Pictorial Destiny Review June 15th Grand Turk and HMC

mom2girls

Day 4:

I didn't wake up early on the day we went to HMC since we weren't going to be there until around 9:30. I ate breakfast in the dining room, and I have to say that it was nice to be waited on. After that I went back to my cabin to get the things I needed for the day. I made my way to the Lounge where we were supposed to meet to get the tender tickets. I ended up on the first tender with people who did not have excursions. It was tender # 4. I was happy to say that I had very good timing in this case because I didn't have to wait long.

DestinyDay4and5023.jpg

DestinyDay4and5024.jpg

DestinyDay4and5025.jpg

DestinyDay4and5028.jpg

When I arrived I could tell I was in the ultimate paradise. The sand was as soft as baby powder. It felt heavenly. And, the water was the prettiest sparkling blue I've ever seen. It was very refreshing after sitting in the hot sun for a while. :)

DestinyDay4and5032.jpg

DestinyDay4and5035.jpg

DestinyDay4and5039.jpg

DestinyDay4and5038.jpg

DestinyDay4and5040.jpg

Mom2girls - I just wanted to thank-you soooooo much for taking pictures of the menu!!!! I had asked before you left and I have been waiting patiently for you to return. I looks like you have had an amazing time. Once again thank-you!!!!!

Great review mom2girls! We are planning on a cruise in April on the Miracle, but it will go to the 2 of the same ports as this one! One quick question for you, or anyone else who can answer. Since Margaritaville is a bar, are kids allowed at the pool area? We will be cruising with a 6, 13, and 15 year old, and were hoping to do the pool at Margaritaville. Also, were those cabanas in your picture? We are hoping to get a cabana at HMC, but what about the ones at GT? Loving the review, hoping for some great ideas!

Great review mom2girls! We are planning on a cruise in April on the Miracle, but it will go to the 2 of the same ports as this one! One quick question for you, or anyone else who can answer. Since Margaritaville is a bar, are kids allowed at the pool area? We will be cruising with a 6, 13, and 15 year old, and were hoping to do the pool at Margaritaville. Also, were those cabanas in your picture? We are hoping to get a cabana at HMC, but what about the ones at GT? Loving the review, hoping for some great ideas!

Kids are allowed in the pool. It's a large pool and there are section farther away from the bar. We went in May and hung out there with my 6 year old brother. The DJ even played a scavenger hunt game with the kids. GT was great. Just get off early. We first went to the beach, but it was really rocky so we went to the pool.

HMC is awesome. We were on tender #3 off the ship and rented a couple of claim shells. It was HOT, but we spent most of our time in the water. Again, no matter what you decide get off the ship as early as you can.

***Mom2girls***I am loving this review. 131 til we're on the Destiny. I'm really waiting to find out how debarkation went for you. I have an 11:50 am flight from Miami and hoping we will make it ok.

Kids are allowed in the pool. It's a large pool and there are section farther away from the bar. We went in May and hung out there with my 6 year old brother. The DJ even played a scavenger hunt game with the kids. GT was great. Just get off early. We first went to the beach, but it was really rocky so we went to the pool.

HMC is awesome. We were on tender #3 off the ship and rented a couple of claim shells. It was HOT, but we spent most of our time in the water. Again, no matter what you decide get off the ship as early as you can.

***Mom2girls***I am loving this review. 131 til we're on the Destiny. I'm really waiting to find out how debarkation went for you. I have an 11:50 am flight from Miami and hoping we will make it ok.

Debarkation was a piece of cake for me, but I did do the self-debarkation option. If you're going to do this make sure to get to the lounge no later than 7:30. I was off the ship by 7:45, and in my car at 7:55.

Mom2girls,

What is in 2nd picture of bushes? Is that another chicken?:confused:

The 2nd picture is a mama chicken with her babies. :)

This review is phenomenal! We sail on the Destiny with this itinerary on Monday, and looking at these pictures is making the wait even more unbearable!

Do you know how much the inner tubes were to rent? We have our own inflatable water chairs (with cup holders:cool:) that we were planning on taking along, thinking that floats or tubes would sell out while we were on our horseback riding excursion.

Thank you SO very much for this review!!!

This review is phenomenal! We sail on the Destiny with this itinerary . on Monday, and looking at these pictures is making the wait even more unbearable!

Do you know how much the inner tubes were to rent? We have our own inflatable water chairs (with cup holders:cool:) that we were planning on taking along, thinking that floats or tubes would sell out while we were on our horseback riding excursion.

Thank you SO very much for this review!!!

I'm glad you like the review!:) I wasn't inteested in the inner tubes, so I didn't think to go look at the price. There looked like there were plenty of floats available when I was there, but it probably is a good idea to bring your own just to make sure.

I will be on the Destiny for the second time in November for the second Rick Springfield cruise. I will have to go on the Destiny when it is not a Rick Springfield cruise. They have us going from morning till night doing Rick stuff that you don't get any time to do things on the ship. I did get to go the the Captains party. But had a great time with all the Rick stuff

I really like the next picture. And, of course I wish I could stay there forever too. :)

DestinyDay4and5030.jpg

I did head back to the ship about an hour and a half before the last tender was supposed to leave because I didn't want to have to wait in line. While on board I read a book by the adult pool. I have to say it was very relaxing.

Here is the dinner menu for the 4th night:

DestinyDay4and5045.jpg

DestinyDay4and5046.jpg

DestinyDay4and5047.jpg

Archived