Biggest Loser DVD

tlund

Just sharing that I started the Biggest Loser CardioMax and 30 Day Shred DVD and I can't believe the results. The exercises are kicking my a** but, wow, how they are working. Both workouts are between 20-30 minutes making it doable for me. I run down to the basement for a half hour and I'm done. I've noticed a difference in my body not necessarily the scale, which is how it should be. I need to stop living by the scale. I actually went on a long weekend trip and ate out and didn't gain weight. That means the muscles are building and working for me. Anyway, trying to fit into my bathing suit for our group cruise on the Adventure of the Seas at the end of October. I have about 25 pounds to go, which I think is doable. Wish me luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just sharing that I started the Biggest Loser CardioMax and 30 Day Shred DVD and I can't believe the results. The exercises are kicking my a** but, wow, how they are working. Both workouts are between 20-30 minutes making it doable for me. I run down to the basement for a half hour and I'm done. I've noticed a difference in my body not necessarily the scale, which is how it should be. I need to stop living by the scale. I actually went on a long weekend trip and ate out and didn't gain weight. That means the muscles are building and working for me. Anyway, trying to fit into my bathing suit for our group cruise on the Adventure of the Seas at the end of October. I have about 25 pounds to go, which I think is doable. Wish me luck!!

Good luck but it seems like you are doing super well! And, you sound very motivated!:)

I am hoping to lose 25-30 by September (yikes!) Glad the BL dvd's are doing it for you, I am going to try the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's...we'll see what happens. The BL workout is next if this one doesn't work.

Good luck...sounds like you have a great plan in place!!

I am on day 7 of the 30 Day Shred and like you, it is kicking my butt. I run/walk several times a week as well as do yoga every week so I thought I was prepared...I think not! I can already see a difference in my arms though. I love the 20 minute format!

Am cruising for 7 days in September so trying to make a pre-emptive strike on my body composition (weight) before I go so that it's not too much of a shock on my system.

How do you like Cardio Max? I'm finding in the 30 day shred that it's the strength part that's really killing me...

Congrats on starting the programs! I read about the 30 DS and figured that I'd give it a try. I didn't buy the actual DVD, but I use the free shows that they have On Demand in the fitness section. Unfortunately, yet understandably so, they only have the 1st two levels, so I'm excited to buy the DVD to do the third level. I'm actually waiting to do that until I'm bored w/the 2nd level.

How heavy are your weights? I started off w/3 lbs, but now use 5 lbs w/some. I heard that some people use 8 lbs, but I can't imagine doing that. Like you, I could've sworn I saw a difference in my arms when I started, but I wasn't sure if that was a sort of placebo effect in that I knew that I was working them, so I saw what I thought I should see.

The hardest part of the shred for me is the CARDIO! The worst weights section for me is the 3rd part of level 2 when you're in a squatting position w/your legs pretty close together and you're doing a V raise w/your arms straight out.

How is cardio max? I've never heard of that one.

Good luck with your new plan!

• 3 months later...

I'm starting to 30 Day Shred tonight and have heard/read nothing but good things about the results aside from the butt kicking. I also ordered the Boot Camp DVD with Bob but will save that for another night. I have several friends who are waiting to hear how it works for me and possibly borrow it or join me for it. I've learned in the past that the inches are more important to pay anttention to than the number on the scale which can be discouraging at times.

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred off and on for a couple of months. When I do it like you're supposed to--that is, every day, I really notice the difference, and yep, it's a hard workout for me--I'm 64.

I can do the 1st level without much trouble now, except I never have been able to do full pushups. I've tried level two a few times; it's enough harder that I have to do a lot of modifying and it really wears me out, so obviously I'm not really ready for it yet.

I use 5 lb. weights--I'll have to improve a lot to use 8 pounders! I have another Biggest Loser DVD too--can't think of the name--it's kind of an interval workout with weights. I like it too, but I like the 20 minute format better.

Archived