Pictorial Destiny Review June 15th Grand Turk and HMC

mom2girls

Can't wait for day 2 tomorrow now :D

Miriam

Miriam, I love your Puzzle Ship! I may have to snag it. :) My son has Autism and he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to cruise!! I don't know how old your daughter is but if she's young enough for Camp Carnival, they are AWESOME about taking extra care to make sure that your child is safe and having a terrific time!

Kelli-Ann, I'm loving your review. Makes my 5 weeks left to wait seems not as long. :) Can't wait to read more.

Jennifer

Thanks for taking the time to post this most enjoyable review :) I'll be solo in 2335 in February and this is great for the anticipation! I bellieve I will also look into the Intercontinental for my precruise night.

Mom2girls~I am really enjoying your review so far. Thanks for all of the pics. Just last night my DH asked if there is a putt-putt course on the Destiny and now I have the answer. We are sailing the same itinerary in Feb. and we are really looking forward to the Destiny.

Thanks again!

awesome review so far. looking forward to more!! Thanks
I'm glad you like it! :)

Miriam, I love your Puzzle Ship! I may have to snag it. :) My son has Autism and he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to cruise!! I don't know how old your daughter is but if she's young enough for Camp Carnival, they are AWESOME about taking extra care to make sure that your child is safe and having a terrific time!

Kelli-Ann, I'm loving your review. Makes my 5 weeks left to wait seems not as long. :) Can't wait to read more.

Jennifer

The 5 weeks will go by fast!:cool:

What a wonderful review so far! Thanks for the pictures of the 1A. I never realized they had so much room. I may have to consider that a good choice for a future booking.

From what I've read not all 1A's have as much room. But, there is a thread around somewhere that discusses 1A's. I'm difinitely glad I researched it before I booked. It was an awesome room!

Mom2girls~I am really enjoying your review so far. Thanks for all of the pics. Just last night my DH asked if there is a putt-putt course on the Destiny and now I have the answer. We are sailing the same itinerary in Feb. and we are really looking forward to the Destiny.

Thanks again!

I think you're going to be very happy with the Destiny! :D

Welcome home :) I'm loving the pictures. The 1A room looked great. I'm excited to see the other photos soon. Madi and I are truely looking forward to next June, especially after seeing the pictures.

Thanks! We can't wait until next June either! The time will fly by!:cool:

Day 2:

I woke up bright and early the next day. This happened to be our day at sea. I took a few pictures as the sun was getting ready to rise.

DestinyDay2and3001.jpg

DestinyDay2and3002.jpg

DestinyDay2and3004.jpg

There was a short rain shower right before the sunrise for there's a little gap between the pictures as the sun was rising.

DestinyDay2and3005.jpg

DestinyDay2and3006.jpg

Since I was up pretty early I ate breakfast around 7:00. Very few people were up and about at this time so there were no lines at the buffet. If you want an omelette they're made at the outside part of the buffet on the Lido deck. The rest of day 2 was spent relaxing by the pool. I got a chair near the main pool at 8:30, and I have to say the chair hogs were at bay. If you want to get a chair you definitely need to get out early.

The day had the typical activities with a band playing caribbean style music. Of course there was the "Hairy Man" contest which was hysterical as usual. I ate lunch around 12:00. Since this is the beginning time they serve lunch it wasn't crowded yet. But, the lines did seem to get pretty long as time went on. Oh, I have another suggestion when you go to the pool. Make sure to wear your shoes when you're on your way to swim. The tiles by the pool can get pretty hot in the Caribbean sun!

After a while I had had plenty of sun. So, I decided to find a relaxing place to read. This ship didn't have as many quiet "nooks" to read. So, I proceeded to deck 5 to find a place by a window. After a while I decided that I wanted to check out the adult area. I figured since it was 5:00 it wouldn't be crowded because many people would be getting ready for elegant night. I was right. There were very few people by the adult pool and jacuzzi's. I enjoyed myself so much, that I never did spend any more time by the main pool the rest of the trip. Around 6:00 I decided to go get ready for the Captain's cocktail party and elegant night. The party was very nice, and the Captain was very friendly. He's also pretty funny with his jokes. He is one of the most personable captain's I've ever had the pleasure of cruising with.

After the cocktail party it was almost time for dinner, so I headed that way. Tonight I met the rest of the people who were seated at my table. This family was from Toronto. The "children" had bought this cruise as a gift for their parents 30th wedding anniversary. I thought this was very sweet!

