Port-Cruise Excursion with Airport Transfer

cooncat_mom

I posted this on the FL Port board, but thought I might get a better response here...Getting ready to do our second Carnival cruise in a few months - going out of FLL but flying to/from MIA. Last cruise we did the opposite and were able to catch a shore excursion to Miami Beach with a transfer to FLL, which filled up some time nicely. I noticed that Miami lists several debarkation excursions, but FLL doesn't have anything except plain old transfers listed. Has anyone taken a Carnival cruise from FLL and found they had post-cruise excursions? We'd love to do the everglades on out of MIami. Thanks!

I posted this on the FL Port board, but thought I might get a better response here...Getting ready to do our second Carnival cruise in a few months - going out of FLL but flying to/from MIA. Last cruise we did the opposite and were able to catch a shore excursion to Miami Beach with a transfer to FLL, which filled up some time nicely. I noticed that Miami lists several debarkation excursions, but FLL doesn't have anything except plain old transfers listed. Has anyone taken a Carnival cruise from FLL and found they had post-cruise excursions? We'd love to do the everglades on out of MIami. Thanks!

Give it some time. They usually have the Everglades out of FLL with transfers to both airports.

I really wanted to do this when we had a 5pm flight out of FLL, my husband refused, stating we'd be all dirty from the everglade tour.

Has anyone actually done this one? And do you get dirty on it?

My husband is from Miami and he's done airboats in the everglades before, he said that the water and stuff fly up all over the place and it can be really messy, so I'm thinking not the best tour before a flight.

Would love to hear from someone thats actually done it.

Thanks, Carole

I really wanted to do this when we had a 5pm flight out of FLL, my husband refused, stating we'd be all dirty from the everglade tour.

Has anyone actually done this one? And do you get dirty on it?

My husband is from Miami and he's done airboats in the everglades before, he said that the water and stuff fly up all over the place and it can be really messy, so I'm thinking not the best tour before a flight.

Would love to hear from someone thats actually done it.

Thanks, Carole

We did the Everglades tour back in 2004. It was great! We did not get wet or dirty at all. Perhaps the "touring" airboats are less "dirty" than regular airboats? The airboat ride was very cool and the scenery was beautiful. We saw a live animal show, walked around the grounds, tasted snake nuggets (tasted like chicken ;)), and had a wonderful afternoon, all without worrying about our luggage or getting to the airport.

Do it!

Archived