All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I have read through all the posts here and I have a question that I didn't see an answer for.

What do people prop up the clamshells with for air circulation. I have read that it is recommended to bring something to prop it up about 12 inches, but am wondering what that would be.

Has anyone on here done this or did you see it done? What did you use or see used?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

I have read through all the posts here and I have a question that I didn't see an answer for.

What do people prop up the clamshells with for air circulation. I have read that it is recommended to bring something to prop it up about 12 inches, but am wondering what that would be.

Has anyone on here done this or did you see it done? What did you use or see used?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

A few books will do.

Quick question. I understand that if you have an early excursion on HMC that you get a ticket to tender before others. If my DH has an early excursion and I don't have anything booked, will they let me tender over with him? Or will I have to wait until all the people with excursions have gone over?

Thanks.

Karen

Quick question. I understand that if you have an early excursion on HMC that you get a ticket to tender before others. If my DH has an early excursion and I don't have anything booked, will they let me tender over with him? Or will I have to wait until all the people with excursions have gone over?

Thanks.

Karen

I don''t think you'll have an issue going over with him...I don't remember them checking anything very closely. Just let him show the ticket and stand next to him;)

Does anyone know if there is a place to lock things up in the Cabana? Maybe a cabinet that locks or something? We will be in Purple #6.

thanks.

No, there are big cabinets in the cabanas but they don't lock. I wouldn't worry about it...someone would have to be pretty nervy to go up the stairs into the cabana and be rooting around in there. We never had any issues..

We were there in Feb 2011. A gal walked us down to our cabana and set it up. I had read about propping up the back here on CC before we left. She automatically put a rock under the back wall to prop it up and I didn't have to do a thing! Edited by edmusic

We were there in Feb 2011. A gal walked us down to our cabana and set it up. I had read about propping up the back here on CC before we left. She automatically put a rock under the back wall to prop it up and I didn't have to do a thing!

If you were propping up the back, you didn't have a cabana, you had a clamshell.

Hi All!!! We got back from our first trip to HMC on 10/2 and while we were there, took this video (a little over 6 mins) that starts at cabana 15 and goes down to the end.

Please feel free to check it out! I know when we were planning our trip, I loved watching stuff like this in advance! We had Cabana 12.

We also just finished up a review of the cruise with pics and a more detailed account of our HMC day - a link to it is in my siggie.

Enjoy! :D

Hi All!!! We got back from our first trip to HMC on 10/2 and while we were there, took this video (a little over 6 mins) that starts at cabana 15 and goes down to the end.

Please feel free to check it out! I know when we were planning our trip, I loved watching stuff like this in advance! We had Cabana 12.

We also just finished up a review of the cruise with pics and a more detailed account of our HMC day - a link to it is in my siggie.

Enjoy! :D

Great video. Thanks for sharing!!!

Well done video.

Great video. Thanks for sharing!!!

Great video. Thanks for sharing it. Will help in people's planning.

Thanks All! We did it in the hopes that we could help others decide which cabana they may want. As you can see it really doesn't take long at all to walk from one end to the other - and that's going slow enough to hold a camera steady!

Thanks All! We did it in the hopes that we could help others decide which cabana they may want. As you can see it really doesn't take long at all to walk from one end to the other - and that's going slow enough to hold a camera steady!

Seeing you at the end of the video was the real highlight. :D:D

ardnassac79s video was great and helped me decide on #10 instead of #5. Thanks for sharing.:D

Hopefully we will be back to HMC a few days before you.

We were there last April and had cabana #10 and LOVED it.

I hope to get it again next April.

Edited by reno3

I'm sure the answer to my question is on here somewhere but I did a search and didn't get the answer and although I read quite a few pages, I can't read all of them!

If you rent a cabana do you get one of the first tenders the same as if you book an excursion?

I'm sure the answer to my question is on here somewhere but I did a search and didn't get the answer and although I read quite a few pages, I can't read all of them!

If you rent a cabana do you get one of the first tenders the same as if you book an excursion?

Yes.

Sorry to have to post this, but I just booked and paid for a cabana on Dec 11, 2011 and HAL charged me $299.:eek:

There were only 2 reserved so far, I guess eveyone is concerned with the price. It's getting expensive to have the benefit of shade.