NCL to offer FREE Pepsi on cruises!

caribbeanboy

I just called NCL to see if I would qualify for this special as we are leaving on the Spirit in a few weeks and the person told me we would not qualify for this special and if she was to rebook us it would coast me more money.

Soooo, basically they are fooling you with their Pepsi campaign.

I don't see what all the chatter is about? If you book a cruise, you get a free soda pack... how can that be tom foolery? Seems pretty simple to me. Oh, wait..... there giving something to people who book a cruise... they must be up to shenanigans!! Please....!!!!!

I don't see what all the chatter is about? If you book a cruise, you get a free soda pack... how can that be tom foolery? Seems pretty simple to me. Oh, wait..... there giving something to people who book a cruise... they must be up to shenanigans!! Please....!!!!!

No, it's not that simple. In my case, for 3 different on line agents (I checked with two more today), if you look at the cruise prices and don't give the pepsi code, you get one price. If you look at the cruise prices, and you give the free pepsi code, you get a higher price. So no, they aren't 'giving' you something. They are pretending to give you something.

The Pepsi campaign is just like any other discount program. It's not a scam, it's a bonus...but all discounts come with rules. :)

"No other discounts applicable." It's really straight forward.

You can have ONE discount, which would you like?

Your pepsi card discount or your military discount or your union discount or your latitudes discount etc. You get to pick one :) That's called a DISCOUNT :D It's a bonus.

If you have a military, union, or latitidues discount...then it's better than the pepsi deal.

If you have a discount thru your TA since they buy in bulk and got you a cheaper room, then it's better than the pepsi deal.

If you are a first time cruiser with no military or union or group affiliation, then you would be able to use the pepsi deal.

It's all win win folks :D

I guess all I saw was free Pepsi. I thought it was something sponsored by Pepsi, and didn't realize it was more like a discount you couldn't get if you got other discounts. It really isn't a bonus..bonuses are usually an extra (at least for me). This is one of several discounts you can get, just not with other discounts. This will be great for the person who isn't over 55, not military, never been on NCL and isn't going to book online with one of the discount agents.

In other words, an under 55, first timer, willing to pay full price through NCL for soda.

The Pepsi campaign is just like any other discount program. It's not a scam, it's a bonus...but all discounts come with rules. :)

"No other discounts applicable." It's really straight forward.

This is a promotion sponsored by Pepsi. From what I understand Norwegian is not giving the soda away...PEPSI is. There is a PEPSI website dedicated to it and the link was provided by a previous poster. So why would PEPSI care if a SOLDIER is getting a MILITARY DISCOUNT from NORWEGIAN? I understand not being able to combine certain discounts....but ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY? Most companies are lining up to give discounts to the men and women who defend the country they do business in. PEPSI is all over every base I have been on. I am wriitng to both the CEO of PEPSI and NORWEGIAN...perhaps they will ignore me but I think the men and women who serve this country should not have to chose between a military discount and a free soda..... It should be PEPSI's PRIVLEDGE AND HONOR TO PROVIDE FREE SODA TO A SOLDIER ON VACATION AS THANKS FOR HIS OR HER SERVICE. Thirsty soldiers can't drink yellow ribbons and stickers on our cars!!!! PEPSI and AMERICAN company should put its money where its mouth is. If I ran the world all soldiers would get free soda.....AND THEN SOME!!!!!!

Wow, what a rip-off! I reserved two cabins today via the website... an NCL rep called to offer his services in helping me complete the transaction (i.e. commit to a deposit). He was looking for promotional offers for me and told me about the "free" Pepsi promotion and said he'd add it to my reservations. I thanked him and told him my kids would appreciate it! Of course, I just got home and opened up the e-mail itineraries he sent me following our conversation, and wouldn't you know it, the price went up by $100 per cabin! I didn't understand why, until reading these posts... the Latitudes discount was removed. Thanks for the education, friends!! I'll get this fixed in the morning. :-)

Wow, what a rip-off! I reserved two cabins today via the website... an NCL rep called to offer his services in helping me complete the transaction (i.e. commit to a deposit). He was looking for promotional offers for me and told me about the "free" Pepsi promotion and said he'd add it to my reservations. I thanked him and told him my kids would appreciate it! Of course, I just got home and opened up the e-mail itineraries he sent me following our conversation, and wouldn't you know it, the price went up by $100 per cabin! I didn't understand why, until reading these posts... the Latitudes discount was removed. Thanks for the education, friends!! I'll get this fixed in the morning. :-)

And I wouldn't buy it either on the ship.....I would tell my kids to drink the free stuff..

We have cruises booked for Oct /09 and August /10. We are new to NCL so have no discount until after the first cruise. NCL said we are not eglibable for any discount (over 55) and from NCL's site IF there is a discount for past passengers or over 55 it would only be $30/pp so had TA cancelled and rebook the August/10 to get the Pepsi discount with no price change.

Archived