RECENT Cruisers - Shorts in Dining Room

carla1183

SANDALS???!!!!

Begin again.....

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

The dress code doesn't say a word against sandals, just flip flops

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

The dress code doesn't say a word against sandals, just flip flops

Beach flip flops.......

The dress code is written in standard english. What is it that some of you don't get:confused:

once again for the challenged:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Okay, here's my two cents. We were recently on the Glory, and here's what we saw. It seems that since the dress code has been "relaxed," people are now taking it to the extreme. The dress code below says "long dress shorts," but we saw VERY SHORT shorts (yes, on men) and cutoffs-both in jeans and in shorts, T shirts, no-sleeve shirts, and guys wearing baseball caps backwards EVERY evening - YES, even during the Cruise Elegant nights. We saw plenty of basketball shirts and flip flops - again, yes, even on the Elegant nights. That's what happens when people are given an inch - they take a mile, at least some of them. I thought that's what the Lido Deck was for. No one tried to enforce the dress code at all. People could wear whatever they wanted and whenever they wanted - with NO consequences whatsoever. Even people in the Lido restaurant at lunch had no shirts and no shoes (guys, of course).

QUOTE: Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs). Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

END QUOTE

Guess you haven't read the Maitre D's face correctly....Are you a professional face reader?

I guess that's why they specify in their dress code about men wearing long pants on "casual night". I do not believe they have instituted a "slob night".

It also shows some respect for yourself and your fellow diners.....I know they've "Got Milk", but, "Got Respect" ?

I think you need to go back and read the dress code again.:rolleyes: It states that dress shorts are allowed. If Carnival does not have a problem with it you should not have one either and if you do, Oh well!

...never noticed what Elli Mae wears to the dinner table?? I think that rope belt is especially classy:rolleyes:

Never really noticed that Ellie Mae had a belt on. I was looking at her other features, so to speak...

And on that note; Why in the hell would anyone want to get on the train with Floyd and leave Hooterville for Pixley? That water tower had all a man needs in life!

And on that note; Why in the hell would anyone want to get on the train with Floyd and leave Hooterville for Pixley?

Because the kin folks said move away from there, they said, California is the place you otta be so they loaded up the trucks and they moved to Beverly......Hills that is.....Swimming pools, movie stars.

So know ya know why:D never said it was the brightest move they ever made;)

me too and my husband wore a nice ball gown, cause we can:p

Interesting point.....let's see what the fashion police have to say about this

What would happen if a transsexual (born male), or a cross-dresser came in a ball gown?

Or a woman in a tux.....

Are the rules gender specific?

What would happen if a transsexual (born male), or a cross-dresser came in a ball gown?

Or a woman in a tux.....

It's been done!

Or a woman in a tux.....

I've seen two women in tux's before, they were FOD I think and they looked beautiful!!!

I was raised to dress appropriately. In the dining room on Carnival, it is fancy and people should dress with respect and class. If you so chose to not follow those rules, fine. It doesn't affect my meal whatsoever, I just think it's a little ..um.. distasteful. On the last cruise, my family and I sat with a group who did not make any attempt to dress nicely. We obviously didn't like this but regardless they were nice people and we enjoyed eating with them.

With that said, on the same token, Carnival obviously does not enfore the dress code so does it really matter? I'm sure if Carnival was strict about the dress code then people would be more inclined to dress accordingly. If Carnival does not want to hold a high standard for their dinning room attire, so be it. I still love Carnival.

Stop fighting everyone :)

Do you realize that the dress code allows men to wear shorts in the dining room on Cruise Casual nights, which is most nights. So if a person follows carnival's rules but no the rules as you think they should be that is distasteful?

For the most part carnival does a good job enforcing the code as it is written, the problem that a number of people have is two fold, first they don't know the code, and second, if they knew it they would not like it because it is not like it used to be.

Is it okay on casual nights?

I've read through a bunch of threads and have seen conflicting reports. If my husband wears khaki shorts and a polo shirt in the dining room on casual nights, will he be alone?

Obviously not on elegant nights, but for casual nights?

I don't want him to look silly, but I know he'd MUCH rather wear shorts, or even jeans than bring khakis. (It's not so much about the pants as it's about having to wear nicer shoes with khakis)

I'm totally a "shorts kind of guy" but there are times that I have to put on my "big boy pants" and shoes and dress like a grown up. This is one of them. It's all part of the experience.

It certainly appears that some of the posters feel they outclass those of us who wear shorts on casual evenings in the main dining room. I'ts too bad they lack the intelligence to comprehend the written policy regarding dress. So make it simple dress in a manner that makes you comfortable, if you are not turned away from the dining room it must be appropriate!

It certainly appears that some of the posters feel they outclass those of us who wear shorts on casual evenings in the main dining room. I'ts too bad they lack the intelligence to comprehend the written policy regarding dress. So make it simple dress in a manner that makes you comfortable, if you are not turned away from the dining room it must be appropriate!

The problem is - or was on my last cruise - that they turn NO ONE away - not even people in SHORT shorts, flip-flops, and baseball caps on Elegant Night. Does that make it appropriate dress just because they weren't turned away? Again, give people an inch, and they'll take a mile - not everyone, but enough.

Archived