Best Price you've gotten on a 7day balcony

topspin1267

This is really an impossible question to answer. What is a "can't pass up" price for one person might be out of someone else's price range.

I'm afraid I don't understand how it might help you to know what someone else thinks is a good price. :confused:

The prices are what they are. If there's a "wide range," that probably means certain itineraries from certain ports on certain ships are more popular on certain dates. The price may never drop to that magic number.

You need to decide where you want to go, when you can go, and then see if the prices fit within YOUR budget.

Last year on the Splendor I believe our balcony was $649? This year on the Pride I booked an 8I at $719 and the IS rate was $689 - with that small difference at the time I looked I couldn't not do the balcony. Now the 8I's are showing $869. I booked the cove balcony for $999 on the Dream for Christmas. Wanted to give my kids some sort of balcony and that was the cheapest they offered.

I booked the Valor for Oct 4 for $569 pp plus tax/fees. That is the best I have gotten. I remember being on the Triumph Oct 07 and the balconies started at $609, which I thought was a good price, and thought I would NEVER see them that cheap again when prices/fuel fees went up so much last year.

Not that I enjoy this bad (but getting better) economy, but it sure is nice for the cruisers to get such good bargains.

$596 for a 8-night Mexican Riviera out of San Diego on the Carnival Spirit. This was for a balcony and Carnival upgraded us to an extended balcony. It was in early December when prices are usually pretty low to begin with.

For our Glory cruise coming up on 7/25, we paid $739 for an 8D. I thought that was a great price especially compared to all of the other cruises I was looking at. We did use the early saver program and had a couple of price drops since booking

We have a balcony on the Lido deck , 8E I think , we paid 929.00 a person .

I think we got a good deal , especially for the location .

Although we may end up paying 9$ more a day if they implement the supplement on fuel charges , even after we have paid the full fare .

I think anyone who has paid already in full should be immune from it , but that is not the case , oh well .

Last year on the Splendor I believe our balcony was $649? This year on the Pride I booked an 8I at $719 and the IS rate was $689 - with that small difference at the time I looked I couldn't not do the balcony. Now the 8I's are showing $869. I booked the cove balcony for $999 on the Dream for Christmas. Wanted to give my kids some sort of balcony and that was the cheapest they offered.

What is the cove balcony and why is it that cheap at Christmas time?;)

They are a new stateroom design that is on the Dream. They are located on Deck 2 and they replace the previous Oceanview cabins that were there. From the outside of the ship they still look like the oceanview but no glass at the window and a balcony behind it. We looked at the regular balconies but they go up $170pp which right now is more than we want to pay. An OV state room is going for the same price as the 7A.

What time of year and what ship?

Mexican Riviera reroute to Canada on Splendor, I've been to Mexico so this was just what I wanted! Have you ever seen a Penthouse Suite, I'm spoiled now and it will probably never happen again!!

just got off --- canada / pacific northwest cheap cheap cheap !!!!

we were on panorama deck ///// SPA balcony /// $$$ 379.00 pp

thought it was just too cheap..... enjoyed every minute of it

Note: I heard of 4 guests who paid $750 each for a quad inside deck 2

and did not know they had been re routed !!! sorry :rolleyes:

people need to watch pricing & pay attention to their cruise critic roll calls:D

Archived