air deviation fees

annie2

I have a question for those of you who have paid for air deviation fees. If Oceania comes up with airlines additional fees that are not acceptable or the flight connections are not practical, do you still have to pay the deviation fees?? I see that it is non refundable but I wasn't sure if that was before or after you recieve the information on flights!

If you do not accept the flights you do not pay the fee.

If they come up with the ones you asked for (if you supplied specific flights) at no extra charge then you pay the fee.

I think you have 48 hrs to decide once they are presented to you & your TA.

Make sure you have some routes in mind so you can decide.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong;)

Lyn

Thanks Lyn! Very helpful. I am looking at airfare as I write. I will be interested to see what price they come up with for the route I am looking at.

You can always take the air credit & book your own!

Ask about the price with air & without then decide

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

We choose an air deviation last year. I checked for the flights that I thought were my best options, then sent my TA a list ranked according to preference. After about a day, Oceania responded with a quote for my first selection of $400 extra for 2 people ($75 air deviation fee, plus additional charges). As previously mentioned, I then had 48 hours to accept the flights and additional charges. My credit card was billed once I had made an affirmative response.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I called Oceania this morning and found out my air credit including all taxes and fees(but not transfers) would only be 949.00. She said that the amount was subject to change. I will be flying from San Francisco. I did ask if this was the same credit flying from the west coast as the east coast and was told Yes. Everyone was correct about having 48 hours to accept or decline the deviation. If I decline I don't pay the 75.00 pp fees. Also, I have until ticketing to decide if I want credit or a deviation. Ticketing occurs anywhere from 30 to 60 days prior to the cruise. I thought I had to decide by final payment. Of course I would double check before final payment just to be sure and also I would do it closer to the 60 plus days as you don't really know when you will be ticketed. It is too bad you don't know your airline, route or seat asssignment before you decide on booking your own airfare. Back to searching for airfare!(I also heard from one person who said Fall airfare goes on Sale mid July. My cruise is mid Oct.)

Archived