Renaissance Downtown Ft. Lauderdale-HELP

luvluv2cruise

I am trying to book the Downtown Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale for October 30, 2009 through Priceline. My bids keep getting rejected and i'm up to $80. From what I have read from other successful bidders around my dates the accepted bids are ranging from 60-80 per night. Has anyone had success at this property for October 30? If so, what was the winning bid?

I've not bid for October so I'm probably not much help but I did win on my second bid in August for $100. The internet rates for your October date is $269 and above. I would think that Priceline wouldn't accept a bid for less than $120. Good luck.

i would book a cancellable back up then keep trying. i THINK it is 178 on HW for your dates....(not 100% sure anymore as they now, IIRC, count the Hilton Ft L Grande as the las olas downtown section on HW as a 3.5 star

BUT according to better bidding, the only 3.5 star in that zone that is always no smoking is the ren which used to be the only 4* in the zone....(was downgraded-deservedly so......maily due to the lousy restaurant, hit and miss service and the need for a renovation-which they got)

it isn't a bad hotel but it is NO WAY worth anything over about 150......

Look at the sticky up top....the FLL BOAT SHOW is 10/29-11/1 or so!

THAT would be why the rates are soooooo much more for your dates, and lower a few days before!

take what you can get now that you can cancel and keep looking.

are you stuck on the Ren???? Keep looking! The Springhill Suites bythe airport is cheaper...

and again, if you have AAA it is 179 which isn't BAD...and you can cancel! BOOK NOW!

Look at the sticky up top....the FLL BOAT SHOW is 10/29-11/1 or so!

THAT would be why the rates are soooooo much more for your dates, and lower a few days before!

take what you can get now that you can cancel and keep looking.

are you stuck on the Ren???? Keep looking! The Springhill Suites bythe airport is cheaper...

and again, if you have AAA it is 179 which isn't BAD...and you can cancel! BOOK NOW!

That looks like an awesome fun event even though I don't like boats all that much!

I've been trying for the Hyatt too. Nothing. In fact, it is apparently completed sold out for the weekend I need. Even on their website there is no availability. I hear it is a wonderful hotel. Thanks for the recommendation.

luvluv2cruise:

This is the reason you'll have trouble finding any hotel in Fort Lauderdale for October 31st!

The excitement is growing for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. The 50th Anniversary edition of the world’s largest boat show is just around the corner. This year’s show will take place October 29-November 2, 2009 at six locations in the Yachting Capital of the World – Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The show will feature more than 3 billion dollars worth of boats, yachts, super yachts, electronics, engines and thousands of boating accessories from every major marine manufacturer and boat builder worldwide. The Boat Show encompasses more than 3 million square feet of space, both on land and in water, and is all connected by the Show’s Transportation Network of water taxis, riverboats and bus shuttles. See the different areas of this website and see what companies are exhibiting, what vessels will be on display, parking information, travel information and much more to make your boat show experience the best it can be.

Thousands of people from all over the US attend this show! You may want to move to an area far away from Fort Lauderdale , maybe check Holloywood to the south or Pompano Beach to the north. Sorry!!:(

The internet rate is $349, hotwire is about $180 (i think because you don't know for sure).

If it is the Renaissance on Hotwire for $180, which I doubt because of the boatshow, you would probably have to bid $135-$150 on Priceline. The Renaissance is probably not available on Priceline that weekend. I would book something that you can cancel now. As SkiCruiser said, moving away from Port Everglades should help with availability and price. A few weeks before sailing check on Priceline again to see if they might have anything.

luvluv2cruise:

This is the reason you'll have trouble finding any hotel in Fort Lauderdale for October 31st!

The excitement is growing for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. The 50th Anniversary edition of the world’s largest boat show is just around the corner. This year’s show will take place October 29-November 2, 2009 at six locations in the Yachting Capital of the World – Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The show will feature more than 3 billion dollars worth of boats, yachts, super yachts, electronics, engines and thousands of boating accessories from every major marine manufacturer and boat builder worldwide. The Boat Show encompasses more than 3 million square feet of space, both on land and in water, and is all connected by the Show’s Transportation Network of water taxis, riverboats and bus shuttles. See the different areas of this website and see what companies are exhibiting, what vessels will be on display, parking information, travel information and much more to make your boat show experience the best it can be.

Thousands of people from all over the US attend this show! You may want to move to an area far away from Fort Lauderdale , maybe check Holloywood to the south or Pompano Beach to the north. Sorry!!:(

We are going this year and one of the boat companies offered to rent out my girlfriends house for $15,000 for two weeks. We said no way!

luvluv, I'd book a cancelable backup and keep trying. You may get your dates at the last minute. Right now, no hotel is going to take a booking for less than all three nights. People literally do come from all over the world for this and it is amazing.

BTW, does no one read my sticky about the dates beside meg and a few others?

I got the FLL Airport Sheraton for $60 on Priceline for that date. I also rented a car from Alamo for $25 through Priceline. IThe reviews of the hotel seem decent, it's only one night. What ship are you sailing on? We sail on the Eurodam on 10/31,

Mandy

I bid $80 for a night right before thanksgiving and for a couple of days in the first week of december on priceline...I'd say bid a few dollars higher and you should get a 4 star hotel...trying bidding $80 for a hotel in the fort lauderdale beach area too

Archived