celebrity 'M' class and Century class vs Rcl Vision of the Sea

tcocktail

I found a cruise on the Vision of the Seas in September 2010 out of Denmark. The itinerary looks good but I am very aprehensive about sailing on RCCl. The last time I was there the food was terrible the service lacking. What are your thoughts about the difference between Celebrity and RCCL in the med? I really wish Celebrity had an itinerary close to the vision

Wow, I am surprised, hasn't anyone been on the Vision of the Seas? Or is everyone just staying with Celebrity? The way the food has been opn Celebrity my last two cruises I am wondering how much worst RCCl could be now.

Wow, I am surprised, hasn't anyone been on the Vision of the Seas? Or is everyone just staying with Celebrity? The way the food has been opn Celebrity my last two cruises I am wondering how much worst RCCl could be now.

tcocktail,

I've cruised the Vision of the Seas, the Century, and the Millennium class ships (six times) and yes I feel the same way about the food on RCI. Having said that, it's been a while since I've cruised Royal Caribbean, but given a choice I would go with Celebrity.

We were on the Solstice in March and we had the best food in 32 cruises.

Good Luck!

Kel:)

We have only sailed once on RCCL...we loved the ship and the Captain but thought the food and service were not good....not good... as in plain...not bad...just boring. More like eating in a cafeteria than a restaurant.

We have cruised Celebrity many times...I would choose them in a heart beat. We have also cruised on Azamara...another great choice, I think.

We cruised on Oceania in the Med. and had a wonderful cruise with great CC friends...but...to be honest...for us Oceania has gotten way to expensive.

If the prices are similar (and I would assume, like us, price is important) then I would choose Celebrity. LuAnn

Agree with the comments of picking Celebrity over RCCI, and I haven't sailed VoS specifically, but did enjoy RCCI, just not nearly as much as Celebrity. We start with Celebrity and compare others to specific cruises.

With that said, I took a look at the itinerary you were referring to on the VoS in Sep 10. Wow, neat cruise. You are right, Celebrity doesn't have one even close to it. Malta would be fantastic, as would Split and some of the other ports that aren't 'normal' ports.

Hard subjective call. Love the itinerary which is what you picked it for. If you try not to play the 'compare' game we all love to fall into and just enjoy the cruise, go for it.

Personally, I lean towards the ship being primary - love seeing ports and would change for a specific itinerary, but it would take a lot of 'must see' ports.

Good luck, Denny

Agree with the comments of picking Celebrity over RCCI, and I haven't sailed VoS specifically, but did enjoy RCCI, just not nearly as much as Celebrity. We start with Celebrity and compare others to specific cruises.

With that said, I took a look at the itinerary you were referring to on the VoS in Sep 10. Wow, neat cruise. You are right, Celebrity doesn't have one even close to it. Malta would be fantastic, as would Split and some of the other ports that aren't 'normal' ports.

Hard subjective call. Love the itinerary which is what you picked it for. If you try not to play the 'compare' game we all love to fall into and just enjoy the cruise, go for it.

Personally, I lean towards the ship being primary - love seeing ports and would change for a specific itinerary, but it would take a lot of 'must see' ports.

Good luck, Denny

Now you understand my dilemma. The itinery is great but not loving RCCL. I wish Celebrity had more ships in 2010 in Europe. Maybe there will be another sale at azamara as in April two for one.:-) Thanks all. Have no idea what we will do as of right now there are 7 of us traveling.

We were on the Vision of the Seas May 08, out of L.A to Mexico & while we have no complaints about the cabin or the service. The food in the main dining room did not come close to Celebrity. We were told by our waiter that steak or any beef could only be served medium well or medium rare. We thought it was odd but since we had never cruised RCI before we did not say anything. Our table mates had been on a lot of RCI cruises before & they never said anything to the waiter to imply that there should be a differenct choice. We have been on 32 Celebrity cruises so obviously we like that line. Also the buffet was up at the front of the ship which meant if it was rough seas at all it really rocked up in the buffet.

Shirley

We were on the Vision of the Seas May 08, out of L.A to Mexico & while we have no complaints about the cabin or the service. The food in the main dining room did not come close to Celebrity. We were told by our waiter that steak or any beef could only be served medium well or medium rare. We thought it was odd but since we had never cruised RCI before we did not say anything. Our table mates had been on a lot of RCI cruises before & they never said anything to the waiter to imply that there should be a differenct choice. We have been on 32 Celebrity cruises so obviously we like that line. Also the buffet was up at the front of the ship which meant if it was rough seas at all it really rocked up in the buffet.

Shirley

Shirley would you sail with them again? If so why? How was the fish and chicken in the main dining room.

We were on Vision of the Seas in Feb for two weeks. We had great food in the dining room. I loved the fish, chicken and had good steak twice. Our waiter the first week was not as good as our waiter the second week. We did not change cabins and our service was good. We liked the buffet, and thought the food was good. I did not care for the snack food in the Solarium.

I do like Celebrity, but would not hesitate to sail Vision again. Nice staff.

Archived