well before 12 noon...and our cabin was ready straight away. Very slick and well oiled machine. No problems at all ...and we were not the first on board by any means. It has to be said, however, that the real "rush" of people boarding was about 2 p.m. Have a wonderful cruise.

We plan to arrive in Southampton at about 11:30pm for our Crown cruise in July and I would expect to be able to check in right away and board if not right away, shortly afterwards.

PAM!!!!! You're going to miss your boat!!!!!

11:30pm the ship will be LONG LONG gone!!!!

:)

Archived