STUNG Chicken

djay

Dammmmm is your DW related to my DW???? She claims there is such a thing as tooo much information ...... I would like to dispute this !!!!:rolleyes:;)

Cheers

David

I think we are all married to the same woman!!!!!!:eek:

I have to agree about most of this....it's not always great, but it's traditional first day WJ lunch. It's the first day excitement that makes it good.

Exactly!

P.S. We'll have to get together to honor this "tradition" on our cruise on Liberty in Sept.!!!

So the Honey Stung Chicken doesn't really taste like honey? I'm sure I've always skipped it because I don't like honey, but if it doesn't taste like honey, I am going to have to try this infamous chicken.

Honey Stung Chicken is a registered trademark for one of Tyson Foods food service products that is sold in the wholesale market for restaurants, colleges, hospital and other cafeteria services. It is a portion control product from the whole breast of the chicken that is marinated in a honey based marinade then breaded, fried and flash frozen so that the end user can either reheat it in and oven or microwave. Love it or not, it is one of Tyson's most popular products in their food service line. I used to see it once in awhile at Sam's but haven't lately. It is distributed pretty much nationwide by Sysco and can be purchased there.

I tried it on the Mariner a couple weeks ago, solely b/c of the raves I've read on these boards. What a disappointment! It was basically soggy breaded chicken cutlets that had been cut into chunks. Nothing special about it, and definitely not worth seeking out.

I tried it on the Grandeur last month and it was pretty tasty. I read about the chicken here and forgot all about it until I saw it and had to try some. There were so many choices and I thought the buffet food was pretty good.

Not the best shot, but here it is....

2886291070051977359S425x425Q85.jpg

I think we are all married to the same woman!!!!!!:eek:

Your wives must be related to my DH!!!:eek: He will complain about my planning all the way up to the cruise, but then when everything is mapped out and he doesn't have to worry about anything except having fun - then he thanks me!!! What a thank you!! :eek::o

Tried it on our recent Mariner cruise. It was mushy & not much taste. However, not one to rush judgement here....I'll give it one more try on my next Mariner cruise:p

I first had it on my Vision trip....it was rather dry and I really didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Had it again on Mariner (I AM a traditionalist :D;)) and thought it was much better. I must have gotten a fresh batch.

I still don't see what all the fuss is about, but I will continue to make Honey Stung Chicken a part of my cruising ritual. WHY NOT? :D

30 min- 6 responses to what is Honey Stung chicken?

Nov 8 has got to get here fast- I needa life. My DW is hitting me up side the head for spending too much time at the computer dreaming for Nov to hurry & get here.

I never got this obsessed even for Santa Claus. Thanks everyone.

Honey Stung Chicken is REAL.

Santa is IMAGINARY.

Enjoy! It is just a ritual.

Is it only served for lunch on the first day on embarkation??

Yep. On my last Mariner trip I asked the food server behind the counter where they put out the honey stung chicken (a personal favorite of mine) why do they only serve it on the first day. He said that they only have the butchers on board the first day to cut all the meats. It is apparently made fresh for the embarkation day.

It's basically chicken tenders. I know everyone loves them. I sought them out on my last cruise. Maybe it's me but I think they're just okay. I just didn't see what the big whoop was.

Maybe it was the cook on your ship. The Honey Stung Chicken on the Voyager was not chicken tenders but chicken breasts and it was very moist.

Try sailing with us on the Voyager and then you can decide for yourself :p. We have a Mardi Gras cruise out of Galveston the week of February 14th. Guaranteed to make your cruise as fun-filled as Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

I tried it on the Grandeur last month and it was pretty tasty. I read about the chicken here and forgot all about it until I saw it and had to try some. There were so many choices and I thought the buffet food was pretty good.

Not the best shot, but here it is....

2886291070051977359S425x425Q85.jpg

That picture looks NOTHING like the soggy cut-up cutlets they served on Mariner on 5/31. Maybe it varies by ship.

That picture looks NOTHING like the soggy cut-up cutlets they served on Mariner on 5/31. Maybe it varies by ship.

That could be. This was good and not soggy at all. Definitely breast meat. I found most of the food to be very good on the Grandeur.

IMHO, consistency is important from ship to ship. You can see how many people here like this chicken! :D It is always nice to know you'll get what you're looking forward to something.

Had it on several ships but three stick out particular. Mariner, the stung chicken was awful and was on Mariner I think 4 times, Sovereign and Liberty very good with Liberty being the best. Just off this past May and it was the best ever, moist and hot!!!

Tim

I started this thread exactly 48 hours ago. 44 replies & 1717 views.

Did I say that I was a statistics freak?? I really do enjoy reading comments from everyone. The chicken looks like what they serve at the Mandarin Wok at the Mall Food Court. I will definitely seek it out.

Thanks everyone.

Hi Guy: What did you eat on your cruise?

Fried Chicken.

Did they have a fast food restaurant on board ship?

I guess my point is with all the great food, we seem to be making a lot of fuss over fried chicken. Don't get me wrong, I really like fried chicken, but once my vacation starts, I try to eat differently. Then again if they had "sliders".

I read a lot of hoopla about this chicken also...and went straight for it. Yucko...gross....just dark chicken, fried... don't bother...go for the carving station if you want real meat.. for all the fantastic food they do have, you can miss this one...

Archived