First Princess Cruise, please help!!!

cajun-cruiser

This will be our first Princess cruise :D I was wondering:

Which deck do they embark and disembark on?

Is Sabatini's Speciality Restaurant worth it? I will be celebrating my 50th Birthday and I want something special for that day. Do I go straight to the Restaurant when we get on ship to make my reservations?

Do they offer like Carnival; On the speciality drinks, do they offer a cheaper price to refill your drink with the glass?

Which nights are usually Formal nights on a 14 day cruise? We leave on a Sunday and don't arrive in Hilo till the Friday, we have 4 full sea days to go and to come back.

I know this has been mentioned before, but is it true soft serve icecream is free all day? If so, my DH will be happy :D

We never get sea sick, but I heard it is rough leaving LA and returning!!! Maybe I should have alot to drink those days :D:D HAHA!!!

Thanks for your help, I will have many more questions later.

Plaza on Crown and Golden.

Is Sabatini's Speciality Restaurant worth it? I will be celebrating my 50th Birthday and I want something special for that day. Do I go straight to the Restaurant when we get on ship to make my reservations?

Not been. Crown Grill has a good steak.

Do they offer like Carnival; On the speciality drinks, do they offer a cheaper price to refill your drink with the glass?

Not that I've seen.

Which nights are usually Formal nights on a 14 day cruise? We leave on a Sunday and don't arrive in Hilo till the Friday, we have 4 full sea days to go and to come back.

You're doing Golden to Hawaii? I don't remember, but it was one going over and two coming back.

I know this has been mentioned before, but is it true soft serve icecream is free all day? If so, my DH will be happy :D

Don't remember. Don't eat the stuff. Real ice cream costs, though.

We never get sea sick, but I heard it is rough leaving LA and returning!!! Maybe I should have alot to drink those days :D:D HAHA!!!

This was absolutely true for us. Try Bio-Bands. Worked miracles for us!

Embedded the answers above. Have fun!

various but usually 6 or 7

I think it is worth the experience. Make reservation as soon as you can but you need not run right there.

sorry

will be a sea day for sure maybe the third night out and second sea night back? oh ya, there are 3

We did not have any rough seas

I don't know about the ice cream....what ship are you on, Golden?

cajun-cruiser,

My husband and I feel that Sabatini's is worth the extra money because of the service, the quality of the food and the intimacy of the dining venue. We really loved the food and the service.

We have really enjoyed the steak house too because we are both steak lovers and the quality of the meat was outstanding.

We had good luck and didn't make our reservation until the day before we wanted to go. No problem, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that.

cajun-cruiser,

Another thing you might try is the Chef's Table - talk about a special occasion! :D The tour of the kitchen is amazing and the food, service and wine are, well, amazing. That is a very memorable meal, but you will be sharing it with others at the table. Sorry, no separate table for that one.

cajun-cruiser,

Another thing you might try is the Chef's Table - talk about a special occasion! :D The tour of the kitchen is amazing and the food, service and wine are, well, amazing. That is a very memorable meal, but you will be sharing it with others at the table. Sorry, no separate table for that one.

What exactly is the Chef's Table? How much more expensive is it?

I think Sabatini's is worth it, but for a really special experience, I would recommend the Ultimate Balcony Dining or the Chef's Table. Both great and unique experiences that go beyond a special restaurant.

We have found the days immediately out of/back to LA can be rough. On our last Alaska r/t from LA we had rough/overcast days the first 2 days out and the last 2 days back. Have also had rough days leaving/returning to LA on Mexican Riviera cruises.

I've done the HI cruise twice and have my third booked for January. Yes, it is usually cool and rough for a day or two leaving and returning to LA. The reason is the water temperature doesn't warm up until July; here on the coast, they call it the "June Gloom" because of the marine layer on and just off the coast every morning. As you head west out of San Pedro, you cross a major north/south current just off the coast of CA so it is often a little rough. Not awful.

I have never heard of a soda or drink refill; always have to buy a new soda or drink.

If you want to make reservations for either of the specialty restaurants, just call direct from your cabin phone on embarkation day. You don't need to run to the restaurant. Besides, on our last cruise they were using the Crown grill to take care of people trying to get into traditional dining. We almost made the mistake of waiting on the wrong line. we went back to our cabin and took care of the reservations by phone.

If you want to make reservations for either of the specialty restaurants, just call direct from your cabin phone on embarkation day. You don't need to run to the restaurant. Besides, on our last cruise they were using the Crown grill to take care of people trying to get into traditional dining. We almost made the mistake of waiting on the wrong line. we went back to our cabin and took care of the reservations by phone.

Thanks, calling from the cabin sounds great and much easier than heading to the restaurant.

Archived