As I said earlier the pictures of the menus didn't turn out wonderful, but I'm posting them anyway.

DestinyDay2and3080.jpg

DestinyDay2and3012.jpg

DestinyDay2and3013.jpg

I ordered pumpkin soup which of course was awesome! I also had the lobster and prime rib. This is the first time I ordered 2 entree's, and I have to say I'm glad I did. Because both were fantastic. Of course I had the chocolate melting cake for dessert. :)

When I got to my room I found another adorable towel animal:

DestinyDay2and3014.jpg

The invitation to the past guest party was also there. This party was on the night that we were in Grand Turk, which was the next night.

I wandered around the Lido deck some, and watched a little bit of Wall-E.

DestinyDay2and3015.jpg

DestinyDay2and3016.jpg

Here's another pic of the towel animal the next morning. I had moved it to the couch. :)

DestinyDay2and3069.jpg

Great review! I love your pics. I will be on the Destiny in August with friends and family. I can't wait.

Thanks! I know you'll love her, and the time will go by faster then you think. It's only two months away.:cool:

Thanks! I know you'll love her, and the time will go by faster then you think. It's only two months away.:cool:

This is an off the wall question.

Do you have pics of the Assistant CD or did you notice if his hair was long?

We were told that if 1500 guest turned in their survey cards he would cut his hair.

Just curious.

You cant miss him. Bald on top but long in the back.

Did they tell you the same thing about the guest cards and hair cut?

This is an off the wall question.

Do you have pics of the Assistant CD or did you notice if his hair was long?

We were told that if 1500 guest turned in their survey cards he would cut his hair.

Just curious.

You cant miss him. Bald on top but long in the back.

Did they tell you the same thing about the guest cards and hair cut?

I didn't take any pictures of him. But' date=' his hair wasn't long. It wasn't hanging down his back. It was kind of sticking up in the air.[/size']

Hi mom2girls! It was great to meet you last week:) Your review is great so far, can't wait to read the rest.

Our dining staff was just superb; Ozhan and Ekaterina were the best ever! The only crew member we encountered that did not seem to enjoy her job was the young lady on HMC in the gift shop. She wasn't unpleasant or rude, but very indifferent to folks. It was an awesome cruise, a couple of new ports to explore and many good times and laughter.

Crusin'Ron-I never heard anything about a hair cut! :) I did see him several times around the ship, and I saw him right as we got off the ship.

Jennifer

Hey Jennifer - snag away! I love the symbol too :D

Thanks, too, for the news that your son loves cruising and how wonderful CC will be. I can't wait - she's already so excited, she has started to pack a bit :)

I am just loving this review!!!

Miriam

Great reveiw. Waiting for more!!! Would love to sail out of Miami. Have to convince the family to fly there. If it's more then a four hour drive they don't want to go. I'm getting tired of New Orleans, Galveston, and Mobile.

Hi mom2girls! It was great to meet you last week:) Your review is great so far, can't wait to read the rest.

Our dining staff was just superb; Ozhan and Ekaterina were the best ever! The only crew member we encountered that did not seem to enjoy her job was the young lady on HMC in the gift shop. She wasn't unpleasant or rude, but very indifferent to folks. It was an awesome cruise, a couple of new ports to explore and many good times and laughter.

Crusin'Ron-I never heard anything about a hair cut! :) I did see him several times around the ship, and I saw him right as we got off the ship.

I enjoyed meeting you too! I didn't really meet anyone who was unpleasant, but I didn't go into the giftshop at HMC.

Hey Jennifer - snag away! I love the symbol too :D

Thanks, too, for the news that your son loves cruising and how wonderful CC will be. I can't wait - she's already so excited, she has started to pack a bit :)

I am just loving this review!!!

Miriam

That's awesome that she's already packing. The more excited she is the better. :)

More, more, more....

I love your reviews with all the pictures. I need a cruise fix to get me through this hot Texas day.

Great reveiw. Waiting for more!!! Would love to sail out of Miami. Have to convince the family to fly there. If it's more then a four hour drive they don't want to go. I'm getting tired of New Orleans, Galveston, and Mobile.

I'm glad you're both liking my review. :) I'm getting ready to post more.

mom2girls - Welcome back and thanks for all the great pictures! We'll be on Destiny in October and have a single friend staying in 2335 so she'll be excited to see the pictures of her cabin!

Can't wait to hear what you thought of your ports. GT and HMC are my absolute favorites!

Do you happen to recall if they were selling DOD cards?

Archived