Carry on luggage...

I have searched and can't find an answer to this simple question...

What size luggage is allowable on the larger ships to carry on? We sail on the Royal Carib. Explorer of the Seas on Thursday and I want to make sure our one bag is doable to carry/roll on?

Our last cruise out of Port Canveral on the Monarch of the Seas, they would not allow anything larger than a briefcase & made me check my carry on bag.

I am planning on using the typical roll on size that you would roll on an airplane... make sense? It is the standard 21x14x9 size...

I have searched and can't find an answer to this simple question...

What size luggage is allowable on the larger ships to carry on? We sail on the Royal Carib. Explorer of the Seas on Thursday and I want to make sure our one bag is doable to carry/roll on?

Our last cruise out of Port Canveral on the Monarch of the Seas, they would not allow anything larger than a briefcase & made me check my carry on bag.

I am planning on using the typical roll on size that you would roll on an airplane... make sense? It is the standard 21x14x9 size...

That should work. It just has to be the size that will fit through the scanner (just like the airport).

iWhatever you can take onto an airplane can be carried onto the ship--it has to fit through a scanner.....

We bring the bare necessities onto the ship, the rest, we give to the porter....it's just too much trouble to carry everything we bring!

Y'all are so helpful! How long does it take for your luggage to show up? 3pm? 5 pm? 7pm? It is a big ship... should we plan to carry on what we will wear to dinner? I am hitting the gym as soon as I board so I will need a shower and change of clothes for dinner...

The bag you are describing should be fine, as others said, it just has to fit through the scanner.

I guess we've been lucky, but we've never had our luggage arrive much later than 5 or so--and usually earlier. I know this isn't always the case, however.

We always just hand our larger bags to the porter and carry-on smaller (smaller than yours) bags with whatever we needed on the airplane; You could carry your exercise clothes and then put your traveling clothes on again afteryour shower, if your luggage hadn't arrived. Not ideal, I know, but people don't dress up much the first night because of the possibility of late-arriving luggage.

Archived