Call from PVP re: fuel surcharge

nmyorkiemom

Thought I would start a thread of this title since someone posted similar inside a 'fuel' thread & it isn't being seen.

I received a call from PVP yesterday & was told they received a 'memo' yesterday morning about fuel surcharge. Said it would 'not be automatic' when oil reached & stayed at $70. That they were going to try to hold off on 'any surcharge' as long as possible and PVP said that while it is likely going to happen at some point, the feeling is that it won't be anytime soon. Thinks even I will be safe cruising in about 6 weeks.

Others may hear differently, but that is what I heard from mine yesterday. I will be prepared just in case, but still hopeful that I can escape it on this cruise!

If it happens, it happens.....

I was prepared for it when I booked the cruise. It wouldn't be the best thing that's ever happened to me on a cruise, but it's not the worst either.

My PVP read me the same memo from the management as we are leaving in about 37 days. I think that helps me a little as I have a lot of first time cruisers traveling in my group. Even though the disclaimer is there, I hated to go back to them and say you owe more money. Especially since several have become unemployed since this cruise was planned, every penny is important.

Thought I would start a thread of this title since someone posted similar inside a 'fuel' thread & it isn't being seen.

....the feeling is that it won't be anytime soon. Thinks even I will be safe cruising in about 6 weeks.

Im assuming Im the poster you referred to since I posted it yesterday and then again today.

You say "even you" would be safe in about 6 weeks, as if you arent very close in and past final payment. Im doing a B2B in Sept, further out than you, so who knows?? Im feeling a little safer from it being added on, but Id say the jury is still out for me. Im still more than a month from final payment.

Archived