Pictorial Destiny Review June 15th Grand Turk and HMC

mom2girls

DestinyDay1041.jpg

DestinyDay1042.jpg

DestinyDay1044.jpg

After exploring the ship it was time to meet my roll call at the Stellar Bar. We were having a wonderful time, but unfortunately it was time to go to the muster drill. The muster drill was held on deck 4 outside. It was extremely hot, and I was thankful when it was over.

Shortly after the muster drill the Captain announced that we would not be leaving until around 6:30 due to port traffic. I was a little bummed because I wanted to be at sea. I dealt with it by having a DOD and sushi.

DestinyDay1050.jpg

DestinyDay1051.jpg

Mom2girls, I sure hope I can get your permission to use some of your photos for the book I'm making for my DD?? She has autism and this will be her first cruise. We are doing everything we can to 'prep' her and making a sort of social storybook is one - your photos of the ship etc would be a perfect addition. :)

I am loving your review!

Miriam

Now, it was time to get ready for dinner. I was a little nervous since I was traveling solo. My dinner was in the Galaxy dining room. My waiters were Suparita and Louie. They were terrific! I was happy to see that there was someone there when I got there. Yea, they sat me with another person traveling solo. She was very nice, and I'm glad they placed me with her. There was a family from Toronto at our table as well, but they weren't there the first night. I had the pork chops for dinner, and they were excellent! Yum! I'm really missing being waited on.

I did take pictures of the menu, but they all didn't come out well. I'll post the one's that are legible.

DestinyDay1001-1.jpg

DestinyDay1002.jpg

DestinyDay1003.jpg

After dinner I went to the Welcome Aboard show, which happened to be the same show as other ships, but it was still entertaining.

When I went to my room I found this towel animal:

DestinyDay1058.jpg

DestinyDay1059.jpg

Mom2girls, I sure hope I can get your permission to use some of your photos for the book I'm making for my DD?? She has autism and this will be her first cruise. We are doing everything we can to 'prep' her and making a sort of social storybook is one - your photos of the ship etc would be a perfect addition. :)

I am loving your review!

Miriam

Of course you can use my pictures. I've worked with autistic children before, so I understand that it's better to prep them before change. You'll have a blast on this trip.

I'm lovin it! Great pictures, especially of the room:) Thanks;) The putt putt looks really nice, can't wait. A couple questions while I'm remembering:

Did they offer the cruise certs?

Did you go to the piano bar?

Did you pay attention to whether or not they offered post cruise excursions for late flights?

Thanks a lot.

Of course you can use my pictures. I've worked with autistic children before, so I understand that it's better to prep them before change. You'll have a blast on this trip.

Thanks!!! I have absolutely no doubt we will all have a blast - especially on that mini golf course :)

BTW, meant to tell you that I LOVE the photos of the skyline leaving Miami at dusk. Wonderful!!

Miriam

I'm lovin it! Great pictures, especially of the room:) Thanks;) The putt putt looks really nice, can't wait. A couple questions while I'm remembering:

Did they offer the cruise certs?

Did you go to the piano bar?

Did you pay attention to whether or not they offered post cruise excursions for late flights?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks! Are you talking about future cruise certificates? I'm not sure if they did. I didn't see it in the capers, and since I already have next year's cruise booked, I didn't really pay attention. Yes, I went to the piano bar one night. He was really good. At the time there wasn't a lot of people in there, but there were some nights when it was pretty crowded when I walked by. I did hear an announcement that said there were excursions offered for Miami if you had a late flight. But, I didn't pay attention to what they were.

Thanks!!! I have absolutely no doubt we will all have a blast - especially on that mini golf course :)

BTW, meant to tell you that I LOVE the photos of the skyline leaving Miami at dusk. Wonderful!!

Miriam

Thanks again! :)

YAY! A review with pictures!!! Keep it coming!

I'm glad you're cheering! :D More will be coming. But, I think I'm done with the pictures for tonight. I'll post more tomorrow. I did finish with Day 1 though. :)

Thanks! Are you talking about future cruise certificates? I'm not sure if they did. I didn't see it in the capers, and since I already have next year's cruise booked, I didn't really pay attention.

Yes, the future cruise certs. Continue on...:D

I'm glad you're cheering! :D More will be coming. But, I think I'm done with the pictures for tonight. I'll post more tomorrow. I did finish with Day 1 though. :)

Can't wait for day 2 tomorrow now :D

Miriam

I miss seeing the girls! I have read many of your reviews :cool:. I try to read everyones!

Awwww! I miss them too! They come home tomorrow. They went to all the Disney parks with their dad. So, I'm pretty sure they had a good time too.

Archived